I think Ronda will be back and will beat Nunes

KB Warrior

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What is happening to Ronda is pretty much the exact same thing that happened to Rocky at the beginning of Rocky 3. Rocky was a dominant champ for a long time but when a power punching contender like Clubber Lang came along he was dominated and humiliated. He realized that he had been protected for years and had to change up his training in order to make it back to the top. His training for the rematch started off terrible up until he realized that the reason was that he was afraid. Once he faced this fear he began to turn the corner and got the eye of the tiger back and came back to beat Lang and regain his former glory.

Ronda just needs to face her fear (of striking, of not being champ, of being humiliated) by dumping Edmond going to a real camp and learning how to strike. It will be the hardest thing she ever has to do but necessary for her growth as a fighter. She has the heart of a champion inside of her she just needs to go find it again and once she does she can return to dominance.

This ain't a movie ya Jabroni. Maybe Harambe will be back to fuck up that little toddler, but he won't TS... He won't.

I think what's happening to Ronda is pretty much the exact same thing that happened to Royce Gracie when he fought Matt Hughes, but I'm comparing apples to apples here, not MMA to Movies. She was a pioneer. She was untouchable for a little while. But the game caught up to her. She's been at her ceiling for a while. Nunes is above that ceiling and getting better all the time.

I think what's happening to Ronda is pretty much the exact same thing that happened to Royce Gracie when he fought Matt Hughes, but I'm comparing apples to apples here, not MMA to Movies. She was a pioneer. She was untouchable for a little while. But the game caught up to her. She's been at her ceiling for a while. Nunes is above that ceiling and getting better all the time.

She is at her ceiling which is why she needs to leave for a new camp so that she can get a new higher ceiling.

The fact that she had so much success in the sport, with such limited skills and huge weaknesses, is unbelievable. And it was because she was fighting in a division filled with one-dimensional fighters. It was the early UFC all over again. The comparison to Royce up above is a good one.

Rousey would benefit from a new camp but her stand up is literally unfix-able and she isn't getting any younger. As long as the girl who is fighting her remembers to not run directly into clinch-throws she will have a tough time with any of the better girls. I bet Cat is literally smacking herself upside the head for the stupid way she came out against her when they fought. If they fought now she would literally destroy her.

I think whats happening to Ronda is pretty much the exact same thing that happened to my poop this morning (it got flushed down the toilet)

jenniferlawrencenoddinggiphy.gif

When your opponent and your mother diagnose your problem (back coach, bad camp, bad team) and your crappy strategy (think you're a striker when you're the butt of gifs for crappy striking), you know you need a change.

She is at her ceiling which is why she needs to leave for a new camp so that she can get a new higher ceiling.
She's been doing Judo her entire life and used it to sub opponents who were smaller than her, had no power in their hands, and charged at her like idiots. What she doesn't have is any striking ability, a chin, head movement, a double leg, a way to initiate the clinch, or close distance. She's literally a novice in these areas and she's not likely to become proficient in any of them given her ego and the fact that she would need to climb her way back up to the top while honing these skills. If she wanted to continue fighting, and I doubt she does, she would be better off training with someone like Demian Maia and developing techniques that get the fight into her world instead of trying to catch up to women who are years ahead of her in striking.

No, Ronda is done. It's pretty obvious she doesn't want to be in there anymore.

Let it go. It is over for Ronda. She can now enjoy being a DNB at home. .

The fact that she had so much success in the sport, with such limited skills and huge weaknesses, is unbelievable. And it was because she was fighting in a division filled with one-dimensional fighters. It was the early UFC all over again. The comparison to Royce up above is a good one.
I've said this all along. She dominated because WMMA was weak as shit. Once it started to gain more and more well rounded fighters, she became decent at absolute best.

What is happening to Ronda is pretty much the exact same thing that happened to Rocky at the beginning of Rocky 3. Rocky was a dominant champ for a long time but when a power punching contender like Clubber Lang came along he was dominated and humiliated. He realized that he had been protected for years and had to change up his training in order to make it back to the top. His training for the rematch started off terrible up until he realized that the reason was that he was afraid. Once he faced this fear he began to turn the corner and got the eye of the tiger back and came back to beat Lang and regain his former glory.

Ronda just needs to face her fear (of striking, of not being champ, of being humiliated) by dumping Edmond going to a real camp and learning how to strike. It will be the hardest thing she ever has to do but necessary for her growth as a fighter. She has the heart of a champion inside of her she just needs to go find it again and once she does she can return to dominance.

She is nothing but a Coward , beat a bunch of average woman. Always had a lot to say when she was a Bully. Good Riddance Self Important Bully-Coward. WMMA has arrived and you are irrelevant.

Broooooo

Rousey got LIT UP.

It doesn't matter how much you train, you get beaten like that by someone, that person is levels above you. Ronda probably learned from the first time and doesn't believe her hype anymore, now she knows her time is up and is time to retire. She'll never be back and no she can't beat Nunes. Not even in her best mental state.

When your opponent and your mother diagnose your problem (back coach, bad camp, bad team) and your crappy strategy (think you're a striker when you're the butt of gifs for crappy striking), you know you need a change.

Spot on.

Back