I tried, fellow Gus fans. I tried... (PIC)

Ugh, this is getting annoying.

Jones seems like the type who wants to move forward; take on new and bigger challenges. It was close but Gus lost and Gus hasn't done anything since to give the impression he's got something new and interesting for Jones. Why the hell would Jones be interested in a Gus rematch? To shut you Gus fangirls up? Why would he care what you think? Beating Cormier does way more for Jones stock than beating Gus again.

Ugh, this is getting annoying.

Jones seems like the type who wants to move forward; take on new and bigger challenges. It was close but Gus lost and Gus hasn't done anything since to give the impression he's got something new and interesting for Jones. Why the hell would Jones be interested in a Gus rematch? To shut you Gus fangirls up? Why would he care what you think? Beating Cormier does way more for Jones stock than beating Gus again.

Why do people think it makes sense to keep regurgitating this^ same retarded drivel over and over?

You're making the rest of us more dumb when we read it, by posting this kind of idiotic reasoning.

TS, it will be okay. Gus and Jones will fight eventually.

Why do people think it makes sense to keep regurgitating this^ same retarded drivel over and over?
Probably because it's inarguable fact that completely shuts down all of the moronic cheerleading for a Gus rematch. Cormier is the better fighter and the more interesting challenge. Jones wanting him over Gus makes sense on every conceivable level if Jones is trying to build a legacy.

Probably because it's inarguable fact that completely shuts down all of the moronic cheerleading for a Gus rematch. Cormier is the better fighter and the more interesting challenge. Jones wanting him over Gus makes sense on every conceivable level if Jones is trying to build a legacy.

Gus already had a razor close highly competitive match with Jon, challenged and pushed Jon more than anyone ever has, and put him in the hospital.

Get off the crack dude.

Gus already had a razor close highly competitive match with Jon, challenged and pushed Jon more than anyone ever has, and put him in the hospital.

Get off the crack dude.
Gus did well and it was close but he lost and it WASN'T a bad decision. There's a better contender in line so an undeserved rematch isn't really called for.

Gus did well and it was close but he lost and it WASN'T a bad decision. There's a better contender in line so an undeserved rematch isn't really called for.

There is no better contender than Gus, and saying there is shows a high level of (A) stupidity or (B) fear of ones favorite fighter losing to a guy who already hurt him very badly and (arguably) beat him the first time around.

There is no better contender than Gus, and saying there is shows a high level of (A) stupidity or (B) fear of ones favorite fighter losing to a guy who already hurt him very badly.
DC is absolutely a better contender; he was a top 5 HW and he didn't already lose to the champion. I'm fine with Gus eventually getting another shot, and if I were afraid for Jones I'd want him to avoid Cormier at all costs. Between Gus and DC Gus is the easy fight.

It wasn't a bad decision, but it could've gone either way and maybe should have been a draw.

That's unfinished business in my eyes. Settle the rivalry with Gus before Cormier gets his shot.

It wasn't a bad decision, but it could've gone either way and maybe should have been a draw.

That's unfinished business in my eyes. Settle the rivalry with Gus before Cormier gets his shot.

Exactly. Gus already earned his rematch by his performance in the Jones fight.

Jones fans don't like to acknowledge this, and by not acknowledging this they are indirectly marginalizing Jones.

DC is absolutely a better contender; he was a top 5 HW and he didn't already lose to the champion. I'm fine with Gus eventually getting another shot, and if I were afraid for Jones I'd want him to avoid Cormier at all costs. Between Gus and DC Gus is the easy fight.

Unfortunately this isn't the case. We haven't seen DC fight Jones yet, so we can't make bold statements like "Between Gus and DC Gus is the easy fight" because only one of them has fought Jones so far, and the one that did was incredibly competitive, hurt Jones very badly and put him in the hospital.

DC hasn't done this yet, and we can't pretend like we know he would. We have to go by evidence, and based on past performance Gus is the top contender and the fight that needs to happen.

There's no working around it, it is what it is.

Back