I thought Nate Diaz wasnt elite

They said he was a bum when Conor beat him and that Poirier would batter Conor in a rematch.
Yet in the latest poll they have Nate beating Dustin.
They make it up as they go along.
Who is THEY?

If you made it to the UFC you are elite, the minority makes it to the UFC and even smaller group gets into the rankings but if you ask certain people there can only be 1 or 2 elite fighters in a division.

Sherdog told me this. why all of a sudden hyped he is fighting? I thought it was a humiliation Conor lost to him. Weird dynamics on this board

and why are people giving him a chance against the #1 contender Porier?
he is a known name, who got a good following for how he is.
Nowhere you would hear he is elite, if not for COnor nutsuckers who want to make that (majority) decision win on a different weight class look like it mattered for Conor getting that LW title shot.

If you made it to the UFC you are elite.
You sure about that, buddeh?

punk.jpg

Sherdog told me this. why all of a sudden hyped he is fighting? I thought it was a humiliation Conor lost to him. Weird dynamics on this board

and why are people giving him a chance against the #1 contender Porier?
Holy shit, you are dumb.

DJ is elite and almost no one outside of hardcores get hyped for him.
Diaz and Brock aren't elite and almost everyone gets hyped when they're on a card.
Elite and hype aren't synonymous.

You mean nate is a better boxer/stand up fighter than him with cardio?

Nate is a better pure boxer than Eddie, Gaethje or even Conor.
Dustin struggle with Jim Miller last year.
I once saw Dustin live, and he got rocked by fck Akira Corassani

Dustin Poirier got a lot better recently, I just don't think he can just run thru Nate.

Could be wrong tho.

"Depends on who you ask.
If you’re a Conor fan- Nate is elite because you need to feel better about Conor’s loss."

wenDMsv.png

He's not.

Bad Stylistic match-up for Dustin imo.

WME matchmaking again...

Dustin Vs Ferg was a better fight tbh.

If he beats Dustin he is elite. You can't use style as an excuse. You don't have to be the champ to be elite. Top 5 is elite. Argument can be made he is top 5 at LW.

Depends on who you ask. If you’re a Conor fan- Nate is elite because you need to feel better about Conor’s loss.

For the rest of us, he’a a 50-50 fighter with good hands, great submissions, and greater gas tank. A tough night out for anyone, but not champ material.

Interesting.

Define 'elite' Cos I would agree with your assessment that with the right style match up, Diaz is a tough fight for a predominantly striker based fighter. Don't recall many folk saying he was elite, more that he was a 50-50 fighter like Alvarez said.

Going to be a great match. Anyone that bitches about this fight is a fool.

The two of them are going to stand in the middle of the ring and try to punch each other's faces in.

I'm a big Nate fan and I think this fight will go a lot like Nate's fight with Cerrone or Michael Johnson (who KO'd Poirier). Nate's chin is granite and his cardio is endless.

Poirier may hit hard but Nate ate shots from McGregor that would have KO'd anyone else in the division.

He's not elite, but styles make matchups.

people think he's entertaining that has nothing to do with being elite

Hes 19 11 . Hes not elite but he can compete with almost anybody at 55 amd a good chunk of 70

Back