"I thought it was strange how Cyborg was turning all these fights down. Not so strange anymore"-Dana

You make it sound like the UFC bent over backwards to create a division for her and then signed a bunch of women for it. No, not at all. The UFC gave her two random fights. Then tried to strong arm her into fighting on a 8 week notice and when she wanted a few more extra weeks, they let someone else fight for the title.
If they were trying to make her a star, they would have waited a few more weeks to make Holm vs Cris happen. It doesn't add up with "Trying to make her a star"

They DID bend over backwards to make a division for Cyborg. The whole division, at present, consists of only her and two women previously in the UFC as bantamweights. That is it, as far as I know, for the time being. And as Cyborg is the only one of those three women who can't make 135 lbs, I think it is safe to say that the UFC created the division specifically with her in mind. And I think it is also safe to say that they are hoping she will be like Rousey in terms of bringing star status to the division (by virtue of being unbeatable).

I just want to thank Dana,USADA,and the sherdog mods for doing a stellar job here today.

JonesRampage_faceoff.gif

That was a bit weird even for Dana.

He has 30 minutes knowledge of her being flagged and happy to make all sorts of insinuations. He'll look like a complete twunt if it turns out she is in the clear.

She isn't. When has anyone been flagged and then suddenly just emerged "in the clear?"

Go on and dispute my claim, big boy. Typing Lol every other thread on Sherdog surely gets old.

Lol
Can you not see the absurdity now of the wanting more weeks excuse after failing a drug test??? Seriously?

She had already been months out from her last fight and was given 8-10 weeks lead time. They fuckin asked her. Clearly wanted her. She turned it down and pissed hot.

They DID bend over backwards to make a division for Cyborg. The whole division, at present, consists of only her and two women previously in the UFC as bantamweights. That is it, as far as I know, for the time being. And as Cyborg is the only one of those three women who can't make 135 lbs, I think it is safe to say that the UFC created the division specifically with her in mind. And I think it is also safe to say that they are hoping she will be like Rousey in terms of bringing star status to the division (by virtue of being unbeatable).

So two catch weight fights, one being Lesie Smith who was already in the UFC and one other opponent they signed for her, is bending over backwards. She was so critical for the 145 lb division so they will have Holly fight someone else for the title cause they didn't want to wait a few more weeks. It's not a very convincing argument my man.

Hahahahahahaha called it.

Hahahahahahaha called it.
That's right, it was you.

I remembered that you said it was a possibility in some thread but couldn't remember which one.

Nice one!

Can you not see the absurdity now of the wanting more weeks excuse after failing a drug test??? Seriously?

She had already been months out from her last fight and was given 8-10 weeks lead time. They fuckin asked her. Clearly wanted her. She turned it down and pissed hot.

The UFC giving her a few more weeks instead of not letting her fight for the title and her popping hot as of Dec 22 are two completely different topics. Are you able to comprehend this? The topic isn't "Why Cyborg didn't want to fight in 8 weeks...because of drugs", My argument is "Why the UFC didn't want to give her a few more weeks if she was an integral part of the division" as the guy quoted me said.

So two catch weight fights, one being Lesie Smith who was already in the UFC and one other opponent they signed for her, is bending over backwards. She was so critical for the 145 lb division so they will have Holly fight someone else for the title cause they didn't want to wait a few more weeks. It's not a very convincing argument my man.

Who else have they given nothing but division-less UFC fights to? Or paid money to headline on another promotion (Invicta FC)? That shows they WERE bending over backward to give her something to do and to build her up.

Refusing to fight, after all of that, may have led the UFC to want to put her in her place a bit. They've done that to Conor, even. It's not like fighting the division's second fight, instead of the first, would lessen her ability to be "the baddest woman on earth" (as they probably hope to promote her as being).

That's right, it was you.

I remembered that you said it was a possibility in some thread but couldn't remember which one.

Nice one!

It is kinda sad because she has enough talent to be great without cheating.

Her and Vitor are imo the biggest cheats in the sport.

The UFC giving her a few more weeks instead of not letting her fight for the title and her popping hot as of Dec 22 are two completely different topics. Are you able to comprehend this? The topic isn't "Why Cyborg didn't want to fight in 8 weeks...because of drugs", My argument is "Why the UFC didn't want to give her a few more weeks if she was an integral part of the division" as the guy quoted me said.

Because she didn't need a few more weeks. Except to cycle her steroids.

It was bizarre she turned it down. We know why now.

They wanted a headline fight for cards. She didn't want it.

Who else have they given nothing but division-less fights to? Or paid money to fight on another promotion (Invicta FC)? That shows they WERE bending over backward to give her something to do.

Refusing to fight, after all of that, may have led the UFC to want to put her in her place a bit. They've done that to Conor, even. It's not like fighting the division's second fight, instead of the first, would lessen her ability to be "the baddest woman on earth" (as they probably hope to promote her as being).

How much effort did it take for them to make a fight with Lesie Smith and Lina Länsberg? If you are telling me it's a lot, then I am calling you a liar. They probably spent more time and resources trying to find CMPunk a fight.

Like I said before; If Cyborg was such an integral part of the 145lb division, they would have waited a few more weeks instead of having Holly Holms fight someone else. I don't believe your assessment is strong as you think it is.

Because she didn't need a few more weeks. Except to cycle her steroids.

It was bizarre she turned it down. We know why now.

They wanted a headline fight for cards. She didn't want it.

I am honestly not sure if you are playing dumb on purpose. I am serious. I think I am wasting my time at this point if you aren't willing to read.

I am sorry man, but I tried.

It is kinda sad because she has enough talent to be great without cheating.

Her and Vitor are imo the biggest cheats in the sport.
And I don't like either of them.

I like Overeem, though, so I don't think it's the PEDs.

Wait. Do I have a black thing? No, no, it's a Dutch thing.

How much effort did it take for them to make a fight with Lesie Smith and Lina Länsberg? If you are telling me it's a lot, then I am calling you a liar. They probably spent more time and resources trying to find CMPunk a fight.

Like I said before; If Cyborg was such an integral part of the 145lb division, they would have waited a few more weeks instead of having Holly Holms fight someone else. I don't believe your assessment is strong as you think it is.
Uh, I don't have a dog in this fight but they spent a fuckload of resources looking for CM Punk's opponent.

That's one of those statements that sounds a lot like when people idiotically say 'I COULD care less'. Basically meaningless.

You know what is bullshit is that if she would of stopped doing roids so much she could of made the weight. I mean think she stop to get the biggest pay day ever even if she lost the fight.

Uh, I don't have a dog in this fight but they spent a fuckload of resources looking for CM Punk's opponent.

That's one of those statements that sounds a lot like when people idiotically say 'I COULD care less'. Basically meaningless.

It's all good man.

I am sure they did spend a lot of time and resources on CmPunk. My point is that I doubt they spent even a fraction of that on Cyborg and her opponents.

I am honestly not sure if you are playing dumb on purpose. I am serious. I think I am wasting my time at this point if you aren't willing to read.

I am sorry man, but I tried.
Let me ask you - if cyborg wasn't important to their 145 plans why did they offer her multiple options for their inaugural title fight? And why couldn't she accept?

Back