I told you guys before the fight that Reyes was a big threat to Jones but y'all ain't listen...

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I made two threads before UFC 247. First one stating that Reyes was more of a threat than DC. And the second was that Current Jones is more difficult to beat than younger Jones.

I still stand by both statements. It's only natural that Jones may have shown down a tad bit but I believe it's blown way out of proportion. His mental game has changed more than his physical and I truly believe that the competition is just getting stiffer and some fighters are more prepared to take on Jones and match his athleticism.

Most "hardcore" fans are worse than casuals in that they can't recognize talent unless the person has a big name or big names on their record. So it's hard for people to accept guys like Reyes matching a legend like Jones unless Jones has seriously regressed but I personally don't believe this to be the case. Reyes is that good. Listen to me, I won't steer you wrong.

I made two threads before UFC 247. First one stating that Reyes was more of a threat than DC. And the second was that Current Jones is more difficult to beat than younger Jones.

I still stand by both statements. It's only natural that Jones may have shown down a tad bit but I believe it's blown way out of proportion. His mental game has changed more than his physical and I truly believe that the competition is just getting stiffer and some fighters are more prepared to take on Jones and match his athleticism.

Most "hardcore" fans are worse than casuals in that they can't recognize talent unless the person has a big name or big names on their record. So it's hard for people to accept guys like Reyes matching a legend like Jones unless Jones has seriously regressed but I personally don't believe this to be the case. Reyes is that good. Listen to me, I won't steer you wrong.
I gotta hand it to you. I’m surprised that all the “I’ve got a feeling on this one” people haven’t been on here trumpeting their prescience.

Show us your bet slip?

Or were you not even confident enough in your own prediction?

Talk is cheap mate.

The competition isnt getting stiffer. Santos, Anthony Smith and Reyes arent anything special. The problem is Jones doesnt have his steroids so hes unimpressive and competitive with average guys. Not that complicated.

48-47 48-47 49-46 That's all anyone will remember in the end so he wasn't that much of a threat if you look at the record books (assuming books still exist) in 20 or 30 years time.

Half of the forum said so,you want a medal?

Show us your bet slip?

Or were you not even confident enough in your own prediction?

Talk is cheap mate.
Please take the foolishness elsewhere. I'm only looking to have intelligent MMA discussions anywhere. So if you have reading and comprehension problems please see your way to another thread.

The competition isnt getting stiffer. Santos, Anthony Smith and Reyes arent anything special. The problem is Jones doesnt have his steroids so hes unimpressive and competitive with average guys. Not that complicated.
Anthony Smith posed absolutely no threat. Jon put on a clinic. I never watched the Santos fight so I can not give an honest criticism there. However I disagree about Reyes. He is a rare specimen at 205lbs.

I'll admit I was wrong about Reyes... I picked Jones by decision and thought Reyes' only chance of winning was to knock Jones out in the early rounds, did not think a decision win was possible.

I still don't think he's THAT good though. He lost to Oezdemir IMO. Oezdemir is no joke himself, but elite LHWs don't lose to Oezdemir. Jones has declined significantly.

48-47 48-47 49-46 That's all anyone will remember in the end so he wasn't that much of a threat if you look at the record books (assuming books still exist) in 20 or 30 years time.
He is still a harder fight for Jon than DC was.

I was the first person in the world to break Sean O’Malleys failed drug test and was flamed for enlightening this hoard of dipshits. This forum is not a place for messiahs of knowledge

Please take the foolishness elsewhere. I'm only looking to have intelligent MMA discussions anywhere. So if you have reading and comprehension problems please see your way to another thread.

“HAHAHah I told you so!!!”

Thread title is in stark contrast with “an intelligent mma discussion” the post itself isn’t bad but you can’t be flexing like you are some mystic Mayan, when you put nothing on the line. By the way, A lot of people I talked to thought reyes was a threat.

But it’s you against the world, and yes you told us so. Are you a woman by any chance? Because you act like a bitch.

giphy.gif

I mean people were saying it would be an easy win for Jones and I brought up that people were saying that shit before the Santos fight and first Gus fight too. People can spew what ever nonsense they want and they suffer no repercussions, bunch or pussies imo. You can be confident in an outcome without saying "no chance" and discrediting every opponent

I’m not going to lie...

I didn’t think he had anything for Jones.

Back