I truly believe if Jon Jones didn’t poke Glover like 5 times in the eyes, chances are Glover...

Same tactics used against Rampage.

plus flat out running
All the best do it:
giphy.gif

I don’t think any version of Glover beats Jones. Jones has great anti-wrestling, sub defense, range, pace and cardio. I just don’t see where Glover can win (aside from something fluky).

Same with Jan. I think Jones can keep his distance on the feet, and take it to the ground if he needs to.

Jiri on the other hand... that guy is fearless and a nightmare for anyone.

Actually, whenever I think about this fight, I remember this and think that it's one of the best move I've seen in MMA. Watching this I was like "man, Jones is really a genius".
Highest fight IQ of all time rivaled maybe by GSP..

But that's it..

Seeing this reminds me how pre-usada Jones had speed and cardio for days. Came in handy when he actually faced a guy who had skill and pushed him to the limit.

I don’t think any version of Glover beats Jones. Jones has great steroids, steroids, steroids, steroids and steroids. I just don’t see where Glover can win (aside from some steroids).

Same with Jan. I think Jones can keep his steroids, and take it to the ground if he needs to.

Jiri on the other hand... that guy is fearless and a nightmare for anyone.

FTFY.

Last edited:
What i disliked also in that fight was the shoulder lock. Jones literally popped glover shoulder with no chance for him to tap. That's really flirting with the limits of what's legal in a mma fight

Glover was not winning that fight. Ever. Jones had so little to fear from Glover’s striking that he sat there in a phone booth with him all fight long. A sub win is more likely, but not by too much.

Last edited:
What i disliked also in that fight was the shoulder lock. Jones literally popped glover shoulder with no chance for him to tap. That's really flirting with the limits of what's legal in a mma fight

this is why he won the fight more than the pokes. i think the technique was fine. its legal its like any other sub. do you think aokis arm break takedown was dirty too?
the perspective jon has seems dirty but its true and its not dirty. the ufc needs to make the changes.

Could’ve won by sub or decision, but it’s very hard to tell after your vision is compromised and here is the fight for free to watch! Once Jon couldn’t get his way with Glover he used his best weapon his open fingers and the ref let him put his fingers open most of the fight in front of Glover’s face and eyes! WTF?

Gotta give ol jonny the benifit of the doubt, no way hes doing it on purpose

Yeah super impossible for Glover to have tapped with his literal other arm, or verbally

Fedor’s balls living rent free in your dome.

<Dany07>
Just showing another example of a goat running in a fight in a single moment. Shit happens to the best of them bro.

One of the reasons I love Jones, who thinks about doing moves like that? Had to watch the setup many times afterwards. Not many deadly attack from clinch as it is and many use it to rest.

Back