I think Ken deserves credit for apologizing

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I briefly state in another thread but I think it deserves it's own thread. None of us know exactly how bad that nutshot was. We know that knee landed either on or around the cup area and I'm sure it hurt bad. We aren't sure if Ken overreactd and looked for an easy way out or if they were somehow trying to setup a 4th fight.

But Ken was a bigger man when he apologized multiple times. Ya, he flew off hte handle claiming Royce did it on purpose. But once he calmed down he apologized to Royce and apologized to everyone else. At least he had the decency to basicaly say "Ya, that ending sucked and I apologize for my part in it". I think both fighters and the ref had fault, yet Royce just stood there smugly and made up some BS comment about "no rules". Ken stood like a man and admitted his part in it and seemed truely disappointed about how it went down.

With that much experience he has to know he can't drop and expect a timeout. Do you guys fall to the floor when hit in the nuts? For indtance My son hit me with a bat right square in my parts. Did it hurt.like crazy? Yes. Did I fall to the ground like I took a shotgun blast to the guts? No.

Royce made that comment about the rules and the nutshot in jest inthink. A20 year vendetta and you flop from a grazing kneenby Royce.
I'll watch again but Ken is so old he can't pull the trigger.

If anyone gets drilled in the pills, there will be an explosive reaction nine times out of ten. When you've been tagged in the junk, you don't think rationally, you are in the worst guy pain you can experience (outside of being stabbed and dismembered) and you lash out. Ken apologized and showed remorse for a natural reaction. Thumbs up.

I briefly state in another thread but I think it deserves it's own thread. None of us know exactly how bad that nutshot was. We know that knee landed either on or around the cup area and I'm sure it hurt bad. We aren't sure if Ken overreactd and looked for an easy way out or if they were somehow trying to setup a 4th fight.

But Ken was a bigger man when he apologized multiple times. Ya, he flew off hte handle claiming Royce did it on purpose. But once he calmed down he apologized to Royce and apologized to everyone else. At least he had the decency to basicaly say "Ya, that ending sucked and I apologize for my part in it". I think both fighters and the ref had fault, yet Royce just stood there smugly and made up some BS comment about "no rules". Ken stood like a man and admitted his part in it and seemed truely disappointed about how it went down.

I respect the fact that he apologized to Royce and it was nice seeing them make up at the end, for a little bit. I felt bad for Ken, losing to Royce that way.

Royce was disappointed too, he's heard nothing but excuses from Ken the whole time, and he's 2-0-1 against him. It is what it is.

I don't think there was any chance Ken was winning that fight. Gracie looked as good as ever, and Ken's clearly shot. Nut shot or no nut shot, Royce had his number

Never been hammered in the nuts by a grown man. Knock on wood.

With that much experience he has to know he can't drop and expect a timeout. Do you guys fall to the floor when hit in the nuts? For indtance My son hit me with a bat right square in my parts. Did it hurt.like crazy? Yes. Did I fall to the ground like I took a shotgun blast to the guts? No.
Either you are talking about a flying, nocturnal bat, or you have a vagina.

Edit - i thought it was funny to put that. In truth, ive been hit with a one-hopper and an inside leg from a heavyweight, both into a cup. Those cups do a good job, imo.

I don't recall him being a d#$% about it. @One point he looked@ Royce and said "You hit me in the nuts dude" It didn't sound offensive. Very classy of him to apologize though.

I think he's either:
  • genuinely got hit and didnt notice/feel it till later
  • milking a situation when he was grazed and didn't call it
I wouldn't even know how to call this one if I were on a commission.

I am guessing your son is a toddler possibly swinging a toddler bat maby made of plastic and filed with air. Any man who takes a legit bat to the nuts swung by someone big enough to swing it correctly and doesnt drop deserves a medal or some sort of recognition.

I see Ken reaction as normal. Who knows what type of pain he was in. Maby all he could do is clinch hoping the ref seen the low blow and steps in. Plus allot of the times a nut shot pain will increase before it decreases. Which would explain his late reaction. Which wasnt all that late. Around 2 seconds between the low blow and knee to the head.

It is hard to believe that some think he is faking this whole thing. His actions in the cage - His actions at the press conference - His statement on facebook - and his current appeal to the commission. He sure is taking this con all the way. Clearly was a low blow.

It was good of him to apologize ... too bad Royce couldnt follow suit and say something afterwards like... I dont feel as I hit him with a low blow but if I did It wasnt intentional.

I didn't care if he was gonna lose anyway, like some people say. That's bs thing to say. He got hit in the fucking balls and the ref messed it up. Those who say his reaction was slow, well it's not like you get kicked and feel it right away. It's not always like that. Sometimes it takes seconds.

Either you are talking about a flying, nocturnal bat, or you have a vagina.

Edit - i thought it was funny to put that. In truth, ive been hit with a one-hopper and an inside leg from a heavyweight, both into a cup. Those cups do a good job, imo.

Tee hee! A flick is w
I am guessing your son is a toddler possibly swinging a toddler bat maby made of plastic and filed with air. Any man who takes a legit bat to the nuts swung by someone big enough to swing it correctly and doesnt drop deserves a medal or some sort of recognition.

I see Ken reaction as normal. Who knows what type of pain he was in. Maby all he could do is clinch hoping the ref seen the low blow and steps in. Plus allot of the times a nut shot pain will increase before it decreases. Which would explain his late reaction. Which wasnt all that late. Around 2 seconds between the low blow and knee to the head.

It is hard to believe that some think he is faking this whole thing. His actions in the cage - His actions at the press conference - His statement on facebook - and his current appeal to the commission. He sure is taking this con all the way. Clearly was a low blow.

It was good of him to apologize ... too bad Royce couldnt follow suit and say something afterwards like... I dont feel as I hit him with a low blow but if I did It wasnt intentional.

I don't think he quit. I think he has a victim mentality, poor Ken he thinks. Everyone wrongs him and nothing is fair. Feels he always gets cheated.
I think he got grazed and a a second later he over dramatically drops and wants to complain like hey you cheated, I'm so hurt.
He waited 23 years and pulled that. This isn't boxing. You can't do that.

I'm a shamrock fan. I hope this makes sense as I am high and tired.

Tee hee! A flick is w

I don't think he quit. I think he has a victim mentality, poor Ken he thinks. Everyone wrongs him and nothing is fair. Feels he always gets cheated.
I think he got grazed and a a second later he over dramatically drops and wants to complain like hey you cheated, I'm so hurt.

+1 on the victim mentality. He pulled the same shit with the sakuraba stoppage.

He may have that mentality but he is right to feel cheated on this one. There was legit disappointment and disbelief in his face after the fight and at the post fight presser.

His reaction to the low blow is normal. It may have seemed longer but it was only 2 seconds between the knee to the nuts and knee to the head. 2 seconds isn't allot of time. During that 2 seconds he was most likely thinking the ref is going to step in any second I just got to fight this pain a little longer .. then Bam the low blow pain increases along with the realization that the ref isn't stepping in followed by a knee to the head on top of that. Notice when he hits the mat he covers his groin not his head even though Royce was still trying to land blows to it while at the same time shouting to the ref he got hit with a low blow. Ken wasn't Dazzed or confused in anyway. He was in pain.. pain from a low blow.

He may have that mentality but he is right to feel cheated on this one. There was legit disappointment and disbelief in his face after the fight and at the post fight presser.

His reaction to the low blow is normal. It may have seemed longer but it was only 2 seconds between the knee to the nuts and knee to the head. 2 seconds isn't allot of time. During that 2 seconds he was most likely thinking the ref is going to step in any second I just got to fight this pain a little longer .. then Bam the low blow pain increases along with the realization that the ref isn't stepping in followed by a knee to the head on top of that. Notice when he hits the mat he covers his groin not his head even though Royce was still trying to land blows to it while at the same time shouting to the ref he got hit with a low blow. Ken wasn't Dazzed or confused in anyway. He was in pain.. pain from a low blow.

Man, that is classic Ken. But in ways we don't agree on.

Ken dropping into a fetal position and screaming was suspect. He's a tough guy. He should have pulled guard and toughed it out. A lot of fighters would have done that very thing in his situation.

That said, he did apologize for his outburst. Kudos.

Your son is a pussy compared to someone like Royce.

Your son is a pussy compared to someone like Royce.

Do you dramatically fall to the floor when hurt and scream they did it on purpose? Well stop and you may shorten your time for an opportunity at a pussy.

If this was not par for the course with Ken I would be more inclined to forgive him.
I still like both fighters, however I knew that no matter the outcome there would be controversy.

Back