I think Super Sage will be #1 P4P one day

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His first 2 losss he was basically a teenager...you can't hold that against him.

And the way he lost in those fights is very fixable....especially for his age...lots of top guys(Silva, Conor, Aldo, even GSP w Hughes) were tapped early in their career.

I'm betting on Sage Northcutt to only get better and become a top 5 P4P fighter one day. And I'm always against the UFC goldenboy prospects, but I'm betting on this kid.

He's very explosive and strong for his weight class but honestly he does seem a bit chinny and his striking defense is not so good. I hope he puts it together though, guy is very easy to root for. He has potential for sure - he showed killer instinct in his last fight.

The jab came a long way

I do not think so at all, he seems like a good kid though and tries hard, just not sure if he'll get to that status, he can get some good wins in the UFC though.

Jon Jones, Vitor, Halloway were already contenders/champs at the age Sage is. I'll be surprised if he cracks the top 10

That kid has coke addict written all over him, just watch.

"Give me another fucking line.. Mr.Coke dealer, sir"

not aggressive enough, not durable enough, not mean enough

tenor.gif

His first 2 losss he was basically a teenager...you can't hold that against him.

And the way he lost in those fights is very fixable....especially for his age...lots of top guys(Silva, Conor, Aldo, even GSP w Hughes) were tapped early in their career.

I'm betting on Sage Northcutt to only get better and become a top 5 P4P fighter one day. And I'm always against the UFC goldenboy prospects, but I'm betting on this kid.
You're just saying this for a hot take, you're being ridiculous.

I cannot believe that you just compared Sage Northcutt to a young GSP.

Laughable.

He's not hungry enough, he's too privileged. I see him following the same path as Paige

I don't even think he'll ever be top 10. Who the fuck moves to TAM and still gets outwrestled by Thibault Gouti.

I don't see it, he's mostly fighting guys in a tier that the UFC didn't even sign 10 years ago and he still gets dropped striking with them. Good luck to him, by the way, he's a great young man.

Nah, far too chinny. Won't be able to stay in that weight class for long. Once he moves up, jabs are going to put him down.

Back