I thought Nate Diaz wasnt elite

19-11 is not elite.

Then again you know this and are trying to stir up shit.

Was Randy Couture not elite? BJ Penn? Vitor?

If you consistently fight the best and challenge for titles you're gonna have losses on your record.

Nate arguably has as many top wins as Khabib. He fights for the finish which is risky and costs him fights but he's always exciting.

Check his top wins:

Conor McGregor
Cowboy
Gray Maynard
Melvin Guillard
Jim Miller

VS Khabibs list of

Tibau
Michael Johnson
RDA
Barboza
Pat Healy

Despite Khabibs 26-0 record he hasn't fought that many top guys.

19-11 is not elite.

Then again you know this and are trying to stir up shit.

If you consistently fight the best and challenge for titles you're gonna have losses on your record.

Nate arguably has as many top wins as Khabib. He fights for the finish which is risky and costs him fights but he's always exciting.

Check his top wins:

Conor McGregor
Cowboy
Gray Maynard
Melvin Guillard
Jim Miller

VS Khabibs list of

Tibau
Michael Johnson
RDA
Barboza
Pat Healy

One of the few guys in the top 10 nate DOES have a shot against, is Poirier.

Dana said after Poirier beat Gaethje that he was right there for a title shot... I don't see any upside for him here unless there's a behind the scenes handshake that this secures him a TS.

Hes 19 11 . Hes not elite but he can compete with almost anybody at 55 amd a good chunk of 70
He is 19-11 but he also fought most of his career in the UFC, Nate didnt have time for padded record after going 5-2 he was in the UFC 14-9. He fought some of the best he lost but that doesnt take away his skillset, it would be like saying Paul Daley loses a lot nowadays that means he has no power, no the power is still there even if he loses. Only got finished twice, a flashko which would make any lesser man crumble on the floor flat and a sub loss to Franca which is no shame.

Sherdog told me this. why all of a sudden hyped he is fighting? I thought it was a humiliation Conor lost to him. Weird dynamics on this board

and why are people giving him a chance against the #1 contender Porier?

the reason I'd give him a great shot at beating pourier...is, the only times I have ever seen nate lose, are when guys combine wrestling with standup...take nate down....beating nate with pure standup is not easy...nate has some serious boxing skill...and if you only stand with him, it's going to be a tough night...

he becomes elite when they want him to be.

this fight is a joke.

Depends on who you ask. If you’re a Conor fan- Nate is elite because you need to feel better about Conor’s loss.

For the rest of us, he’a a 50-50 fighter with good hands, great submissions, and greater gas tank. A tough night out for anyone, but not champ material.
Yet he beat the “champ champ” twice....the logic here is unfathomable

Check his top wins:

Conor McGregor
Cowboy
Gray Maynard
Melvin Guillard
Jim Miller

VS Khabibs list of

Tibau
Michael Johnson
RDA
Barboza
Pat Healy

I agree with you. Face the top guys constantly and you will lose more.

Look at Dan Henderson.

32-15. If you look just at his record, he is just over a .50 fighter. However when you look at his losses and his wins:

Wins:

Lombard
Shogun
Fedor
Babalu
Bisping
Franklin
Palhares
Wanderlei Silva
Belfort
Bustamente
Ninja Rua
Big Nog
Carlos Newton..

etc.

And then his losses:

Anderson Silva
Daniel Cormier
Machida
Evans
Belfort
Mousasi
Shields
Rampage
Big Nog
Arona
Wanderlei Silva

Every guy on the lists above was at least top 10 when he fought them (and most were top 5). How many other natural 185 pounders have fought (win or lose) this many GOAT contenders? If Hendo had fought Jones (a fight they tried to put together, the infamous UFC 151), he would literally have fought every GOAT above WW.

I agree with you. Face the top guys constantly and you will lose more.

Look at Dan Henderson.

32-15. If you look just at his record, he is just over a .50 fighter. However when you look at his losses and his wins:

Wins:

Lombard
Shogun
Fedor
Babalu
Bisping
Franklin
Palhares
Wanderlei Silva
Belfort
Bustamente
Ninja Rua
Big Nog
Carlos Newton..

etc.

And then his losses:

Anderson Silva
Daniel Cormier
Machida
Evans
Belfort
Mousasi
Shields
Rampage
Big Nog
Arona
Wanderlei Silva

Every guy on the lists above was at least top 10 when he fought them (and most were top 5). How many other natural 185 pounders have fought (win or lose) this many GOAT contenders? If Hendo had fought Jones (a fight they tried to put together, the infamous UFC 151), he would literally have fought every GOAT above WW.

A lot of those loss's were when he was past it though that's the difference.

Mark hunt must suck then
Nope.

He is a solid, durable top HW throughout most of his career but not elite. He was always going to lose the top elite few outside the odd upset that he always poses.

This match up is meh Id rather Nate vs Tony more fun fight ,Idk why people sleep on Dustin he's a scrappy dude decent all around game vs Nate who has'nt fought in years

Nope.

He is a solid, durable top HW throughout most of his career but not elite. He was always going to lose the top elite few outside the odd upset that he always poses.
Well, 'elite' is subjective I suppose. I see the top ten in the entire world as pretty elite

Well, 'elite' is subjective I suppose. I see the top ten in the entire world as pretty elite
Ya. the definition is very subjective so I would not argue with yours, for you.

For me its typically the top 2-3 in a division as we have seen, with MMA still being a young sport that there can be a massive gulf between the top 2-3 guys and the bottom 5 of the top 10 in terms of being a true belt threat and consistently at the top.

Depende De what your cutoff point is. I'd say perennial fringe top 5 is definitely elite.

Back