I think Jones vs. Glover wrongly skewed the betting odds.

barney von pelt

White Belt
Reaction score
After Jon fought Gus his status and stock went downward.

Before the Gus fight Jon was viewed as an unblemished SuperMan. After the Gus fight he turned into the oh-so-human Clark Kent.

Before the Gus fight his striking was viewed as on par with the Klitschko brothers. After the Gus fight his striking was viewed as rudimentary, insufficient and 2nd rate.

Before the Gus fight his wrestling was viewed as world class and legendary. After the Gus fight his wrestling was viewed as decent but not fantastic.

**But then he fought Glover and everything changed. His stock shot way up even though Glover is a guy who was tailor-made for Jon to beat.

Glover is a slow and plodding striker with no head movement other than blocking punches with his face. Glover was even outstruck by Ryan Bader and nearly got KO'd by Bader. His wrestling is decent compared to average wrestlers but it's not good enough to threaten Jon Jones.

Which means Glover was basically only capable of serving as a human punching bag for Jon, since he can't take Jon down or move out of the way of his punches.

Yet when Jon beat Glover the mma media fawned all over Jon as though he just redeemed himself from the Gus calamity.

The mma media acted as though Jon had just fixed all the defects which Gus exposed, when in reality Glover was just an inferior fighter to Gus in every way, shape and form.

Now that Jon is facing DC I'm wondering if the media is drawing the wrong conclusions from the Glover fight by continuing to fawn all over Jon and pretend as though he's a super-improved version of the guy who barely beat Gus.

I'm wondering if the betting odds might be skewed in the wrong direction and I'm thinking that DC might seriously wreck Jon and run through him similar to Cain vs. JDS 2 & 3.

I know he's a great fighter but I think DC is gonna fuck him up and tear him at least 3 new assholes. And the mma media will act "shocked" because they drew the WRONG CONCLUSIONS from the Glover fight.

I think the Glover fight is similar to Waterson vs. Tamada because it led the mma media to pretend as though the champion had superhuman striking skills. When in reality it was the inferior opponent that made them look unbeatable.

That's why Herica tore Waterson a new butthole and that's why I think DC might tear Jon a new butthole in this fight. I really think the betting odds are skewed in the wrong direction because of the Glover fight.

Read a decent amount. Agree with first so many paragraphs.

I didn't read all that, doubt most folks will. But I'll say this. Glover had no business being in the cage with Jones. His time has come and gone. Glover was just one of the few that hadn't been picked from the hat yet.

All opinions how do you handicap a guy that's coming down from heavyweight that's never lost a round? A guy that poses a unique threat that we haven't seen him deal with! Let's face it he's had a grappling and power advantage over everyone! And he's used it coupled with his striking beautifully! Don't get it wrong I hate jon jones but he's an amazing talent! But so is cormier fast hands powerful and coming from aka the camp that paved the way to beat junior dos santos! He was an inch away from losing to miocic not taking anything away from miocic but that tactic seems to work! Rashad litteraly showed what not to do and gustafson showed a lot of what to do! Gus is a diffrent fighter but he got inside! Mark my words dc will be champ khabib nurmagomedov will be champ mcgregor will be champ !!

While you do make some good points how the fuck do you make so many threads about cormier winning?

We get it.

I guess it's too much to ask to respect both men.. I have not been this excited about a fight since GSP/BJ 2.. I think Jones is going to win but this is an amazing fight between 2 of the best to ever compete..

The odds are not based on one fight. Jones is the rightful favorite and I think he will win

Just spamming the board with thread after thread about why you think DC wins, huh Barney?

I guess if he wins, you'll get to spam the board with threads about how you were right.

If he loses, you'll have to get a job or something I guess...

Superman has lost more fights than Jon Jones

DC by secret moves of Sensei Segall

I didn't read all that, doubt most folks will. But I'll say this. Glover had no business being in the cage with Jones. His time has come and gone. Glover was just one of the few that hadn't been picked from the hat yet.

No business??? ....he gave Jones the toughest fight aside Gus. The guy had a hurt shoulder for most of the fight and still made it a good fight

Now that Jon is facing DC I'm wondering if the media is drawing the wrong conclusions from the Glover fight by continuing to fawn all over Jon and pretend as though he's a super-improved version of the guy who barely beat Gus.

I'm wondering if the betting odds might be skewed in the wrong direction and I'm thinking that DC might seriously wreck Jon and run through him similar to Cain vs. JDS 2 & 3.

I know he's a great fighter but I think DC is gonna fuck him up and tear him at least 3 new assholes. And the mma media will act "shocked" because they drew the WRONG CONCLUSIONS from the Glover fight.

How are the media and oddsmakers fawning all over Jones.

-160, +140 is close as fuck, Jones deserves the right to be the favorite just for being champion, not mentioning he's virtually undefeated and has 4 times more UFC fights than Cormier, but the odds are correct.

The media and interviews, are asking Cormier how he's going to beat Jones and ask Jones how he's going to defend against the restless attack of Cormier. You can check that Unibet vid on the UFC youtube channel with Dan Hardy and it's practically that for the whole video.

At least 75% of the fighters interviewed to make their predictions chose Cormier.

I'm rooting for Jones, but Cormier is the guy to beat Jones in the eyes of almost everyone, I don't know how you fail to see that.

Both these guys have the skills to beat the other. Hell, both have the skills to run through the other.

One fight will tell us a lot about both of them, depending on how it goes ... but it won't answer everything.

Just remember, no matter who wins, sherdog will declare that the loser was exposed and was never that good anyways.

Back