Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
i've been training weights now for about a month. my routine is as follows:

mon: deadlifts
tue: cleans and a bit of other stuff
wed: badminton
thurs: squats

ive reach 275lb in deadlift. i could so many singles of it yet none at a higher weight. in deadlifting today i did 1 single and couldnt do anymore. i clean 120lb or so just as a bit of explosive work, although i can easily handle the weight. i started off squating in the smith machine using 3 plates on each side, but found it limiting so started proper squatting. ive found it hard to keep the balance doing this, as i have maybe the worst leverage possible for squatting ever. but i give it a go. i do a little front squatting after heavy work, only using a little weight. after sticking today i included some extended range deadlifts but cant keep my back straight enough, and also some lockout work, but its very high. my question is, do you have any thoughts about my dilemma?

stop regular deadlifting for a while, put only 35'S on the bar and pull from that height till you stall again, then go back to your deadlift, it should fix the problem, also, keep on squatting deep and heavy, and don't touch a smith machine ever again in your life.

Put the shuttlecock in your underroos, george micheal Wham! style. The illusion of having larger genitals will help you move more weight.

Hmm, I find it hard to belive you are already stalling after a month's work?? I've had the same back workout for almost a year and my deadlift is still increasing.

I started repping out with 120 lbs. now I'm repping out double that, still increasing to.

Yeah, there is no way he hit a plateau unless he actually IS as dumb as he seems, which I refuse to believe, for it would make me fear humanity.

This is not meant to offend you but your numbers are so low that virtually any program should add signifigant weights to your lifts. Badminton, Why did you include that in your workout schedule. Is it really that intense?

dam the dubs, sorry for double posting but I can't edit. These dam things should be gone soon.

Anyway, what is your height and weight and what are your goals. Do you hope to be a bette fighter, faster, jump higher (any one or two things you want to specialize in). These questions will be asked sooner or later so we might as well get them out of the way.

Yeah bro, haven't you seen those little *****o's go crazy on badminton?!

I have a buddy who lives in CHina, says they have like six channels of Badminton.

um i do badminton as its part of my schools program and its quite intense. im 6'2 and 77kg. my goals are obviously to get stronger but also increase athletic performance in general.

You should play hooverball instead.

enough of this stupid shit, can you help or not. im just thinking im overtraining or something

I'm still not sure I understand... You had one bad deadlifting session and you think you've plateued? no. Welcome to the club, a bad workout is going to happen now and then. End of story. Now put down the shuttlecock and play some HOOVERBALL!

Urban said:
I'm still not sure I understand... You had one bad deadlifting session and you think you've plateued? no. Welcome to the club, a bad workout is going to happen now and then. End of story. Now put down the shuttlecock and play some HOOVERBALL!

yeah your probably right.

post your routine, sets/reps, all that shit. Do you have a workout log ? You could use that to your advantage, so you can keep track of your progress.

I'd say everything is too close together. There's 3 other days in the week to use.

Also, remember to switch badminton with tennis after every 4 weeks, to avoid CNS burnout.

hahaha, hughes, that was good man.

PB if you want good advice then answer the different questions that people have asked you and we will take it from there. Need more info. Birdies in your court now.

deads i do just single and as many sets until i cant do no more, same with everything else, except i do 1-4 reps when squatting

XBC Owns you all (thats right, the Xtreme Badminton Championships)

Back