I think Rick Story should step in vs Matt Brown

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If he is healthy I think thats a great fight, Story just derailed Gunnar and is known to put on a hell of a fight and Brown needs someone willing to throw with him to make it Main Event worthy.

Brown via being rocked and finishing in the second.

I don't think Story is willing to throw with Brown. You see how quickly he was shooting against Kelvin?

Yea but as soon as he gets tagged coming in by that famous Brown punching takedown defense he'll start throwing. His power is pretty underrated he literally punched Mike Pyle across the cage. I think Brown would drag into deep waters win in the 4th but Story could win with out a doubt. I wouldnt be surprised if Story came in at about even in Vegas

Story is tough would be a good scrap if they did make that fight, Brown would be fun to watch vs anyone just hope they don't delay his fight

That would be a great fight, but I still would rather see Brown either getting Lombard or Rory.

Yea but as soon as he gets tagged coming in by that famous Brown punching takedown defense he'll start throwing. His power is pretty underrated he literally punched Mike Pyle across the cage. I think Brown would drag into deep waters win in the 4th but Story could win with out a doubt. I wouldnt be surprised if Story came in at about even in Vegas

I slightly see your point, but I still doubt that Story is looking to trade hands with Brown especially for five rounds. Even throughout the Kelvin fight he was getting tagged coming in, but still looking for the takedown. It's just where Story would be most comfortable in this fight. Definitely "MMA Lab Story's" gameplan

Hmmm. Brown vs. Story would be awesome.

Honestly, almost any welterweight vs. Matt Brown sounds awesome.

Would be a good scrap. Two guys who are always in your face trying to establish their dominance.

I don't think Story is willing to throw with Brown. You see how quickly he was shooting against Kelvin?

I think he'd be willing to throw to the body a lot since body punches are his favorite and body work is a big weakness that Brown has shown in numerous fights.

I wont believe a thing until Outsidehammer posts something about it.

Story doesn't have the gas tank to hang with Brown.

I wish gastelum wasn't fighting woodley Would rather see that

Sounds like if Lombard wins and is healthy he will fight Brown.

I think Erick SIlva should fight Story next unless they want to get Silva a few wins in a row. Right now he fights a low level guys, smashes him, looks great and then fights a top guy and loses.

So maybe build him up and get him 3-4 wins in a row before giving him another top WW.

If not I think you move Thatch up to fight Brown and give Wonderboy a new opponent. Thatch/Brown would be violent.

They have enough time and some options, Thatch, Lombard, Stun Gun rematch, Condit if he's healthy.

This was the first and better replacement that came to my mind. Would love to see it

I'd go for Story / Brown. Winner gets Lombard / Burkman winner.

(EDIT) Although with the UFC announcing Montreal for April 25, GSP might be coming back. If that's the case, GSP / Lombard (getting past Burkman first of course) would be a great return fight for Montreal.

Back