I think people are overreacting to Diaz's appearance

BodybagJohnny**

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Nick looked puffy and soft, but his punching volume was very impressive. It's hard to argue that someone's cardio sucks when they're able to throw strikes non-stop

So, while his body looked unimpressive, I don't think it indicated a cardio problem.

What I found to be alarming is how slow he was and how incredibly awkward and off balanced his kicks were. He looked like it was his first day in a kick boxing class.

But even with all that, he managed to put on a decent fight. I didn't expect him to do that.

I'd like to see him fight Matt Brown

I think people are making too many threads about this.

Well, about the kicks, they’ve always looked slow and awkward.

But the rest of your post, I think most agree with you. He exceeded expectations. Especially after that interview and shadow boxing video Friday.
agreed, his boxing was actually really impressive, defensively and offensively. given the severe disadvantages of a 5 yr layoff and the lifestyle he had during that time, i was very impressed. I wouldnt mind seeing him fight some mid tier guys, though understandably im not sure he wants to fight again.

he phoned it in a bit, but yeah he looked a lot better than i expected him to. i’m sure he got a giant check for that fight and will finally retire happily.

Nick Diaz had a chubby belly flopping over his shorts. He showed up an entire weight class overweight on fight week and STILL was fat. He was likely 195lbs+ in the cage.

There is zero possibility he had a fight camp. He fought off the couch.

Sat down and quit the first big punch he took. I love Nick but obviously he was unprepared and just hoped it would somehow work out, then tapped to strikes for absolutely no reason other then he wanted to go home.

If he was injured or sick, covid, who knows what happened the last 6 weeks. But that was the most unprepared fighter I've seen enter the Octagon in modern MMA.

Bruh he couldn't get his knee up past his hip

That's what stood out to me. He tried throwing a knee and it barely even came up, looked like his body wasn't ready for it.

I'm hoping its just ring rust from the long lay off. He'll come back for another fight and maybe he'll be more in shape. If not he should retire.

There is not a single fighter he can beat on the entire 170/185 roster. He is shot out.

Back