I think Haye can do it...

he has alot to prove he should of thrown more straight punches and he is very open to a big shot. He will struggle against the top guys who are bigger than him and will use there size against haye.

Haye's a breath of fresh air. I think he'd beat the majority of them. The only guys I'd favour over him would be Vitali, Wlad and maybe (or maybe not) Peter.

I dont think he will be able to hang with Vitaly or Wlad

"Haye's a breath of fresh air."

I agree with this, he brings the Naz effect people either love him or hate him - the people who hate still buy a ticket in the hopes he gets KTFO. Classic marketing people.

Wlad is huge but is the best risk versus reward fight for Haye. Wlad can wear him out by making Haye carry his weight & using the long jab. Haye has a chance of KO's Wlad simply because anyone who can bang does.

So how did he do versus Barrett? I take it it was a KO but did he look solid at the new weight?

I'd love to see him vs. Peter. Let's see his chin tested against a big puncher. If he can pull off the win there then he will be legit.

If it isn't one of the Ukranian doctor's next, then I think Sam Peter is definitely the fight Haye needs to make. Personally, I'd get him in against a decent top 10 fighter then Peter then Wlad or Vitali... But he seems in a mad rush, so i think Peter next is a good move.

I dont think he will be able to hang with Vitaly or Wlad

I don't get these kinda comments when it comes to Wlad... The guy has alot of natural things going for him, but when it comes to the boxing itself he is so unbelievably floored! Vitali is a different story tho, that is one big tough nut to crack...

Ultimately, the road ends with either one of the Klits. His next fight should be against a tall guy with a fair ability. Juan Carlos Gomez, McCline, or Dimitrenko.

So how did he do versus Barrett? I take it it was a KO but did he look solid at the new weight?

See for yourself:

YouTube - David Haye vs. Monte Barrett part 1

YouTube - David Haye vs. Monte Barrett part 2

YouTube - David Haye vs Monte Barrett part 3

Very entertaining scrap.
Haye was 215 lbs ripped and displaying all the speed, power, and athleticism which is his advantage over many other Heavyweights. Far too much is made out of sheer weight nowadays.

Mike Tyson was 216 lbs at his best.
Muhammad Ali was 212 at his peak..
Larry Holmes was about 212 lbs.
George Foreman was 217 lbs when he destroyed Frazier.
Sonny Liston was about 215.
Earnie Shavers was 210 lbs.
Max Baer was 210 at his best.
Smokin' Joe Frazier was 205 in his prime.
Holyfield bulked up to about 215 at his best.

Joe Louis was about 198 lbs at his best.
Jack Dempsey was 188 lbs at his best. 192 against Firpo.
Marciano was about 185 lbs.
Jack Johnson was 192 lbs when he beat Burns for the title.
Jim Jeffries was about 218 at his best.
Gene Tunney was about 189 at his best at heavyweight.

I think the 242 lb Lennox Lewis is the only big man I've ever seen who is in the an All-Time Great category.

Why did James Toney, Chris Byrd, Evander Holyfield (naturally 188 lbs), and Roy Jones find success in the modern Heavyweight era.

If David Haye let his conditioning go and covered his sixpack with 30 lbs of fat like 90% of the other Heavyweights do, he'd be exactly the same size as the other Heavyweights and look just like them too...and he'd lose his speed, explosiveness, and any endurance.

Monte Barrett's epic entrance!
YouTube - Monte Barrett falls into ring vs David Haye

See for yourself:

YouTube - David Haye vs. Monte Barrett part 1

YouTube - David Haye vs. Monte Barrett part 2

YouTube - David Haye vs Monte Barrett part 3

Very entertaining scrap.
Haye was 215 lbs ripped and displaying all the speed, power, and athleticism which is his advantage over many other Heavyweights. Far too much is made out of sheer weight nowadays.

Mike Tyson was 216 lbs at his best.
Muhammad Ali was 212 at his peak..
Larry Holmes was about 212 lbs.
George Foreman was 217 lbs when he destroyed Frazier.
Sonny Liston was about 215.
Earnie Shavers was 210 lbs.
Max Baer was 210 at his best.
Smokin' Joe Frazier was 205 in his prime.
Holyfield bulked up to about 215 at his best.

Joe Louis was about 198 lbs at his best.
Jack Dempsey was 188 lbs at his best. 192 against Firpo.
Marciano was about 185 lbs.
Jack Johnson was 192 lbs when he beat Burns for the title.
Jim Jeffries was about 218 at his best.
Gene Tunney was about 189 at his best at heavyweight.

I think the 242 lb Lennox Lewis is the only big man I've ever seen who is in the an All-Time Great category.

Why did James Toney, Chris Byrd, Evander Holyfield (naturally 188 lbs), and Roy Jones find success in the modern Heavyweight era.

If David Haye let his conditioning go and covered his sixpack with 30 lbs of fat like 90% of the other Heavyweights do, he'd be exactly the same size as the other Heavyweights and look just like them too...and he'd lose his speed, explosiveness, and any endurance.

Monte Barrett's epic entrance!
YouTube - Monte Barrett falls into ring vs David Haye

The story of the Brad...

I hope he does, but at least he'll bring some excitment and buzz to a division desperate for it.

Dude needs to stop just walking backwards, against the range of a Kiltchko, he would pay.

I really like Haye, but i doubt he could beat a top 10 Heavyweight. His speed and power isn't what people make it out to be.

On top of that, he seems to have trouble when getting mauled in close. John Ruiz, Valuev either Klitshcko , and about any other physical HW will be too much for the Hayemaker.

I really like Haye, but i doubt he could beat a top 10 Heavyweight. His speed and power isn't what people make it out to be.

On top of that, he seems to have trouble when getting mauled in close. John Ruiz, Valuev either Klitshcko , and about any other physical HW will be too much for the Hayemaker.

It might be true, but do not give Ruiz the opportunity to do that. Gawd knows WE ALL do not want to see him in the title picture again.

He has a good chance against ruiz, a 50/50 chance against Wlad (because he's highly allergic to fast hands), and almost no chance against Vitali and or Valuev. Though his chance would be higher against Valuev than it would be with Vitali.

It might be true, but do not give Ruiz the opportunity to do that. Gawd knows WE ALL do not want to see him in the title picture again.

Good Lord, some guy made a John Ruiz highlight and posted it at YouTube (basically as a joke).
Over 14 thousand views; some people have been watching it.
It misinforms though as John actually looks exciting.
He should have kept the pimp suit and attitude permanently; I think it was really working for him.

YouTube - John Ruiz Highlight

^ "One of the deadliest and charismatic fighters in the history of boxing, John 'The Quiet Man' Ruiz. His style of fighting is so exciting that people have called him 'The Human Highlight Reel'. A legend." - black713irish

To be serious, it's a popular pastime for many to make jokes at Ruiz' expense, but Ruiz does have the brass balls to get in the ring, and he is courageous. Ruiz has been within the top 10 since 2001.
Can't be top 10 for 7 years at Heavyweight unless you can fight.
Takes a helluva lot of guts to set foot in the ring with a 7 foot 324 lb man.

Even so, it's still not a priority for me to tune in to when Ruiz fights though I love rewatching his battle with David Tua.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T PUT RUIZ IN THERE WITH HAYE !!!

Back