I think Jones vs. Glover wrongly skewed the betting odds.

I cant wait for Jones to beat the crap out of DC and not read more of this threads.

Glover is underrated and would of put a better fight up against jones. H

After Jon fought Gus his status and stock went downward.

Before the Gus fight Jon was viewed as an unblemished SuperMan. After the Gus fight he turned into the oh-so-human Clark Kent.

Before the Gus fight his striking was viewed as on par with the Klitschko brothers. After the Gus fight his striking was viewed as rudimentary, insufficient and 2nd rate.

Before the Gus fight his wrestling was viewed as world class and legendary. After the Gus fight his wrestling was viewed as decent but not fantastic.

**But then he fought Glover and everything changed. His stock shot way up even though Glover is a guy who was tailor-made for Jon to beat.

Glover is a slow and plodding striker with no head movement other than blocking punches with his face. Glover was even outstruck by Ryan Bader and nearly got KO'd by Bader. His wrestling is decent compared to average wrestlers but it's not good enough to threaten Jon Jones.

Which means Glover was basically only capable of serving as a human punching bag for Jon, since he can't take Jon down or move out of the way of his punches.

Yet when Jon beat Glover the mma media fawned all over Jon as though he just redeemed himself from the Gus calamity.

The mma media acted as though Jon had just fixed all the defects which Gus exposed, when in reality Glover was just an inferior fighter to Gus in every way, shape and form.

Now that Jon is facing DC I'm wondering if the media is drawing the wrong conclusions from the Glover fight by continuing to fawn all over Jon and pretend as though he's a super-improved version of the guy who barely beat Gus.

I'm wondering if the betting odds might be skewed in the wrong direction and I'm thinking that DC might seriously wreck Jon and run through him similar to Cain vs. JDS 2 & 3.

I know he's a great fighter but I think DC is gonna fuck him up and tear him at least 3 new assholes. And the mma media will act "shocked" because they drew the WRONG CONCLUSIONS from the Glover fight.

I think the Glover fight is similar to Waterson vs. Tamada because it led the mma media to pretend as though the champion had superhuman striking skills. When in reality it was the inferior opponent that made them look unbeatable.

That's why Herica tore Waterson a new butthole and that's why I think DC might tear Jon a new butthole in this fight. I really think the betting odds are skewed in the wrong direction because of the Glover fight.

JJ has fought more than just Gus and Glover. You could easily argue that his performance against Gus was the anomaly in that it was an off night, he didn't prepare properly or didn't have a good game plan. Jon Jones has never been finished unlike Gus or even beaten. Also, Cormier is a completely different fighter than Gus, stylistically and physically. So, no, your analysis doesn't bear scrutiny in my book. It's worse than bad MMAath.

Back