I think Vick cuts way too much weight to make 155.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dude is 6'3. Even at 170 he would still be huge. But yeah you can only rehydrate so much in 24 hours. I doubt Vick was hydrated enough for gateje. So he hit a nice dehydrated brain and lights out. Hence why Vick was so messed up afterwards. The punch wasn't even that devastating. Fight in your proper weight class dummy. .

He didn't look fully hydrated. I don't think he will fight again at 155.

He looked like he was about to die on Friday. I have no idea why somebody that is 6 foot fucking 3 would cut down to 155 pounds. If he continues to fight at light weight, he's clearly just trying to gain some sort of size advantage. Needs to go to WW or else he'll keep getting cracked and KO'd.

Dude is 6'3. Even at 170 he would still be huge. But yeah you can only rehydrate so much in 24 hours. I doubt Vick was hydrated enough for gateje. So he hit a nice dehydrated brain and lights out. Hence why Vick was so messed up afterwards. The punch wasn't even that devastating. Fight in your proper weight class dummy. .
Sucks... He would have won if he hadn't of lost

He lost that fight before he even stepped into the cage

He lost that fight by insulting Homer Simpson. Homer is a fight god that would have been a world champ if not for a medical condition. Karma.

i totally agree.

weight cutting has gone overboard, and i dont feel sorry one iota for fighters like Vick who have a career altering result because of it.

imagine your whole training camp is about weight cutting and diet while the other guy is working techniques and strategy and getting sharp physically and mentally. All while your waging a 2 month war with the scale.

He looked like he was about to die on Friday. I have no idea why somebody that is 6 foot fucking 3 would cut down to 155 pounds. If he continues to fight at light weight, he's clearly just trying to gain some sort of size advantage. Needs to go to WW or else he'll keep getting cracked and KO'd.
20140103092432_mh_vs_wc_3.JPG

6'4 at 145

On one hand I feel it's cowardly to not fight guys your own size and to drain for an advantage...on the other hand, small HWs go down so they don't face big guys and it trickles down to every division, so if Vick went up he would just be fighting a bunch of guys that should move up a weight class themselves

Never heard of this guy so I googled. What an asshat

Yup.

Reminds me of what Dan Hooker said after his fight with Gilbert Burns. (Paraphrasing) "He cuts too much weight. Those shots shouldn't be knocking you down."

There's plenty of evidence of guys going up a class and doing a lot better. Whittaker, Hooker, Poirier, Rumble etc etc etc.

Guys like Vick, Till, etc are prime candidates. I think Till sat MW would be a fucking monster. I could see Vick doing really well at WW.

More guys will move up eventually... If they're smart that is.

20140103092432_mh_vs_wc_3.JPG

6'4 at 145

That's literally insane.

I'm 6'0 and on the skinny side. Even trying to imagine what my body would look like at 145 lbs is almost comical. I'd have to lose almost 30 lbs off my frame.

Do these guys not have bones or internal organs or some shit? How is that even physically possible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back