I think its obvious that if you dont have reach and size you cant beat Jones

Cormier is 5'10 and gave Jones the second ahrdest fight of his career and stunned him a few times. it wasn't height that won Jones the fight vs DC

Jones really has great body type for the sport and he uses it perfectly...DC has the wrestling,heavy hands and a lot of HW experience to beat Jones but they didnt work...At the end if you want to beat Jones just being skilled and supertough wont be enough you also have to be as big as him...So mid size LHW s with belt hopes needs to recheck their goals no doubt about it...

how about gas tank?

dc couldnt keep up.

for someone training with cain all the time you would expect much better gas tank

Yep for sure. It was neck and neck until the 4th. People keep acting like it was total domination,it clearly wasn't. Plain and simple DC gassed out and lost his strength and will in 4 and 5. With equal cardio these guys are pretty even.

It wasn't cardio that was the issue. Jones body shots were very effective. Cormier confirmed it in his post show interview with Ariel.

He hit him with some vicious knees, kicks, and hooks to the body that got a bit overlooked.

I know JJ's nuthuggers don't like to hear it, but the only time Jones fought a dude that had his height/size/reach + good footwork/movement, he ended up in hospital with a badly bruised face :)

gustafsson-lands-uppercut-on-jon-jones-shad-face-jones-face.jpg

Last edited:
Its no coincidence that Jones' toughest fight was Gustafsson - also by far the tallest, rangiest fighter Jones has ever fought.

Once you negate his massive reach, he becomes beatable.

agree
if you're a short guy like dc, you have to put that extra effort to get inside and then you will most likely gas faster than expected

Cormier is 5'10 and gave Jones the second ahrdest fight of his career and stunned him a few times. it wasn't height that won Jones the fight vs DC

The second hardest fight of his career??? Maybe through nut huggers eyes, in my eyes DC got beaten & exposed. The book on DC now will say he moves straight ahead and his very soft in his middle so pepper his ass with kicks & strikes and watch him slow to a stop while he huffs & puffs sucking wind.
I don't even hear DC flag wavers screaming for a instant re-match or a short turn around re-match because there's no need the question was answered DC got beat clearly....

Don't clinch on the cage with him. Keep the fight in the middle of the octagon. Be aggressive. Beat his ass. DC almost got it right. Gus or Rumble might figure it out.

But DC spent the majority of the fight inside Jones' reach?

The problem with Jones is that he knows how to use his reach advantage but he's also good in close range/clinch. Usually, tall guys can't fight well in short range.

It seems finding a Jones shortcoming is becoming harder and harder.
If anything, he failed to defend multiple uppercuts, but they didn't seem to hurt him too much.

I was rooting for DC, but the way Jones beat him almost made me like the damn guy. Almost. :)

The second hardest fight of his career??? Maybe through nut huggers eyes, in my eyes DC got beaten & exposed. The book on DC now will say he moves straight ahead and his very soft in his middle so pepper his ass with kicks & strikes and watch him slow to a stop while he huffs & puffs sucking wind.
I don't even hear DC flag wavers screaming for a instant re-match or a short turn around re-match because there's no need the question was answered DC got beat clearly....

Wtf are you on about? "beaten and exposed"? Then your eyes have no business watching a MMA fight ebcause you certainly don't know what youw ere watching.

The first round was competitive even though Jones won. The second round Cormier won clearly and hurt Jones more than once in that round alone.
The third round was very close and you could evena rgue that Cormier won it.

In the 4th round the body shots and the high pace got to Cormier and he did basically nothing and accepted that he'd lose it and Jones won.

In the 5th round it was mostly clinching and neither guy did much of anything but Jones threw a few strikes in the clinch while Cormier did nothing so Jones won.

It was easily the 2nd toughest fight Jones had and the 2nd round was one of the worst rounds Jones ever had in line with any round of the Gus fight

But I think even a longer reach taller guy has an advantage in the clinch aswell, coz Cormier said Jones felt like a big dude in the clinch.

how about gas tank?

dc couldnt keep up.

for someone training with cain all the time you would expect much better gas tank

No, Jones won by being younger. 35-36 years old cannot have same cardio as 27 years old, no matter who you train with, or how hard you train.

agree
if you're a short guy like dc, you have to put that extra effort to get inside and then you will most likely gas faster than expected

Yep, some people don't understand that DC had to work much harder then jones did.

Jones won by a very clear UD...Ofcourse he ll be tagged in a 25 minutes of fight against a top level guy

yeah if anything, although Jones was very impressive, I think this fight proved he can be beaten by a short guy.

Jones won by a very clear UD...Ofcourse he ll be tagged in a 25 minutes of fight against a top level guy

he wasn't just "tagged", he lost at least one round convincingly and two others were back and forth.

So to your blind eyes it wasn't competitive from round 1-3?

yeah if anything, although Jones was very impressive, I think this fight proved he can be beaten by a short guy.

he wasn't just "tagged", he lost at least one round convincingly and two others were back and forth.

Too bad scorecards doesnt say so...Jones not outclassed DC but gave him a good beating..

Too bad scorecards doesnt say so...Jones not outclassed DC but gave him a good beating..

What are you even on about, the scorecards say exactly that. Cormier won one.

The other two were competitive, four and five were soundly for Jones.

Of course he gave DC a good beating in the end, nobody would dispute that. But nobody sane would dispute that Cormier, despite being a short fighter, was quite successful in the early part of the fight. He did beat Jones for a round. Hence it is not obvious at all that a short fighter can't beat Jones.

It was easily the 2nd toughest fight Jones had and the 2nd round was one of the worst rounds Jones ever had in line with any round of the Gus fight

I didn't even bother to quote the rest of the tripe you wrote trying to get me to believe, it was this gem I used for my morning coffee. Unlike Gus even I as a Jones fan wanted to see a re-match asap. This fight all weekend I've yet to read anybody crying for a re-match to unanswered questions, because questions were answered DC got "NOTHING" for Jones.

Back