I tried to tell you guys...

McgreGOATsLeft

alone
@red
Reaction score
I was warning all the people who were saying Rose was going to dominate her, and do this and that that Karolina was just going to piece her up on the feet pretty easily.

Rose's standup is just subpar for the most part and like I said prior to the fight she is rather overrated on Sherdog in my opinion of course.

Am I being to harsh on Rose's standup? Thoughts?

Super pumped about KK/Joanna though on another note.

Last edited:
I was warning all the people who were saying Rose was going to dominate her, and do this and that that Karolina was just going to piece her up on the feet pretty easily.

Rose's standup is just subpar for the most part and like I said prior to the fight she is rather overrated on Sherdog.

Am I being to harsh on Rose's standup? Thoughts?

Super pumped about KK/Joanna though on another note.
I think Rose has great technical stand up, but her biggest problem tonight seemed to be power. She whacked KK with rights over and over again for the first half of the fight, but KK's head didn't even move when she was getting hit by them. If Rose had some pop to her punches, I think she would have won that fight early. Going forward, who knows? Power isn't an easy thing to learn.

Did you notice the posters who were saying that Rose was going to beat Jedi after she beat KK?

giphy.gif

Rose's standup isn't bad, at distance she was winning the fight. Karolina's clinch is very strong and she was able to over power Rose and drain her with really tough clinch shots to the stomach. I thought it was an amazing fight. My takeaway wasn't 'man Rose is overrated' but just Karolina is awesome (which we already knew) and both of these girls will be contenders for years.

I think Rose has great technical stand up, but her biggest problem tonight seemed to be power. She whacked KK with rights over and over again for the first half of the fight, but KK's head didn't even move when she was getting hit by them. If Rose had some pop to her punches, I think she would have won that fight early. Going forward, who knows? Power isn't an easy thing to learn.
Great technical standup? I mean I can possibly see you saying GOOD technical standup but I don't know about great, you make a good point though about her punches not doing much.
On another note I think we would both agree that Karolina got the better of the standup though correct?

Great technical standup? I mean I can possibly see you saying GOOD technical standup but I don't know about great, you make a good point though about her punches not doing much.
On another note I think we would both agree that Karolina got the better of the standup though correct?
haha, yea great is a stretch. Pretty good for WMMA would be more accurate. I think Karolina got the better of the stand up through the whole fight. Especially in the clinch. But if Rose had some power to her punches, I'm not sure it would have gotten there. She hit KK with at least 10 really good rights to the chin early in the fight, but KK didn't seem fazed by a single one of them.

Rose's standup isn't bad, at distance she was winning the fight. Karolina's clinch is very strong and she was able to over power Rose and drain her with really tough clinch shots to the stomach. I thought it was an amazing fight. My takeaway wasn't 'man Rose is overrated' but just Karolina is awesome (which we already knew) and both of these girls will be contenders for years.
I can get behind that statement, that's very fair to say and indeed she was.
You're absolutely right, great takeaway from a good fight but my reasoning for saying Rose was a little overrated is that sherdoggers (some of them) really thought that she was going to run through KK and then beat Joanna.

I based my pick on Rose's legs always going limp like noodles in a fight. If the adrenaline hits you so hard that your legs become jelly when you're fighting fucking Paige Van Zant, you're just not a legit warrior end of story.

I think this is the secret to why KK always ends up with the win, it's not impossible for her opponents to beat her but she fucking goes for it. She doesn't just rehearse some dumb point winning stand up like so many of the girls like PVZ who makes it look like sparring. She's got real grit.

And in MMA, grit >>>> technical skill everyday. Some people are legit, some people get into the sport but really aren't, I think that's the problem with modern MMA, so much emphasis on technique and practicing but too little heart.

I can get behind that statement, that's very fair to say and indeed she was.
You're absolutely right, great takeaway from a good fight but my reasoning for saying Rose was a little overrated is that sherdoggers (some of them) really thought that she was going to run through KK and then beat Joanna.
Well I think really that is more about KK being underrated. She came to the UFC with little fanfare (outside of us hardcore WMMA fans) and has kind of flown under the radar. Rose on the other hand fought on numerous Invicta cards and went through a really good season of TUF where she was hyped as the female Pettis (back when that was a good thing lol). There is going to be a natural overstatement of how good someone like that is but at her core she is still a super exciting and talented young fighter. I guess my point is I think we could find hyperbolic fans for every fighter. Of course some are louder than others. ;)

Rose doesn't have power, it is simple as that.
In the fight you can se a couple of punches that actually stopped when they hit Karolina's head and didn't do any damage.

Well I think really that is more about KK being underrated. She came to the UFC with little fanfare (outside of us hardcore WMMA fans) and has kind of flown under the radar. Rose on the other hand fought on numerous Invicta cards and went through a really good season of TUF where she was hyped as the female Pettis (back when that was a good thing lol). There is going to be a natural overstatement of how good someone like that is but at her core she is still a super exciting and talented young fighter. I guess my point is I think we could find hyperbolic fans for every fighter. Of course some are louder than others. ;)
That's a very good point actually, also on another note relating to the same matter of KK being underrated I was shocked that KK wasn't the favorite honestly.
Very intelligent, non-biased, and factual take there my friend. You never fail to impress!

haha, yea great is a stretch. Pretty good for WMMA would be more accurate. I think Karolina got the better of the stand up through the whole fight. Especially in the clinch. But if Rose had some power to her punches, I'm not sure it would have gotten there. She hit KK with at least 10 really good rights to the chin early in the fight, but KK didn't seem fazed by a single one of them.
That would be far more accurate indeed.
Fair points buddeh, great fight it was though.

This was similar to holms last fight. The ufc hype train isnt always right. You casuals gotta look at the fine print:cool:

Back