I told you guys before the fight that Reyes was a big threat to Jones but y'all ain't listen...

You said that about 9 other fights that you were wrong about. That's 10% accuracy. Not sure you wanna brag about it.

“HAHAHah I told you so!!!”

Thread title is in stark contrast with “an intelligent mma discussion” the post itself isn’t bad but you can’t be flexing like you are some mystic Mayan, when you put nothing on the line. By the way, A lot of people I talked to thought reyes was a threat.

But it’s you against the world, and yes you told us so. Are you a woman by any chance? Because you act like a bitch.
“HAHAHah I told you so!!!”

Thread title is in stark contrast with “an intelligent mma discussion” the post itself isn’t bad but you can’t be flexing like you are some mystic Mayan, when you put nothing on the line. By the way, A lot of people I talked to thought reyes was a threat.

But it’s you against the world, and yes you told us so. Are you a woman by any chance? Because you act like a bitch.
The problem with your "theory" is that this isn't an "I told you so" thread. This is ne reacting to the fight and doubling down on an opinion about Jon not being in the decline as much as people think.

I could very well be wrong but I don't believe that UFC 247 proved that, contrary to the popular opinion. Now please save your foolishness and name calling for the next thread. You obviously have nothing to contribute here.

Most "hardcore" fans are worse than casuals in that they can't recognize talent unless the person has a big name or big names on their record.

I think you're getting hardcore mma fans mixed up with the ocean of hardcore Conor OR Khabib type fans, which are not hardcore mma fans they are just obnoxiously loud about certain things. I started watching literally the day UFC started and any longtime hardcore fan knows how unpredictable this sport is and isn't locked into putting large amounts of stock into "legends" etc. That's just a stupid thing to say, plus you're on Sherdog where you'll find few real intelligent hardcore fans.

You want to see intelligent hardcore fans go visit something like mmajunkie's fantasy league forum and play over there. I played for probably 15 years in mma fantasy leagues and i'm #1 all time at Tapology pick wise (minimum 30,000 picks) and I still don't go around saying one guy will surely beat another when it comes to the top guys in the world competing. Hardcore fans can't recognize talent unless the person has a big name? That's literally the opposite as most hardcores watch tons of orgs and know almost all the fighters before they enter the UFC. What a stupid thing to say haha smh. You must have spent all your time on just Sherdog.

giphy.gif
My profile isn't set to private. You can easily find my last 2 threads.

I think you're getting hardcore mma fans mixed up with the ocean of hardcore Conor OR Khabib type fans, which are not hardcore mma fans they are just obnoxiously loud about certain things. I started watching literally the day UFC started and any longtime hardcore fan knows how unpredictable this sport is and isn't locked into putting large amounts of stock into "legends" etc. That's just a stupid thing to say, plus you're on Sherdog where you'll find few real intelligent hardcore fans.

You want to see intelligent hardcore fans go visit something like mmajunkie's fantasy league forum and play over there. I played for probably 15 years in mma fantasy leagues and i'm #1 all time at Tapology pick wise (minimum 30,000 picks) and I still don't go around saying one guy will surely beat another when it comes to the top guys in the world competing. Hardcore fans can't recognize talent unless the person has a big name? That's literally the opposite as most hardcores watch tons of orgs and know almost all the fighters before they enter the UFC. What a stupid thing to say haha smh. You must have spent all your time on just Sherdog.
Even before becoming a Sherdogger I would come across MMA fans with an "elitist" attitude that shit on people for being excited about new talent and suggesting that they could beat legends.

Why are you acting as if this is an attack on you or real hardcore fans??? It isn't. Trust me I know the difference. But you are right that I do come to Sherdog for most of my mma discussions.

Anthony Smith posed absolutely no threat. Jon put on a clinic. I never watched the Santos fight so I can not give an honest criticism there. However I disagree about Reyes. He is a rare specimen at 205lbs.

Reyes nearly lost to Volkan Nogroundgamemir. Hes good but there is no proof hes truly special. Rare specimen is a stretch lol

You're just not giving the steroids Jon Jones was taking enough credit.

Reyes nearly lost to Volkan Nogroundgamemir. Hes good but there is no proof hes truly special. Rare specimen is a stretch lol

You're just not giving the steroids Jon Jones was taking enough credit.
Maybe you are right. I'll admit I never caught the Volkan fight but I was very much impressed by his performance against OSP and to a lesser extent Chris Weidman.

Steroids or no steroids I never believed Jones to be a great striker. At least not what to what many believe. He is great all around but that is where he is somewhat lacking IMO.

I believe Rashad explains best early in this video. The change in Jon as a fighter.

I gotta hand it to you. I’m surprised that all the “I’ve got a feeling on this one” people haven’t been on here trumpeting their prescience.
Many were Jones fans so they are happy with the W but I knew he would have trouble before the fight and it was solidified when he lucked nervous as hell in the walk out

And the second was that Current Jones is more difficult to beat than younger Jones.
are you blind, serious question...

young Jones was finishing living legends and top fighters in devastating fashion.
Jones now lost to a MW and now to a young LHW, former football player...

But Reyes lost

It was 49 46 on one judge card
And the it here two scored it for Jones as well

Yes Reyes was always a threat big strong Light heavy weight with knockout Power

I knew it would be a good fight but the fact that Reyes had never fought 5 rounds made me me think Jones would win the fight as well as Jones experience and retaining his belt for a record number of times

Last edited:
Why did you post this? What happened to eating a cookie and shutting the fuck up?

LOL at the people who're acting like Jones is a shell of himself.
You seriously think he wouldn't finish guys like Rampage and Shogun Rua if the Jones of 2020 fought them back then? LMAO

Reyes is just as good of a striker as anyone Jones has faced and he's a big, well rounded guy too. Any version of Jones would've had trouble with him.

LOL at the people who're acting like Jones is a shell of himself.
You seriously think he wouldn't finish guys like Rampage and Shogun Rua if the Jones of 2020 fought them back then? LMAO

Reyes is just as good of a striker as anyone Jones has faced and he's a big, well rounded guy too. Any version of Jones would've had trouble with him.

bro you need two new eyes

his Speed alone made him look like a 500 lbs HW

Back