I Think Julianna Pena Could Give Ronda Trouble

Pena is way too sloppy and reckless to even last a minute. And it won't change. She fights the same way everytime.

lol wut. Pena would be destroyed.

doubt it, Pena's whole game is gettin her opponent down and Ground-n-Poundin them out from mount. Good luck gettin Ronda down

She's athletic/strong, fierce, and agressive. These are generally good qualities, but might make for a tough match-up against Ronda who would have much more trouble against a fast, calculating, and highly skilled striker than a sort of straight ahead brawler. Holly Holm fits the bill better. That's my take at least.

I don't know, I'd have to see her vertical and compare it to Correia's.

200.gif

* if they let her bring a sword into the octagon.

One thing about Pena is that she has been looking at facing Ronda all the way back to her TUF appearance.

The importance of this is quite possibly a parallel of how Johny Hendricks gave consideration to GSP for a long time before the fight was even made.

If, and this is only some guess work on my part of course, Pena has been doing the work she needs to beat Ronda, yes she might be a real challenge in time.

Pena has some weaknesses though; her aggression is one, and the other is her mind. She has shown that she is very outspoken the way Bethe is, but more susceptible to cracking under pressure mentally. TUF showed us that she is easily shakable, and her leg injuries produced some of the most convoluted and strange stories possible regarding her camp and training. Pena has got to get these things under control along with a smart fight plan to beat Ronda.

I look forward to seeing Pena work her way into a title fight one day, I just hope it is when she is actually at a peak level and not just something to sell us a la the Bethe fight.

After that knee injury, I don't think we will ever see Pena's true potential.

Pena got most of her hype from upsetting Baszler on TUF. We've all since seen just how bad Baszler really was at this point in her career. She then got to fight the undersized Jessica Rakoczy in the finals. The same Rakoczy who is 1-5 in the rest of her career. Pena's won one fight in almost 2years since then. Big whoop!.

Julianna Pena has to be the most atheltic chick in 135 bar Ronda and McMann. But she's green as hell still, giving her Eye is the worst decision the UFC could do. They are killing contenders slowly, they did that with Larissa Pacheco, Murphy and other girls, they just make terrible matchups and don't build undefeated records at all. Only when someone with a realtive amount of hype comes when they get all protective and shit.

Clearly the pay off of doing basically next to zero work on building contenders and stars you get a division with the biggest star in MMA with no interesting contenders other than Miesha Tate, who she has beat twice in dominant fashion.

Pena got most of her hype from upsetting Baszler on TUF. We've all since seen just how bad Baszler really was at this point in her career. She then got to fight the undersized Jessica Rakoczy in the finals. The same Rakoczy who is 1-5 in the rest of her career. Pena's won one fight in almost 2years since then. Big whoop!.

1-5 better than bethe's wins over opponents with 1-9 records total including a win over horseman to get a title shot

After that knee injury, I don't think we will ever see Pena's true potential.

R3 has had knee surgery and has admitted years of judo has destroyed her knees but she hasn't let it slow her down.

Eye will be her first big test, depending on the result we can see if she is ready or not

If this fight were made, a few people would talk Pena up beforehand and then switch to calling Ronda a can crusher after it was over. She wouldn't last a round. Probably not a minute.

1-5 better than bethe's wins over opponents with 1-9 records total including a win over horseman to get a title shot

Oh, don't get me wrong. She has potential but people calling for her to get a title shot or thinking she's going to handle Rousey are really jumping the gun. Eye will be a real good test and if she can take her down, it's a winnable fight for her.

Back