I think I can make a boxing movie thats better then all

T

Too $hort

really thats hard to do with raging bull and others but I think I could pull it off on a small budget too.I guess that means I have to go to film school and all but that sucks.but really if I am ever in a spot to make it happen it will be the best boxing movie ever made.I think I have the passion and know enough about boxing to do it.

sure. raging bull will be crap compared to ur low budget passion inspired movie

sure. raging bull will be crap compared to ur low budget passion inspired movie
budget dosent make or break a movie,I rather watch a good independant film rather then some lame movie with a high budget.I'm not saying low budget like a b movie but just not as high as most

Honestly, I didnt like Raging Bull.
to me it was ok,thats my point no boxing movie has ever impressed to the point as other movies did,I feel cinderella man was good thou and to me is one of the best .all I can say is if I had the chance my movie would be very very accurate and would be very detailed on what boxing is like.

*Highjacks thread*

So, what are the best boxing movies ever made?

How is that Korean movie about Kim vs Mancini? I heard Mancini went to the premier in Korea and cried. Don't know if its true.

I also heard Annapolis is good.

I haven't seen a whole lot of boxing movies but I did like Million Dollar Baby.

What I wanna see is a movie that can really show the pain, dedication, and sacrifice it takes to be a fighter. A movie that can show the drive and passion a fighter feels to do what he does. Too many people think training is like a montage from a Rocky movie; if you do a little bit of this and that then bam, you're a fighter.

I'm attending film school right now. Maybe togther, we could take down DeNiro and Scorsese....

budget dosent make or break a movie,I rather watch a good independant film rather then some lame movie with a high budget.I'm not saying low budget like a b movie but just not as high as most

ur right about the budget.

Rocky is widely consider to be a top hundred film of all time.
Raging Bull was also an incredible movie.
Cinderella Man was fucking awesome but for whatever reason didnt get the credit it deserved.
I really liked Ali but apparently a lot of people thought it was boring.
Meh, good luck to you.

Did any of you catch "Hurricane"? Never saw it and didn't hear all that much about it either.

S.

really thats hard to do with raging bull and others but I think I could pull it off on a small budget too.I guess that means I have to go to film school and all but that sucks.but really if I am ever in a spot to make it happen it will be the best boxing movie ever made.I think I have the passion and know enough about boxing to do it.

It's all about the ****** man. Just write it and float it out there. Let somebody with money make it.

Did any of you catch "Hurricane"? Never saw it and didn't hear all that much about it either.

S.

The Denzil Washington one? It was a good little movie, but was more about the drama and his redmemption than the actual boxing.

Also, it took some Hollywood liberties and glossed over the seedier side of Carter and made out that he was framed by a racist cop.

I love Rocky, Its much better than the raging bull imo. And I havent seen the Cinderella man yet.

I know Rocky is unrealistic but #2 had Roberto Duran in it for like 10 seconds. It also does show some basic Boxing knowledge, Like Rocky III when he comes back trained with Speed and doesnt brawl with him to win.

Rocky 1 is actually a critically acclaimed film. People think of the insanity of Rocky 4 when you mention the name, but the first one was a thoughtful, very human film

Kinda like how the first Rambo wasn't the bloodbath that people automatically think of. Both franchises became 80s action cliches later on

I always loved it when a Rocky movie was shown on TV becomes the gyms would always be full of idiots the next week wanting to do a short training montage and somehow become a fighter.

Raging Bull is sick, Rocky's good entertainment.
But i'm sure your movie will blow them both out of the water..

Back