I think many of us can agree on this (re:this forum)

Abishai**

Black Belt
Reaction score
Mods, please don't delete this or send it to the wasteland because I respect all the mods here and I'm not trying to piss on this forum.

Lately many regulars here have been saying "this forum has really gone down the $hitter" or have been lamenting the loss of Kid McCoy which many believed to be "the best poster here."

Honestly, I attribute this "decline" or souring of the boxing forum to two specific topics.

One topic, (which the mods here finally addressed) was all the stupid fu*king PBF vs. Pacman Threads.

The other topic which has been very detrimental to this forum (and led to the banning of Kid McCoy) has been the constant MMA vs Boxing threads...

it has really gotten ridiculous and has been done so many times...

I would suggest creating another "Super Thread" to accomadate this never ending topic.

Mods, please don't delete this or send it to the wasteland because I respect all the mods here and I'm not trying to piss on this forum.

Lately many regulars here have been saying "this forum has really gone down the $hitter" or have been lamenting the loss of Kid McCoy which many believed to be "the best poster here."

Honestly, I attribute this "decline" or souring of the boxing forum to two specific topics.

One topic, (which the mods here finally addressed) was all the stupid fu*king PBF vs. Pacman Threads.

The other topic which has been very detrimental to this forum (and led to the banning of Kid McCoy) has been the constant MMA vs Boxing threads...

I would suggest creating another "Super Thread" to accomadate this never ending topic.

I've been out of the loop for a while but why did he get banned? :icon_neut

I should also add that I too have contributed and have gotten carried away with the whole boxing vs mma debate nonsense.

How about an insta-ban on all future MMA vs. boxing thread starters instead?

HOnestly...I don't get it...there was a time where one could mutually respect both sports and not feel the need to piss on the other...

I would like too see a Boxing vs Mma super thread like the may/PAC thread. So that way I could avoid that topic too. So I support this idea from the TS.

HOnestly...I don't get it...there was a time where one could mutually respect both sports and not feel the need to piss on the other...

Then MMA fans went and took James Toney, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and Bob Arum too seriously and got all butthurt, all the while turning a blind eye/deaf ear to all the shit Dana White, Joe Rogan, Pat Miletich, etc. said about boxing.

Then MMA fans went and took James Toney, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Jr., and Bob Arum too seriously and got all butthurt, all the while turning a blind eye/deaf ear to all the shit Dana White, Joe Rogan, Pat Miletich, etc. said about boxing.

You see...I find both sides very guilty of all this. I've seen the usual stupid "boxing is dead" threads in the heavies and I've also seen the stupid, "MMA is gay or for people who can't box..." threads...

and like I said earlier, Kid McCoy got carried away with it as well which eventually led to his banning.

Kid McCoy was banned because people took him too seriously. Come on when he first started you got all hot and bothered even though it's been a running joke. It was to incite some angry little teen to lash out to protect their beloved sport. Kid was never EVER serious. He likes MMA. He's said he likes MMA. He goes to the fights. He follows the fighters. Knows more about them then most of the angst ridden pre-pubescent fucknuts on this site. And it was soo funny that he got under EVERYONE's skin. It's a shame that we lost a very intelligent poster as a result of some overprotective MMA Mods.

I wouldn't much care if Dana White called boxing a homosexual sport or anything else he could muster up because I don't have to read what he says, whereas that is not the case with Sherdog mma fans who come to the SD boxing forum to unload a slew of threads and posts that are totally inconsequential and hollow with regard to the sport of boxing. They do this regularly. I hate them. This place has sucked like never before lately.

Its not exactly Place de L'Etoile, traffic-wise here, do a few rogue threads really make that much difference? Its more a case of; a couple of revered posters decide this joint is beneath them now and many of their trusty subordinates just fall into line. NOBS(cough..) is waiting. Its a decent site but all this getting banned to move over nonsense is just comical. The MMA trollers win, they've run the old posse out of town!:rolleyes:

I really love both sports. I don't know why we all just can't get along.

Even though I am more excited about upcoming MMA events most of the time, this forum is normally the best on the site. Slow moving, but relatively troll free, and I learn a lot from the posters. Even the k1 forum can't quite compare.

I find MMA on the whole more exciting but nothing, I mean nothing compares to watching two superstars in boxing clash. God knows the world who collectively hold it's breath to watch Pac and Floyd go at it. MMA cannot match the transcendence of two all-time great boxers in the same ring.

I haven't personally got involved in the boxing vs mma but im guilty as charged getting involved in the Pac vs Floyd thread. I dont what it is about that thread that brings out the worst in me, there is so much flaming in there its crazy. When I first signed up on here I posted my opinion for why I thought floyd was going to win and man did the shit hit the fan lol. Besides that thread I have been able to get along with pretty much everybody besides the enemies i guess i made coming out of the Pac/Floyd thread. I agree 100% about those threads.

I've been away too long. Wtf has happened? Are guys like Sinister still around?

Heavyweight kids - WTF HAVE YOU DONE TO THE BOXING FORUM?!

I love the boxing forum. It seems like all of the childish former pro-wrestling turned MMA fans steer clear of here. The discussion is alot more Pure, for lack of a better word...

Kid McCoy was banned because people took him too seriously. Come on when he first started you got all hot and bothered even though it's been a running joke. It was to incite some angry little teen to lash out to protect their beloved sport. Kid was never EVER serious. He likes MMA. He's said he likes MMA. He goes to the fights. He follows the fighters. Knows more about them then most of the angst ridden pre-pubescent fucknuts on this site. And it was soo funny that he got under EVERYONE's skin. It's a shame that we lost a very intelligent poster as a result of some overprotective MMA Mods.

Yeah, it was funny at first...but the vast majority of Kid McCoy's posts became less about boxing and more about trashing MMA and MMA fighters...
yes...he may have been joking but the joke got old...

I mean look at his last fifty or so posts for proof...

I don't believe he should have been banned but he did it to himself.

I like this idea, like alot of people, I like both mma and boxing, I also agree this is the best forum on sherdog. I try to stay away from the heavyweight forum because it is full of retards, and I mean no disrespect to actual retards, just the ones in the heavies it's awful in there I love mma but can't talk mma on sherdog

This seems like a good place to add my worthless opinion. ;)

If the forum is suffering from blatant trolling, excessive flaming or anything else that you feel shouldn't be going on - please report it. I don't normally read this forum, but I don't want anyone who does feeling that the place is on a decline because of a lack of moderation and certain posters bringing the forum down.

I know you guys see reporting stuff as snitching, but it only serves to make the forum a better place to post.
I can't comment on Kid being banned because I wasn't involved and it hasn't been discussed in the mod forum, so sorry on that count.

Cheers boxing loving dudes.

Back