I tried to tell you guys...

I was warning all the people who were saying Rose was going to dominate her, and do this and that that Karolina was just going to piece her up on the feet pretty easily.

Rose's standup is just subpar for the most part and like I said prior to the fight she is rather overrated on Sherdog in my opinion of course.

Am I being to harsh on Rose's standup? Thoughts?

Super pumped about KK/Joanna though on another note.

Rose has been overrated, and her stand up game is nothing special, or dangerous. Rose has a ton of potential, but potential is about what could be, not what already is. Rose had a distorted perception of what her actual skill level is, even though the proof was in her fight with Tecia.

Rose looks exceptional against low tier girls but not against real Top 5 girls at SW, and like Vanzant, she was always ranked too high based on the sum total of competition that she has faced. The good news is that Rose is only 24 yrs old with plenty of time to keep improving and getting better.

The reality right now is that Rose is a mid level fighter, not an elite at SW.

Last edited:
I would also like to note that KK didn't even show her best fight against Rose. KK who usually has good cardio, appeared to also be gassed by the 2nd rd, albeit to a lesser extent than Rose was. But I think that had more to do with an adrenaline dump due to the high profile and importance of the fight, which zapped KK's energy.

KK's combo's at range are usually more on point than they were last night, and she had most of her striking success in the clinch. So Rose didn't even get beat by the best version of KK. I think that if KK had not gassed a bit she would have finished Rose via TKO.

Back