I think Stipe could beat Jones

Rationality

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Have you looked at Cormier's face post-fight? Did you see how Santos pushed Jones in their recent fight?

I think Stipe would have a better chance to defeat Jones than Sherdoggers give him credit for. If he lands power shots on Jones JBJ will not shrug them off. Gus puffed up Jones' face and Stipe hits harder than Gus.

Stipe managed range well in the Ngannou fight. Jones does it better, but again when you're against a guy with Stipe's power you're vulnerable if only one shot lands.

Jones would kickbox but again if Stipe catches a few kicks and returns some hard straights or overhands that might become a long night for JBJ.

I'd love to see this fight. The interesting thing on here would be seeing people who hate anyone not named DC tie themselves in knots alternately condemning Jones while saying he will easily beat the supposedly hapless Stipe.

I think Jones is the most unbeatable fighter to step in the octagon but Stipe has more than a punchers chance here.

I would love to see that fight. Would be hilarious if Stipe moved down to make 205 and forced Jones to fight him. Probably gets beat at 205 though, jones is just too technical and I dont think he would move up.

lol no he was losing to DC until he figured something out.. Jones is just too technical hell be eating elbows all night

I’m never doubting Jon Jones again

lol no he was losing to DC until he figured something out.. Jones is just too technical hell be eating elbows all night
So he was losing until he won? That's some A-Level analysis right there.

I would love to see that fight. Would be hilarious if Stipe moved down to make 205 and forced Jones to fight him. Probably gets beat at 205 though, jones is just too technical and I dont think he would move up.

Stipe isn't making 205 and has no need to.

I’m never doubting Jon Jones again
I don't either.

Stipe has now beaten Cormier and prime Ngannou, as well as Werdum, etc. though. Gus pushed JBJ and Stipe is bigger and stronger than Gus. Just sayin' it'd be worth having that fight.

I think so.. only problem is that famous Jones fight IQ and tape study that has me worried oh and the license to PED that's a factor too.

Bones would pick him apart , unlike Stipe and DC he has a defence and head movement.
Stipe has nothing for him

Stipe would murder Jones.

Keep in mind Jon has been training with Overeem, Arlowski, Brown, Mir for ages.
He knows exactly what to expect at HW and decide to not go up

I think Stipe would have a better chance to defeat Jones than Sherdoggers give him credit for.

At what weight class? I was hoping someone would make this thread. I would like to see JJ fight Stipe at HW. I really could not even venture a guess as to who would take that.

JJ is so technically great. But would his skills translate to HW? The HWs have a lot of power and one small mistake ends the night. JJ is more a TKO guy IMHO most of the time, and that is not the way HW works. Jones takes some damage in his fights...so many variables...I want to see this fight at HW!

I would love to see that fight. Would be hilarious if Stipe moved down to make 205 and forced Jones to fight him.
Jones would be heading to MW...

efd5706cfde562f7a8719d24a72e91e3.jpg

Stipe is a better, bigger, stronger, more durable Gus so its hard not to give him a real chance to win.

That said, my initial hunch is that Jones is just too dynamic and too versatile of a striker for Stipe. Can see Jones picking him apart with kicks and elbows to a UD.

I'll be pulling for Stipe though for sure.

Yeah I think stipe and a few heavyweights would beat and knock Jon out easily.

Back