I Think We're More Likely to See Woodley vs. Usman at UFC 233. Covington Won't Fight.

Didn't Colby posted him signing the contract some time ago, saying as was left was for Woodley to sign it?

I remember seeing something like this on Sherdog.

Also. Cody better not pass up this opportunity... in the UFC title shots are not guaranteed. Ask Ferguson.

Yep, after seeing T-Ferg he would be crazy to turn away a title fight. Colby is pretty one dimension though (not an insult I love Askren) so given the right opponents its pretty hard to lose as an agressive grindy wrestler.

Colby acting like a nerd virgin right now.

Colby aint tryin to fight Woodley. Kids a joke.

I’ve been saying it but Colby wants nothing to do with this fight. Not surprised at all. Usman is a better fight anyway.

No one cares about Colby. No one cares about Usman either but at least he’s not retarded.

How do you defend this, Colbybois?

Everyone’s always putting out these ridiculous conspiracy theories. Colby is a professional MMA fighter. I guarantee it’s his dream to fight for the belt and win. Ppl love to project there fear and incompetence onto other ppl.

Am I missing something? When did Colby come out and say he can't fight in UFC233 because of injury?

Dont know where this is all coming from? Colby got offered the fight and accepted but Woodley turned it down because he has not recovered from hand surgery yet

It's becoming pretty clear Colby Covington has no intention of fighting Tyron Woodley at UFC 233. It was already stated by Dana at the Usman/RDA Press Conference that he wants to see Usman fight Woodley next. When he was asked about Covington's promised shot he said something to the effect of "Nothing in life is promised".

Obvious negotiating tactic to pressure Covington into signing. He's claiming a hand injury. It was previous a nose injury that resulted in the UFC booking Woodley vs. Till at UFC 228. What makes anyone think the UFC would hold off on booking Woodley vs. another contender when they've already done it once before when Covington wouldn't sign on the dotted line?

Usman said on Ariel's show Monday morning that he's ready and willing to fight Woodley at UFC 233 if the UFC gives him the call. It's become pretty clear that Colby isn't going to sign the contract. We're probably going to be getting Woodley vs. Usman when it comes down to it.
Can you post a link to Colby claiming to have a hand injury? I thought that was Woodley with the hand injury

Doesn’t make sense for Colby when he was just on a podcast saying he is 100% healthy yesterday. Now today he can’t fight? The interm title is a joke that should never be offered again. Outrageous mess they created. Means the belt is worthless.

I want to see Usman beat up Colby Cheese more then Woodley. Woodley only fights to make a name to be a rapper and celebrity, while Usman is a real fighter. Usman can brawl and make Colby Cheese run for his life while Woodley might just avoid strikes for 24 :50 sec and in the 10 sec can KO or hit Colby once.

Then cut both of them-Woodley and Colby. Both stupid fighters

Colby is an asswipe.

If he ever signs up to fight he's getting broke.

How so? This is the second time they've tried to book Woodley vs. Covington and the second time Colby has claimed injury.

woodley who has a hand injury not colby. where do you get your news from ?

It's becoming pretty clear Colby Covington has no intention of fighting Tyron Woodley at UFC 233. It was already stated by Dana at the Usman/RDA Press Conference that he wants to see Usman fight Woodley next. When he was asked about Covington's promised shot he said something to the effect of "Nothing in life is promised".

Obvious negotiating tactic to pressure Covington into signing. He's claiming a hand injury. It was previous a nose injury that resulted in the UFC booking Woodley vs. Till at UFC 228. What makes anyone think the UFC would hold off on booking Woodley vs. another contender when they've already done it once before when Covington wouldn't sign on the dotted line?

Usman said on Ariel's show Monday morning that he's ready and willing to fight Woodley at UFC 233 if the UFC gives him the call. It's become pretty clear that Colby isn't going to sign the contract. We're probably going to be getting Woodley vs. Usman when it comes down to it.

way tougher fight for Tyron imo, so I'd rather see this honestly.

Back