I think tony has a size problem

That's what happens when you're not as good as of a fighter that Sherdog percieves you to be.

And hasn't won shit.

It's too bad Khabib didn't keep fighting until he was old, or a Tony fan could be saying the same exact thing when he started losing.

Nothing funny about it though. If you are on a winning streak, you are doing something right, or at least more right than wrong. If you are on a losing streak you are doing something wrong, or at least more wrong than right.

Yeah but in most cases (including this one) people point out shit that was there during the winning streaks.

Yeah but in most cases (including this one) people point out shit that was there during the winning streaks.

Sure, but it's normal to emphasize what is working when things are working and what is wrong when things aren't working.

Also, people pointing out problems with Tony during his win streak. I remember plenty of people pointing out that he was relying on his chin, toughness, and durability to outlast his opponents instead of using good defensive technique. And that was true then, and a big part of his problems now.

All that aside, Tony Ferguson's real problem is age. And that isn't really something athletes can fix.

I think Tony has become too old, Same as Joe Benavediz for me, too old, Tony has aged really badly the last few years, and his style is so intense and fast paced, its for a younger guy that style. I don't believe his reflexes have been as quick the last few fights, he looks slower to me

Now I know you will say well Dariush is 2 years older, BUT here's the thing.. he does not have that super intense energy style at all. Dariush is very flat footed and quite ploddy, he just throws the basics, not loads of spinning attacks or high energy stuff like Tony.. thats much better for a young guy

Funny how MMA works, you're on a win streak and you can do no wrong, you lose a few in a row and everyone's suddenly an expert on whats wrong with you
Tony didn't just lose a few in a row; he was completely dominated, beaten up, and outclassed in every way by wide margins for three fights in a row. His defense consisted of "really good chin" and not much else - 28% striking defense against Gaethje and no power on his own strikes, and 24 out of 30 minutes getting beaten up on his back in the next two fights. Tony has shown no striking defense, no striking power, and a complete inability to get up once he's taken down in his last few fights.

In this case, everyone really does know what's wrong with Tony.

His style of training has aged the fuck out of him. He's the oldest 37 year old on the planet

Most people believe Tony is 1 of the biggest LWs, its funny when he's on a losing streak that all of a sudden its because he's too small for 155. It has more to do with total accumulated damage thru the course of his career along with being very old for LW (at the lighter weight classes, old guys past their prime faster than at LHW & HW).

No wonder he needs to get some better tdd, but what really shocks me in his last fights is how much weaker he looks than his oponents, tony is maybe 5'11 and he's built like max holloway, he shouod put some pounds on he looks way skinnier than the current top 10View attachment 871886

Same issue Condit had. They need to go up in weight class. All fights they lost they were overpowered and manhandled usually.

But people who dont know anything wont admit this.

I feel sorry for Tony.
He made wrong decisions in his career.
He should also have joined a real gym instead of training himself.
He is older now and the technique is not there. He relied to much on his condition and durability.

He is in a bad spot right now.
He will loose his next fight.
He should be fighting bigger names.
If he wants to make his last money he should call out Nate Diaz.
He shouldn't go fight Hooker or lower ranked guys.
His focus should be on money fights. He will loose to all those lower ranked guys.
He should call out Nate Diaz at 170.
That's the only move he should make.

I used to feel sorry for him but he's too much of an ungrateful, disrespectful delusional prick. I don't have any dislike towards him tbh.

Did anyone watch gaethje fight omg he took lot damage that fight

He drop gaethje too it just was not hit night omg he off prime but still good he won't get belt has change weight class if want maybe

Don't let his frame fool you Tony ain't small. He's lean but he is on the heavier end of 155

How big is Tony ts? Once we know we can compare to the National average and finally then we can make a decision whether or not he truly has a side problem.

Tony is a good sized LW. His problem is he never had the best fundamentals and relied on physical attributes like toughness, cardio and unorthodox techniques. He has declined physically and those attributes are lesser than they were and can't win him fights as much as they used to.

I would like that to.
But I think he will loose to all top 15 fighters. I don't think that but I'm 100% sure.
It's smarter for him to get a higher name.
He should take a match where he is the underdog.
If he looses against a guy who has no name his career is done and didn't take maximum money on his way out.
He should forget about being at the top again.

I think anyone ranked 11-15 he has a chance of beating. Tony has been beaten up by the current Lightweight elite but they have been against some of the best in the division that would also be expected to easily beat 11-15.

I don't see Tony quitting easily as fighting for him is as much a way of life as a living.

He wasn't fighting wrestlers besides lee, and he didn't look strong in that fight too, don't get me wrong his tdd needs to improve but some more pounds woudn't hurt, there is one weigh in where he doesn't even takes his jeans pants off

"Jean pants". Lol

Tony has an age problem.

It's not that hard to see why he's regressed. Age + a lot of accumulated damage over his career + wear and tear from his insane training.
His hand speed is just too slow to really compete with basically anybody right now. I can’t even think of a matchup he’s doing be favored in with anyone

I feel sorry for Tony.
He made wrong decisions in his career.
He should also have joined a real gym instead of training himself.
He is older now and the technique is not there. He relied to much on his condition and durability.

He is in a bad spot right now.
He will loose his next fight.
He should be fighting bigger names.
If he wants to make his last money he should call out Nate Diaz.
He shouldn't go fight Hooker or lower ranked guys.
His focus should be on money fights. He will loose to all those lower ranked guys.
He should call out Nate Diaz at 170.
That's the only move he should make.

i disagree. tony fought at the highest level and was one of the best fighters in the freaking world and did it by training himself and doing things in unique ways.

that is more admirable to me than 10 other guys who do what everyone else is doing.

Wear and tear don't care if you're skinny, fat, or muscular, it's going to wear you down and tear up.

Tony is a 200lbs LW. His size it just fine. The guy is actually super strong too. He just got old.. We all get old..

Back