I think this is the ceiling for Neil Magny.

Scyther

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Magny just doesn't have the raw talent to go any further then a guy that's on the level of Maia. Yeah, he can beat most of the noobs, low tier, and inconsistent fighters and possibly look quite impressive if he continues to come into fights well prepared and continue to prove incrementally as he has done until this point in time. To add to that he seems to come into the octagon with great game plans and uses common sense, which sometimes is enough to get wins in the UFC.

Magny doesn't take a lot of damage so I think he can have a long career, however, I don't see him getting anywhere near a world title or a number one contender spot

Hes still young plus Maias one of the best when the fight gets to the ground

Bad stylistic matchup. Still got time to improve, or at the very least, face guys who doesn't counter what he's best at.

He finally fought someone and got destroyed is another way of looking at it

He fought someone good and lost, not surprising, even Lim had him in some trouble.

He did well defensively in the first. I don't think anyone expected him to be a world beater though.

This is how young fighters get better..Neil was on a run fighting unranked fighters and looked good.He now knows that if he wants to be a top 10 fighter, he has to eork even harder than he has been...and I mean technique more than anything.

Back