I think Nate will display his awesome BJJ skills

nate-diaz_josh-neer.gif

Nate better hope Conor tries to take him down since that's when he gets that throw.
Diaz.gif

UFC94guida-diaz.gif~c200

Or Conor will do it.
tumblr_m5txku1CXh1ry1rm7o1_r1_250.gif

Theres no way Nate takes him down, I see it as an easy decision win for Conor

Theres no way Nate takes him down, I see it as an easy decision win for Conor

Yeah I'm kinda going with a win by decision for Conor. I can't see Conor 1 punch KOing Nate but you never know. Nate can win this but needs a good gameplan and to execute it perfect but I don't see that happening on 2 weeks notice.

Say what you want but Connor has almost everything to lose, accepts to take a fight 2 weight class above his last fight against a risky guy...While others just pull out...So yeah trash talks but backs up everything he says to the very last bit.

If Nate isn't in shape, which we all know he isn't....... he has to win via KO in the first round or pull guard and hope Conor's top game is garbage enough to sweep or grab a triangle.

Nate better hope Conor tries to take him down since that's when he gets that throw.
Diaz.gif

UFC94guida-diaz.gif~c200

Or Conor will do it.
tumblr_m5txku1CXh1ry1rm7o1_r1_250.gif

If Conor tries to take Nate down we can assume that Conor is in trouble,

2cwki7n.gif

I don't think that Conor wants to be in Nate's guard.

It will come down to who is better standing. We might not even see the ground unless the fight is ending there because of a knock down. If conor can't KO him early nate might overwhelm him. I see conor landing that left and its Lights out.

People overestimate that Conor left hand, its powerful for sure, but he was putting out featherweights with it, I doubt it'll have the same effect on the bigger LWs and WWs. Nate is pretty big and has a very good chin, only getting stopped by a big high KICK from Thompson, he managed to eat 2 of them prior to the stoppage as well.

Not saying Conor can't knock him out, but you guys just think all he has to do is hit him with the left and its over just like that. I doubt it'll be as simple as that.

I would enjoy a sub, but I'd lose my shit if Nate boxed Conor up on the feet.

when was the last time you say nate shoot for a take down... this is gonna be a standup war and nates pillow punches wont phase mcgregor

when was the last time you say nate shoot for a take down... this is gonna be a standup war and nates pillow punches wont phase mcgregor

Yeah but Nate has a pretty good output of punches which will add up. It's not like getting hit by Nate is fun, he's got some knockouts of his own.

If Nate isn't in shape, which we all know he isn't....... he has to win via KO in the first round or pull guard and hope Conor's top game is garbage enough to sweep or grab a triangle.

LOL, a Diaz bro not in shape? They over train ......................

Or maybe Nate was training this whole time just in case someone pulled out. He did say the ufc told him he would fight conor next after he won his last fight with Johnson.

Wow the hyperbole of McGregor's tdd and ground game is the most frustrating thing to read on here.. I give up.

Nate has quite decent hip throws but I dont recall him initiating the clinch to get a takedown. He will have a huge advantage on the ground but I dont see the fight going there. The standup will be fun for sure though.

Nate could overwhelm Conor with punches, pick away at him for... Five rounds? Or is this now a three round fight? Either way, that would rely on Nate's boxing being better than Conor's... Another big factor is how much will the extra weight effect Conor's movement and speed? A slow Conor against a sharp Nate could make for a long night.

He loves to stand and bang no doubt but beating Conor means a lot and no doubt Nate and his team knows he can beat Conor easily on the ground...So yes I expect a BJJ Diaz by submission,possibly by RNC...
No diggity, no doubt

People keep saying this about both Diaz bros in every fight but it doesn't happen.

They plod around acting tough and throwing punches.

Back