I think Tony Ferguson would beat both Khabib and Conor

The Blob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
....The real question is, will he ever get that opportunity?

I expect Khabib to beat Conor, and Tony to beat Pettis, and the winners to fight each other. Conor will probably fight Diaz and Mayweather again then retire.

I think Tony is the better striker than Khabib, and also has superior cardio as well as being more battle tested. He will slice Khabib up with elbows off his back and force him to work, and then outclass him standing. Tony's mix of slick grappling and awkward striking combos will grind Conor down and force him to break under the pressure. Conor admittedly struggles with guys who are longer than him, as he himself is someone who uses his reach advantage very well; Tony has a longer reach than Conor and is also 2 inches taller.

Conor is dangerous early and Tony is a slow starter, but Tony has an excellent chin and unmatched recovery, so the chances of a 1st round KO are unlikely. Also, nobody is mentally tougher than him and thrives under adversity quite like he does, which should be a glaring advantage against his two adversaries.

Just my two cents on the future of the Lightweight division, the most stacked weight class in the UFC.

I've always thought a prime Tony would wear down Conor and beat him. He's a bit better in striking than Khabib and still has a good ground game. Plus he has a reach advantage on Conor.

if he would only learn how to walk, maybe we could find out.

As long as tony comes back 100% after the injury he will be able to make it to the belt.

Tony's awkward striking might give Conor problems. His cardio is much better than Conor's.

It’s okay TS you know you’re right, I know you’re right but sadly Tony will never get the opportunities to prove us right so you’re just gonna have to take the abuse coming your way.

I hate Conor as much as anyone here, but i dont see how anyone can think that Ferguson would beat him. Hes way too sloppy and gets hit way too often

Tony might be able to beat Khabib, but he would get blasted by Conor

Couldn't agree more. Tony is the best lightweight in the world.

There are two things that Tony does constantly:

1. sprawl and d'arce
2. pivot and counter

His defence is a toolbox of crazy things.

I hate Conor as much as anyone here, but i dont see how anyone can think that Ferguson would beat him. Hes way too sloppy and gets hit way too often

Tony might be able to beat Khabib, but he would get blasted by Conor
So is Diaz.

The Diaz fight is the reason why many including me give him a great chance. He is extremely durable. His chin seems at least on par with Diaz. So he could get away with sloppyness and getting hit a lot.

And then he is more diverse than Diaz, completely unpredictable and a better wrestler. Even his subs might be better at this point. His cardio certainly is. And he is never out of a fight and brings a high pace and pressure. He has the tools that have proven to give Conor big problems.

On top he is bigger and has longer reach.

It is extremely likely that if Conor were to fight him that he would at the very least have to go through a war again.

And the bottom line is the fight would be extremely exciting. Either way. And that is all I care about.

As to Khabib: I also have a feeling Ferg might beat him. Khabib would have to be perfect for 25 minutes and not gas. Would also be one hell of a fight.

I actually do agree with you. He's so nasty off his back and like the poster above said, he's gonna threaten with that d'arce all night. And vs Conor I agree too that he's just too long, gritty, and has too good of a chin and cardio.

~DaViD~

khabib thinks he gonna K/O conor within 4 mins. What a goof. Conor gonna use that left hand a minute in.

How many times are you going to spam that same post? Conor fans are unoriginal, and slow. We already knew this. You don’t have to keep pointing it out.

Tony is a better version of Nate Diaz so yeah I agree TS.

Tony Ferguson vs Khabib is the best possible fucking matchup that could be made at LW but is cursed. I sincerely hope Khabib and Tony both win and it finally goes through

well it's not like he's jon fitch and the UFC is keeping him from the belt

tony is a jackass who wears sunglasses indoors and trips on wires. it's his own fault he loses opportunities to fight big names

Back