I Think Julianna Pena Could Give Ronda Trouble

SuperBadAzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not now, but maybe after she gets more experience. Julianna is one of the most athletic females in the sport & every fight she seems better & better. WMMA is thin in talent & she seems to be one of the best raw talents there is. Anyone else think maybe she could hang in there with Rousey for a while?

I don't know... Aggressive styles don't last to long vs Ron.

By bull rushing into Rondas clinch and getting thrown then submitted?

Based on... ?

Pena's 2-2 in her last four (pro fights), and just had her right knee destroyed completely (which drastically effects performance, see: the Shamrocks).

Eye's going to be a HUGE test for her, and that's really going to show us if Pena can even crack the top 10, let alone "give Rousey trouble."

I saw Luke Thomas make this claim and I don't get it. What is she going to threaten Ronda with? Does she have that much power in her hands, to make Ronda reluctant to rush in and grab her? Does she have really slick footwork? Does she have a good guard that can stop Ronda when she gets taken down?

I'm not seeing it. She has an iron will and a lot of confidence. That's great. But so did Cat Zingano. So did Miesha Tate.

I agree. Pena actually has a lot of power and she trains at a legit camp that is known for their bjj/submissions. She trains a lot with men too, she trains hard.

Hope Pena beats eye and gets a shot. Ronda need's a new arm to collect!

I don't know, I'd have to see her vertical and compare it to Correia's.

She definitely has the athleticism to deal with Ronda.

I think in maybe a couple of years, if you give someone like Pena really good coaching, fundamentals, and gameplanning, she could give Ronda fits. And all her wins are finishes too, so we know she can scrap.

i bet she cant even beat mcmann or zingano

i think you'd be surprised

Not now, but maybe after she gets more experience. Julianna is one of the most athletic females in the sport & every fight she seems better & better. WMMA is thin in talent & she seems to be one of the best raw talents there is. Anyone else think maybe she could hang in there with Rousey for a while?

Let me guess u heard Luke Thomas? He has a thing for Pena.

Pena usually has her most success when she takes opponents down, u take Ronda down the arm bar is coming. Pena vs Cat would be a way better fight

Everyone is right to be doubting Pena, given her injury, previous record, etc.. However, I see her as one of those fighters that has a rough start but ends up growing into something special.

As others have mentioned, she has strength and athleticism that is rare in WMMA. And that is one thing that I think will be necessary to even compete with Ronda on a technical level. Nearly all the girls that fought Ronda thus far are overpowered from the get-go.

She also seems to have that drive and ability to improve very fast, which is typical of champions. I know that there is little material for discussion at this point. I just get that feeling having seen her go about her business in and out of the cage.

I thought she could get there, but after the injury I don't see her making up that lost ground.

Pena is the top prospect at 135 and will have a very nice career in the top 10. She'll still lose badly to Rousey.

She got TKO'd by sarah moraes , you can't be serious?

Pena is a promising prospect, nothing more.

That is a LOOOOOOOONG way from being anywhere near ready to even make Rousey sweat, let alone challenge her.

Back