I think getting crocop back shows ufc s desperation

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Crocop did so bad in ufc and now he is a 41 year old guy,maybe his name still sells fight but its a bad move for ufc ımo

Somewhat, but I think it shows they are noticing Bellator making moves and just want to disrupt that a bit.

Viacom will buy the UFC in 2016.

CroCop can be used to develop other fighters, seems like an awesome matchup for someone like Duffee

Somewhat, but I think it shows they are noticing Bellator making moves and just want to disrupt that a bit.

Pretty much. UFC doesn't want to gift Bellator market share by letting them sign all these big names, CM Punk was talking to Coker too before the UFC signed him. Now if resigns Kimbo, then the UFC is desperate.

This was a bizarre signing, no doubt.

They should just have him rematch Oliynyk right away.

Crocop did so bad in ufc and now he is a 41 year old guy,maybe his name still sells fight but its a bad move for ufc ımo

I think that ufc are desperate to entertain fans.

also Cro Cop is 40. turns 41 in September

CroCop sells tickets no matter where he fights. Smart business.

Its becuz the ufc as a sport is no good no moar and they need old boxers to fite and sale ticketz and stuff!

I think it's more to f*ck with Bellator really.

Bellator, by the way of Viacom should start doing this on purpose now. Bid up more and more named talent and let the UFC steal them away by going over the top.

They are aggressively going after several big name fighters regardless of what level they are currently fighting at. This all reeks of a casual fan grab while the viewership has been softening.

Aging fighters have a market value, but young talented fighters are the future. Cro Cop and CM punk are not going to snag money from my wallet without some very compelling support on the same card. Likewise, Kimbo Slice is not a compelling reason for me to watch Bellator either.

Didn't Dana say that the Ufc is a place for the best fighter in the WORLD. With the cm punk signing and now cro cop, I think the Ufc is hurting for ratings. It's not about having the best fighters anymore.

I've got a hunch that they brought him back to fight Arlovski.
Arlovski vs Cro Cop was supposed to happen a long time ago.

I've got a hunch that they brought him back to fight Arlovski.
Arlovski vs Cro Cop was supposed to happen a long time ago.

a they stole him from Bellator

be there have already been rumors about Crocop signing to fight in Croatia for the UFC

see that would be pretty awesome if they made that fight in Croatia

Yes, quoted for truth. Also since the UFC bought out Pride way back in the day (Still brings tears to my eyes) I think there should be fighters inducted to the UFC Hall even if its for there pride days considering UFC owns the rights now. MMA just needs a LEGIT All MMA Hall of fame.

UFC hasn't invested properly in fighters , Bellator has an excellent roster for HW and also LHW & MW are decent for them , they have young guys with good records , not
like the UFC where its all guys that are 30-40 years old (15-6) (16-7) and 75% midgets.

Dana the classic I hate boxing promoters than does the exact same thing , pays guys shit + tries to sell midgets to us , Dana did you see how that went for Boxing?

Cro Cop sells and really they were just signing him to stop Bellator. Not that hard to understand, Bellator's been making moves and UFC is trying to end that. Cro Cop really isn't that out of his depth in the UFC's HW division these days either. Could be a decent gatekeeper. He'll take Kongo's old spot.

not_having_it.gif

I don't get it either. There should be a rule that if youre not champion at 40 you have to retire.

Back