I told everyone that mousasi put it on Lovato.... .

Franklin U.

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Like no other. Mousasi s title was basically stolen from him in London. Lovato was gifted Gegards title off " defensive grappling" for a couple of rounds. Raphael was not looking too good after MMA MIDDLEWEIGHT title fight - agsin MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. I knew something was up as this happened in June and nothing...not a peep since . Odd , no date ...no nothing for contracted re match.
I want to be delicate here cause I dont like seeing any mmartist claim that they might not fight again cause of possible head / brain trauma .Gegard was outside his skin after fight for more than one reason which, I , respectfully , wont get into. I wish the " undefeated " Lovato the best but the last of Mousasi's prime years are being wasted and now partly due to an injustice to begin with....in my Gods honest opinion.

I think Lovato jr. will announce retirement officially and soon. Coker needs to make 185 title asap ( as soon as this news comes to fruition). Mousasi vs . ? .

Machida fight wasnt close ( even though 1 judge thought so) and stats back it up. I wouldnt mind a 3rd fight cause my only criticism of Gegard was not going in for finish when he countered and sent Lyoto reeling on a handful of times.

A new face would be nice. I dont want to see Lima go up cause that super fight could happen later on .... but not too much later.

I know I'm embellishing the moment as per my title and opening sentence. I apologize for that and as I already stated- I hope Lovato ok and wish him best going forward.

Last edited:
Yeah, Lovato has got a brain issue just to avoid a Mousasi rematch.

Yeah, Lovato has got a brain issue just to avoid a Mousasi rematch.
I'm aware I'm embellishing the moment but Lovatos fights ( most of them) ended quick and didnt take much damage ...if any until Gegard fight. I'm sure Mousasi telling world hed " kill" Lovato inside cage and would retire if he didnt finish him didnt help matters.

I'm aware I'm embellishing the moment but Lovatos fights ( most of them) ended quick and didnt take much damage ...if any until Gegard fight. I'm sure Mousasi telling world hed " kill" Lovato inside cage and would retire if he didnt finish him didnt help matters.

Lovato doesn't strike me as a ducker. I'm sure he would have faced Gegard again had he been able to, he might well have lost but I'm sure he would have taken the fight.

Lovato doesn't strike me as a ducker. I'm sure he would have faced Gegard again had he been able to, he might well have lost but I'm sure he would have taken the fight.
Hed really have no choice due to contract and the nature of 1st fight. Lovato is an enormous middle ( rockhold size- maybe bigger) who's a 5th degree black belt and talented AF so I would hope he wouldnt be looking to avoid anyone.

Rafael fought hard just to be able to get this fight, literally the most complete opposite of ducking someone. He went in that fight with basically no fight camp, unhealthy mentally, no sleep, and a very Very fucked up leg. I’m a Lovato student and I teach at his academy in Oklahoma and I saw it first hand. I know you don’t see it that Lovato won, you’ve been extremely outspoken about that, accusing Rafael of avoiding fights with Moose when the reality is he’s seeing doctors all over the world to be able to fight him again even with it being dangerous to his health. Hopefully you have a new respect for the kind of champion he is and for the fact that he still put in a great performance that night even while operating probably below 50% of what he’s truly capable of. Had he been 100% healthy leading up to that fight he more than likely would’ve completely overwhelmed moose.

Franklin I agree with you on a lot of mousasi stuff cuz he is my favorite fighter too. But on this I don't think i can. Even though I thought moose won..

Lovatao was fucked up and still beat Mousasi. He doesnt have to stay at LHW and lose to Bader, he can go back to MW and fight someone, whoever and be champ again.

He lucked out.

Rafael fought hard just to be able to get this fight, literally the most complete opposite of ducking someone. He went in that fight with basically no fight camp, unhealthy mentally, no sleep, and a very Very fucked up leg. I’m a Lovato student and I teach at his academy in Oklahoma and I saw it first hand. I know you don’t see it that Lovato won, you’ve been extremely outspoken about that, accusing Rafael of avoiding fights with Moose when the reality is he’s seeing doctors all over the world to be able to fight him again even with it being dangerous to his health. Hopefully you have a new respect for the kind of champion he is and for the fact that he still put in a great performance that night even while operating probably below 50% of what he’s truly capable of. Had he been 100% healthy leading up to that fight he more than likely would’ve completely overwhelmed moose.
Somehow...somehow , I knew this would be turned into this. I'm talking pre fight. I dont know about everything after fight.I want to see dated documents of his health pre fight. Lol, anyone could say this. I'm not talking afterwards. That was the first time Lovato Jr. took significant damage in AN MMA FIGHT . I hope you can respect that , actually re watch fight and give an honest assessment. Mousasi flung his water bottle at fights end because he knew he was superior fighter and it took him 8 minutes to realize it , fought " apologetic " because of the size and length of 5th degree and knew the cards would be close ( especially cause Lovato hail Mary ed 5th round with the td on smaller man and held on for dear life with defensive grappling the whole way until the final 10 seconds or so where he, at least, connected with some innocuous hammer fists from behind. Again an mma fight. Effective grappling/ defensive grappling. Did the 5th degree even lock in any type of submission over the entire fight ? Damage......DAMAGE and I had mousasi 47-46 anyway ( gave 2nd to champ( moose) and deducted a pt for grabbing fence ). Lol , now were going to hear about 100% Lovato.

Never ends.Mousasi beat and made chop meat of Latifi s face on one leg.

Alot of moose fans thought he beat Mo. I didnt cause u cant win a fight when you're on your back for most of fight. He did do all the damage but lost the fight. He did out strike machida 66-35 in first fight ( fact ) but I had mousasi losing significant strike battle and 5th round- hence, had machida winning first fight. A very good fight which most fans cant understand cause they're sheep and just listen to commentary.

I bring this up cause I try to be honest in what I'm watching ( my admitted bias aside)

Like no other. Mousasi s title was basically stolen from him in London. Lovato was gifted Gegards title off " defensive grappling" for a couple of rounds. Raphael was not looking too good after MMA MIDDLEWEIGHT title fight - agsin MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. I knew something was up as this happened in June and nothing...not a peep since . Odd , no date ...no nothing for contracted re match.
I want to be delicate here cause I dont like seeing any mmartist claim that they might not fight again cause of possible head / brain trauma .Gegard was outside his skin after fight for more than one reason which, I , respectfully , wont get into. I wish the " undefeated " Lovato the best but the last of Mousasi's prime years are being wasted and now partly due to an injustice to begin with....in my Gods honest opinion.

I think Lovato jr. will announce retirement officially and soon. Coker needs to make 185 title asap ( as soon as this news comes to fruition). Mousasi vs . ? .

Machida fight wasnt close ( even though 1 judge thought so) and stats back it up. I wouldnt mind a 3rd fight cause my only criticism of Gegard was not going in for finish when he countered and sent Lyoto reeling on a handful of times.

A new face would be nice. I dont want to see Lima go up cause that super fight could happen later on .... but not too much later.

I know I'm embellishing the moment as per my title and opening sentence. I apologize for that and as I already stated- I hope Lovato ok and wish him best going forward.
Moose def did the most damage but he gassed and Lovato won the fight. Prob a smart move to retire and continue his bjj career

Moose def did the most damage but he gassed and Lovato won the fight. Prob a smart move to retire and continue his bjj career
Gas ? With all due respect, Mousasi swept the enormous Lovato in 3rd round and the damage began.The 3rd round was a 10-9 but that's where he REALLY hurt Lovato and it was towards end of round where bell saved Raphael. That's why 4th round was a clear 10-8. Lovato hadnt recovered and just circled until he got clobbered and then just flopped on back and invited moose in....ref intervened ....rinse and repeat the whole round. Right there, the fight is a draw at best. Mousasi is in tremendous shape- he didnt gas. The enormous Lovato with his 5th degree enormous limbs got the hail Mary td in 5th round ,had the smaller man in body triangle and Gegard couldnt escape BUT Lovato just , defensively, held on.

You're entitled to that / your opinion.

They discovered Lovato’s issue a month or so before the Mousasi fight.

Gas ? With all due respect, Mousasi swept the enormous Lovato in 3rd round and the damage began.The 3rd round was a 10-9 but that's where he REALLY hurt Lovato and it was towards end of round where bell saved Raphael. That's why 4th round was a clear 10-8. Lovato hadnt recovered and just circled until he got clobbered and then just flopped on back and invited moose in....ref intervened ....rinse and repeat the whole round. Right there, the fight is a draw at best. Mousasi is in tremendous shape- he didnt gas. The enormous Lovato with his 5th degree enormous limbs got the hail Mary td in 5th round ,had the smaller man in body triangle and Gegard couldnt escape BUT Lovato just , defensively, held on.

You're entitled to that / your opinion.
Maybe I need to rewatch it, but I remember thinking Gegard gassed really badly.

Huge Mousasi fan here, and Lovato won that fight pretty clearly I thought. Not that Moose was dominated or anything, because he wasn’t, but I wasn’t at all shocked at the judges’ decision.

Lol... Moose has some of the most insufferable fans. He's a great fighter and I respect him for that, but it's been proven that he will always get beat by the top guys. Your boy lost, now move on.

Lol... Moose has some of the most insufferable fans. He's a great fighter and I respect him for that, but it's been proven that he will always get beat by the top guys. Your boy lost, now move on.

that’s absolutely retarded. What should he lose to bad fighters.
mousasi hasn’t beat top guys?

the best of the best fighters will lose to the top guys except for 1 guy. Khabib.

that’s absolutely retarded. What should he lose to bad fighters.
mousasi hasn’t beat top guys?

the best of the best fighters will lose to the top guys except for 1 guy. Khabib.

I'm not saying he isn't a top 10 fighter, but he would often get touted as the best MW in the world around here and that just isn't true.

I'm not saying he isn't a top 10 fighter, but he would often get touted as the best MW in the world around here and that just isn't true.

he’s right up there. I’d favor him over Romero and Whitaker and costa. and adasanya would be a great fight. He has a better track record and fighting career than all of those guys.
those are all really great fights and he’s on the level as all of those guys.

he matches up really well with those guys. Imo

he’s right up there. I’d favor him over Romero and Whitaker and costa. and adasanya would be a great fight. He has a better track record and fighting career than all of those guys.
those are all really great fights and he’s on the level as all of those guys.

he matches up really well with those guys. Imo

He could definitely hang with those guys but he wasn't ever able to beat anybody in the top 5 when he was in the UFC. Weidman was ranked 6th at the time and it was kind of a weird stoppage. Regardless I think he would have eventually got him out of there though. Either way it sucks that he's in Bellator as all of the interesting fights for him are in the UFC.

Back