I think I can make a boxing movie thats better then all

Raging Bull is sick, Rocky's good entertainment.
But i'm sure your movie will blow them both out of the water..

You know, I wanted to jump on the OP and say "LOL ur gonna make a movie RITE?" - but Stallone was a broke nobody when he wrote the screenplay for Rocky and we all know how that turned out.

Times are different now though, and the studios have all the creative power and fuck up everything they touch.

I thought "Ali" was really good. Looking forward to the movie based on Mickey Ward. Thats coming out this year I think.

Not only do you not have the budget to pull it off, but you are insulting writers, directors, and producers everywhere when you claim you can make a better film than some of the most talented people in Hollywood on your very first time out. Raging Bull and the original Rocky were both amazing pieces of work, and great boxing movies with talented actors and crew. Unless you have the money and the name, you would be working with inexperienced crew and actors, which ultimately leads to a less than stellar production.

You should make a movie about Arturro Gatti getting his eye stiched shut over and over.
Slow motion all the blows he's absorbed, then show the stiching.
Then repeat.
Would make for a great film

You know, I wanted to jump on the OP and say "LOL ur gonna make a movie RITE?" - but Stallone was a broke nobody when he wrote the screenplay for Rocky and we all know how that turned out.

Times are different now though, and the studios have all the creative power and fuck up everything they touch.

Stallone didn't make the movie, though. He wrote the screenplay and starred in it, but there were a lot of other talented people brought in to help develop and produce it. This guy says he wants to make the movie... That's entirely different.

i'm excited for the Micky Ward movie comin out, altho i'm pissed that they took out Matt Damon. he woulda been perfect workin w/ Marky Mark

i really want to see that mickey ward movie also. the boxing documentaries out their are amazing. the hollywood type movies are usually shit. raging bull is by far the best boxing movie ever made, in a class by its own. Ts what ideas are u throwin around for ur movie. bio pic or more on the sport itself.

Holy shit, I didn't know they were making a Ward movie. Is there a trailer out somewhere?

First of all, everyone knows Rocky IV p2wns all other Rocky movies. I often pretend 5 never existed. I go 4, 3, 2, 1 in order. I guess 6 was allright.

Play it to the bone is a funny movie for a lot of reasons.

Raging Bull, When we were Kings, Great White Hype, Undisputed, Snake Eyes, Ali, On the Waterfront (great flick), The Harder they Fall (really old, pretty cool perspective), Requiem for a Heavyweight (shows the ugly part of the fight game), Million Dollar Baby, Cinderella Man, that's all I can think of now.

I have always wanted to see Raging Bull. I just rented it tonight. I'll be watching it later this week.

Back