I think GSP is a fantastic human being but I need the Anderson fight before I die

This is 2018, no one gives a shit about Anderson Silva, at least not the casuals.

Are you seriously trying to say that a title fight vs Khabib wouldn't be bigger than a fight against Anderson? Lmao

Khabib is already more popular than 2018 Anderson Silva. And the upcoming Conor fight will make Khabib an even bigger star just like the Nate Diaz fight made Nate a star.

GSP fighting Conor or even Khabib is a way bigger draw than GSP vs Silva would be.

Silva is 43 ffs and past his prime. He couldn't get past Bisping. That fight is meaningless.
You speak for yourself and no one more. And if honestly say you wouldnt watch..then youre a casual non fan.

You speak for yourself and no one more. And if honestly say you wouldnt watch..then youre a casual non fan.
Says the white belt.

Of course I would watch, it just wouldn't have nearly as much significance as it would have 10 years ago.

Back then, I would've had Silva winning by a mile. Now, I'd have GSP winning.......by a 1/4 mile.

Also, TS you need have no fear. There's always B-league Bellator. And the seniors league in whatever the hell De La Hoya's doin'.

Never. But this fight still needs to happen.

Well, hold on for at least five years. Don't stop breathing until they retire . Because that's probably the maximum amount of time until they'll be gone. Then you can move on with your death. If you so choose to.

He is a good dude, but he's a bit of a snake in some ways too. I believe the report that his team would use that technique where once he started sweating the oils they put on him prefight would come out. They did this against BJ, as well as the vaseline BS. He also is anything but open and honest when it comes to why he wants some opponents and doesn't want others. He's lost me as a fan after the last few years.

He's the anti Fedor in that he cares about his legacy more than anything and won't risk tarnishing it in the cage. Fedor would fight anyone not named Sapp in PRIDE and Overeem in Strikeforce, and I can see why he ducked them.

You will live forever my friend!!

GSP plays to not lose so, no Anderson fight.

He will go for small very attainable tidbits of “legacy”

I am not a GSP fan. It seems to me that GSP fans want to see him get the LW strap. It would be an impressive accomplishment, but as a fight fan, I'm just not interested. I actually believe that he would beat Woodley. Depending on the circumstances, I could see him completely dominating him. I could see him getting clipped a few times, but if he is prepared he could probably avoid most things. I thought maybe he would've have gotten worse after being inactive for so long, but after seeing the Bisping fight, I can see that he is still the same fighter, if not better in some ways albeit older.

I'm not a fan of the way GSP has been managing his fights since he retired. The logical thing would be to go for the WW belt, which I think he could probably do. I had him beating Lawler when he was champ if he wanted to. GSP is the greatest WW of all time, there is no debating that. He is the champ at WW right now if he wants to.

He beat Bisping, which was impressive, but to me didn't add much to his legacy. GSP is a better fighter than Bisping. We all knew that. And he won the belt at MW. And then he vacated because he didn't want to face the killers at MW. If GSP were to go back to WW and get the belt again, I think that does more for his legacy than anything. More than going DOWN in weight and getting the LW belt.

Dana said GSP wants one off big money fights. I don't care what anybody says, this fight would still do huge numbers despite Anderson not being what he used to be. It would be the biggest fight GSP could get outside of the Conor fight. Even bigger than the Woodley fight. Or Khabib. GSP and fight fans would tune into both of those fights, but the Anderson fight has a much broader appeal. They both have name recognition. Back when I started watching MMA, there were only a few household names. GSP and Anderson were two of them. Casuals still know who they are and even if they don't know anything about what's going on in MMA right now, they will still be piqued by a fight between these two legends and superstars. The Anderson fight is the biggest money fight (outside of Conor) that GSP will get for the rest of his career. I'm sure he knows this deep inside. I do not want to accuse him of ducking. GSP fans seem to rationalize that the Anderson fight is stupid. I think they do this because they fear he could lose to Anderson. Do I think GSP fears losing to Anderson? I don't know, but it is a possibility. Or maybe his fans believe that GSP will blow Anderson out of the water and that it does nothing for his legacy. That could very well happen and I think that is what would probably happen if they fought right now. So if that's the case, why not do it and make a boatload of money? GSP fans, I know your loyalty to GSP is strong, but as a fight fan, don't you want to see this mythological superfight even a little bit?

The size difference between him and Anderson would not be that great if GSP came into the fight the way he did against Bisping.

Talks about this fight have been around since I started watching the sport. And the potential and opportunity to make it is RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW. As a fight fan I need this fight before I die. MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!!!!!!

GSP IF YOU'RE READING THIS... THIS GIF DIDN'T BECOME A MEME FOR NOTHING. COME GET THIS PAPER GSP!!!

<209Bitch>

2zp8v4p.gif

Conor Bless

{<Mcgoat}

No thx.

I am not a GSP fan. It seems to me that GSP fans want to see him get the LW strap. It would be an impressive accomplishment, but as a fight fan, I'm just not interested. I actually believe that he would beat Woodley. Depending on the circumstances, I could see him completely dominating him. I could see him getting clipped a few times, but if he is prepared he could probably avoid most things. I thought maybe he would've have gotten worse after being inactive for so long, but after seeing the Bisping fight, I can see that he is still the same fighter, if not better in some ways albeit older.

I'm not a fan of the way GSP has been managing his fights since he retired. The logical thing would be to go for the WW belt, which I think he could probably do. I had him beating Lawler when he was champ if he wanted to. GSP is the greatest WW of all time, there is no debating that. He is the champ at WW right now if he wants to.

He beat Bisping, which was impressive, but to me didn't add much to his legacy. GSP is a better fighter than Bisping. We all knew that. And he won the belt at MW. And then he vacated because he didn't want to face the killers at MW. If GSP were to go back to WW and get the belt again, I think that does more for his legacy than anything. More than going DOWN in weight and getting the LW belt.

Dana said GSP wants one off big money fights. I don't care what anybody says, this fight would still do huge numbers despite Anderson not being what he used to be. It would be the biggest fight GSP could get outside of the Conor fight. Even bigger than the Woodley fight. Or Khabib. GSP and fight fans would tune into both of those fights, but the Anderson fight has a much broader appeal. They both have name recognition. Back when I started watching MMA, there were only a few household names. GSP and Anderson were two of them. Casuals still know who they are and even if they don't know anything about what's going on in MMA right now, they will still be piqued by a fight between these two legends and superstars. The Anderson fight is the biggest money fight (outside of Conor) that GSP will get for the rest of his career. I'm sure he knows this deep inside. I do not want to accuse him of ducking. GSP fans seem to rationalize that the Anderson fight is stupid. I think they do this because they fear he could lose to Anderson. Do I think GSP fears losing to Anderson? I don't know, but it is a possibility. Or maybe his fans believe that GSP will blow Anderson out of the water and that it does nothing for his legacy. That could very well happen and I think that is what would probably happen if they fought right now. So if that's the case, why not do it and make a boatload of money? GSP fans, I know your loyalty to GSP is strong, but as a fight fan, don't you want to see this mythological superfight even a little bit?

The size difference between him and Anderson would not be that great if GSP came into the fight the way he did against Bisping.

Talks about this fight have been around since I started watching the sport. And the potential and opportunity to make it is RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW. As a fight fan I need this fight before I die. MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!!!!!!

GSP IF YOU'RE READING THIS... THIS GIF DIDN'T BECOME A MEME FOR NOTHING. COME GET THIS PAPER GSP!!!

<209Bitch>

2zp8v4p.gif

Conor Bless

{<Mcgoat}

giphy.gif

GSP gets shit for not moving up in weight and fighting a bigger guy. Silva takes no heat for wanting to fight a smaller opponent in a weight class or two below him.

GSP would have treated Silva like Sonnen did in the first fight but actually finish the job.

I need the Messiah to come to. Looks like we both aren't going to get what we wish for

Why do you want to see GSP lay on Anderson for 5 rounds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back