I think the UFC has enough Hawaiian based fighters to but on a good card there

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Think about all the half assed fight night cards they have there is no reason a card that looks like.

Browne vs JDS or Arlovski could main event

Halloway vs Olivera could co-main

Taveras vs Dolloway could be main card easy

Mederios vs Lauzon/Iaquinta winner would be crazy

Solmoka vs Seery/Beal winner could main card

Doane vs *insert name of can* could main card

Dustin Kimura, Kailin Curran, KJ Noons and a slew of local prospects could round out the card....I've wondered why they never had a fight night in HI yet but now looks like the best time ever.

Hell if we are lucky maybe even BJ will come out of retirement to disappoint us all.

Dana erroneously thinks it rains 24/7 here.

They had a card in Maine. Let Hawaii have one.

What is typical attendance at UFC events? They would have to do it at the Blaisdell, 8800 seats. Is enough for the UFC these days? Would it actually sell out?

It'd be cool if they did it at Aloha Stadium. Hell the NFL took away the Pro Bowl. UFC should swoop in and fill that space. There's a lot of interest in the islands for MMA so it seems like a no-brainer to me.

What is typical attendance at UFC events? They would have to do it at the Blaisdell, 8800 seats. Is enough for the UFC these days? Would it actually sell out?

I think they would end up comping like 1600 people but they could sell it out and still make their nut, Hawaii is a big MMA state even historically speaking back in the mid 90s Superbrawl wa based out of Hawaii it was UFC first american competition more or less/

I like this idea.

Also the Hawaiin ring girls will be drop dead gorgeous.

well thought out thread

i approve

would def watch

Didnt realize there were so many big names fighters from the isles that aren't named BJ

you may be on to something here..

Is Hawaii that much of a goldmine for the UFC that this is a good idea?

Put BW prospect Martin "The Spartan" Day on there after he gets a couple pro wins, and you'll have the chance to see possibly the next sensation from Hawaii.

Check his instagram for his picture perfect KO in his last title fight.

Don't know anything about Hawaii, but do they have an indoor stadium? The reason I ask is I vaguely remember dana saying something along the lines of being wary or scheduling a fight there due to weather or something

Great thread topic and something new to discuss, kudos.

I agree, and a card in Hawaii would be badass!

Back