I told you guys before the fight that Reyes was a big threat to Jones but y'all ain't listen...

The competition isnt getting stiffer. Santos, Anthony Smith and Reyes arent anything special. The problem is Jones doesnt have his steroids so hes unimpressive and competitive with average guys. Not that complicated.
Anthony Smith posed absolutely no threat. Jon put on a clinic. I never watched the Santos fight so I can not give an honest criticism there. However I disagree about Reyes. He is a rare specimen at 205lbs.
Reyes is definitely a different level of opponent both in his physical attributes, athleticism and diversity of attack

Santos presented the best kicking game out of anyone Jones had ever fought. The first to expose hole on his game

Both guys presented a different stylistic threat than any Jones had ever faced prior and heavily emphasized what ive been saying for a while, that you arent beating Jones without a multi dimensional strategy.

Saying "they arent anything special" means you arent paying attention to what actually happened in those fights @Mixfight

Reyes is definitely a different level of opponent both in his physical attributes, athleticism and diversity of attack

Santos presented the best kicking game out of anyone Jones had ever fought. The first to expose hole on his game

Both guys presented a different stylistic threat than any Jones had ever faced prior and heavily emphasized what ive been saying for a while, that you arent beating Jones without a multi dimensional strategy.

Saying "they arent anything special" means you arent paying attention to what actually happened in those fights @Mixfight

i member your Dana is a legit pro boxer comments … i love you

haha.

48-47 48-47 49-46 That's all anyone will remember in the end so he wasn't that much of a threat if you look at the record books (assuming books still exist) in 20 or 30 years time.
True but youtube and the internet will

LOL at the people who're acting like Jones is a shell of himself.
You seriously think he wouldn't finish guys like Rampage and Shogun Rua if the Jones of 2020 fought them back then? LMAO

Reyes is just as good of a striker as anyone Jones has faced and he's a big, well rounded guy too. Any version of Jones would've had trouble with him.
This is all true

Jones is still all there but one thing noticeably declining is speed

Beyond boxing, kicking game, multiple dimensions of attack, footwork, angles, etc

Reyed speed, youth and athleticism were causing problems.

I think Jones is a touch past his absolute physical best, skills all still there, still an amazing fighter, best defense in the game but his speed, explosiveness and athleticism are a bit diminished compared with his younger years.

Reyes is a guy whos just hitting his overall physical and mental prime. This is the first time in his career that the youth of his opponent is actually a factor i feel

It wasnt too long ago Reyes went life and death with Ozdemir. Even got taken down by Ozdemir and arguably lost. If Jones went life and death with Ozdemir tomorrow in a 5 round close fight nobody would be saying how Ozdemir is some "new level" fighter because in reality hes not that good. This doesnt mean that Reyes sucks or will never be good but hes not THAT special. Its more about Jon Jones being unimpressive without steroids than Reyes being some kind of "new level" fighter or whatever that even means. Was Santos some new level fighter too???

i member your Dana is a legit pro boxer comments … i love you

haha.
I have never said Dana is a pro boxer

But that he was a skilled boxer with strong amateur level ability and by Titos own testimony was "almost" a pro boxer.

Very different

I have never said Dana is a pro boxer

But that he was a skilled boxer with strong amateur level ability and by Titos own testimony was "almost" a pro boxer.

Very different

"Anyone Can watch the footage of him training from back then

He was a decent boxer. Could show that footage to anyone I know with boxing iq and experience, they'd say the same thing. Just because he's Dana white doesn't make this any less true"

{<redford}

It wasnt too long ago Reyes went life and death with Ozdemir. Even got taken down by Ozdemir and arguably lost. If Jones went life and death with Ozdemir tomorrow in a 5 round close fight nobody would be saying how Ozdemir is some "new level" fighter because in reality hes not that good. This doesnt mean that Reyes sucks or will never be good but hes not THAT special. Its more about Jon Jones being unimpressive without steroids than Reyes being some kind of "new level" fighter or whatever that even means. Was Santos some new level fighter too???
Fighters evolve

We see the absolute best of fighters in their biggest fights

Reyes fighting the GOAT is enough to make anyone reach into their soul and tap into their full potential.

I wasnt super impressed by reyes then

I was here

His boxing was strong, his footwork and angles were strong, his kicking game was very strong, he was mixing it up, offered multiple dimensions of attack, was fast, athletic, wouldnt allow Jon to breath or find his rhythm.

A smart person judges the fight that just happened. Not a previous one where he was clearly underperforming as if its gospel, just to prove some weird biased narrative that you cant seem to let go of.

Reyes skillset, style and physical attributes offered a tougher test than any hed faced throughout his career.

Santos presented the best kicking game out of anyone Jones had faced in his entire career and was the first to expose a glaring hole on the feet.

Santos doing that also opened up the realization for every fighter watching that to beat Jones you need to challenge and not let him dictate the kicking game and offer multiple dimensions of attack. That you arent winning with just hands

Which is a strategy you seen Reyes Capitalize on as well.

Theres a lot your short sighted narrative isnt allowing you to see.

"Anyone Can watch the footage of him training from back then

He was a decent boxer. Could show that footage to anyone I know with boxing iq and experience, they'd say the same thing. Just because he's Dana white doesn't make this any less true"

{<redford}
Where exactly in this did i state he was a pro boxer?

Im pretty open that Dana was legit.

Go bother someone else, thanks.

Youre smarter than this

So you need to get off this shitty small minded analysis youve been spitting and actually think.

You obviously dont like jones and its blinding your ability to think clearly and consider every angle.

wheres the footage?
<DCWhoa>
Bad blood documentary. Available for anyone to see on fight pass

I see youve gone through another account since then and youre almost through this one.

No shocker there lol. Ive beat that topic to death bro. You dont need to hijack this thread with it

There's nothing worse than "I called it. I'm so smart."

<{clintugh}>

Go pay for fight pass and then watch

mr. Boxing expert

im poor & most of that shit is for free.

If i were Dana i would hire someone FBI guy to take these videos off --- lol.

drop Right Hand and left jab to the Body … hes the bigger and White Version of Floyd Mayweather.

He even understands distance and how to control, which means hes better than at least 90% of UFC rooster, cuz it is super rare.

{<redford}

mr. Boxing expert

im poor & most of that shit is for free.

If i were Dana i would hire someone FBI guy to take these videos off --- lol.

drop Right Hand and left jab to the Body … hes the bigger and White Version of Floyd Mayweather.

He even understands distance and how to control, which means hes better than at least 90% of UFC rooster, cuz it is super rare.

{<redford}
Talking to you hurts my brain

There's nothing worse than "I called it. I'm so smart."

<{clintugh}>
Actually there is plenty of things worse. Such as salty ass responses like yours.

Anyway if you read the OP you will see that this is not an "I told you so" thread.

Back