"I thought he was making us both look dumb because he was so bad at speaking" Cruz on Garbrandt

"What you get is me trying to talk and these other people screaming absurd things over top of me and it kills the interview. It's a spineless, gutless and sad approach that's very weak."

Cruz sounds frustrated that other fighters won't engage him in trash talking the way HE wants them to.

What does he expect a civil discussion, where they respect each other's turn to speak and make clear and concise points, all while trashing one another in the build up to their inevitable fistfight??

giphy.gif

Lol give me a break.

Cody looked pretty hopeless in the exchanges. I felt bad for him, to an extent, until he started talking over Dom so he couldn't belittle him further. It kinda makes you question his mental game. Believe me I will accept i'm wrong if Cody beats him but I think he'll wilt out of frustration in the 2nd round and just go headhunting while being picked apart for 5 rounds.
I agree with this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Cruz is much smarter than Cody in and out of the cage!

Cody is dumb as fuck lol, he looked like a retarded kid shooting out nonsense in that exchange.

Dominick Cruz is a MMA savant. He can watch film on a guy and do the best dissection of their skills and weaknesses instantly. It's amazing

Needs to cool it with the dumb comments though. Have you heard Cruz speak on.a non MMA topic? Let's just say he's not the sharpest tool in the shed

Cruz is absolutely underrated as a trash talker. He takes up all your weaknesses and make you look stupid.
I think Cruz is probably better at getting under someone's skin than anyone in MMA. The guy just knows how to make his opponents hate the fuck out of him.
Have you heard Cruz speak on.a non MMA topic? Let's just say he's not the sharpest tool in the shed
Might be true, but he gets paid to fight, not work in the academic sector, so...

People, they argued over who had the best tie. Nobody won that argument.

Cruz is lucky he was able to side step that Dillashaw rematch.

Cruz: Cody is dumb and stoopid

Sherdog : Omg so underrated at trash talk!

Cruz is better than Conor, just less flamboyant.

Conor uses canned/rehearsed lines, while Cruz volleys insults like a boss.

Conor is a comical character, somewhat exaggerated and over the top. Cruz is more precise and mean-spirited when he talks trash. I could see people liking Conor behind the scenes, but I could not imagine Cruz's opponents liking him at all. Cruz's personality is not an act, he is intensely competitive and feels like he has to have real animosity to drive him to be his best.

I mean, he tried so hard to squash the beef with Faber, and it seemed impossible for him. Then he went right back to shitting on Faber the very next day. He can't help it, he's just too competitive to chill out.

Don't argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who

Cruz's trash talk is so smug and personal. I shouldn't enjoy it but damn can he roast a guy

Back