I thought Cruz got humiliated hard

that isn't what matters. Effective striking, grappling, aggresion, and octagon control. Little kicks off your back foot and feeler taps don't win fights like this when Cody was tuning him up.

Cruz did more damage with legal strikes.
Cody got a couple knockdowns, and cut him with a headbutt (at least according to Rogan, I'm not convinced).
Dancing near the cage and laying down out of range isn't aggression or octagon control.

Cody got a couple knockdowns, and cut him with a headbutt (at least according to Rogan, I'm not convinced).
Dancing near the cage and laying down out of range isn't aggression or octagon control.
So you thought Cruz won?

Give those 2 rounds to Garbrant, it's still 3-2 Cruz.
The takedown in Rd 1 make a difference on the scorecards. without the takedown, it could've been a toss up round.. I had Cruz in that round, but the takedown is what I believe got Cody that round.

Cruz was humiliated almost as bad as Conor was when he tapped like a chicken against Diaz

lol give up dude, Cruz got tagged, dropped multiple times. We didn't even have to wait for the decision to know who won the fight.

Cody out performed in striking, TDD, wrestling and every aspect of the game.

Give those 2 rounds to Garbrant, it's still 3-2 Cruz.

But this is why numbers alone never tell the whole story. Cruz landed a couple of good blows but for the most part he was just poking at Cody and never did any damage. Garbrant was never even in danger. It was pretty clear who was controlling and winning that fight - even without the knockdowns it's a clear decision for Garbrandt. And with the knockdowns, a split in Cody's favor would be an outrage, because that amounts to a pretty clear ass beating.

Nope. Cruz won 5 but not 1. Cody outstruk him and took him down in 1

O RLY?

Significant strikes 20 - 12 Cruz
Head Strilkes 9-5 Cruz
Body Strikes 4-3 Cruz
Leg Strikes 7-4 Cruz
Strikes from distance 20-11

The takedown in Rd 1 make a difference on the scorecards. without the takedown, it could've been a toss up round.. I had Cruz in that round, but the takedown is what I believe got Cody that round.

Am I wrong? Didn't Cody get taken down first and was able to pop back up?

that isn't what matters. Effective striking, grappling, aggresion, and octagon control. Little kicks off your back foot and feeler taps don't win fights like this when Cody was tuning him up.

Unless your name is bisping and you are getting your ass beat by hendo...

It's very odd Cody didn't try to finish Cruz in round 5, or even go after him at all. I guess he didn't want to hurt him, or maybe his hand was broken?

Dude hasnt been the same since he came back

But this is why numbers alone never tell the whole story. Cruz landed a couple of good blows but for the most part he was just poking at Cody and never did any damage. Garbrant was never even in danger. It was pretty clear who was controlling and winning that fight - even without the knockdowns it's a clear decision for Garbrandt. And with the knockdowns, a split in Cody's favor would be an outrage, because that amounts to a pretty clear ass beating.

Cruz drew blood from Cody with legal strikes, Cody not so much...

Instead of making Cody whiff air, Cody Anderson'd Cruz with his head movement. On top of that, Cody knocked him down a bunch and just pointed at him. That was very embarrassing after all the trashtalk and I wonder how Cruz will handle the press if they rematch.

O RLY?

Significant strikes 20 - 12 Cruz
Head Strilkes 9-5 Cruz
Body Strikes 4-3 Cruz
Leg Strikes 7-4 Cruz
Strikes from distance 20-11

Am I wrong? Didn't Cody get taken down first and was able to pop back up?
Cruz didn't get a takedown.

Back