Opinion I Think Engineering Should Be The Only Majors That's Free

Tuition reimbursement for the majority of STEM degrees (applied science / physics) based on completion, grade success and with a caveat they stay in the country for x amount of years. (US doesn't have a problem with losing domestic talent, though... They attract foreign talent)

Also expand the amount of medical residency positions post graduation

Last edited:
its so funny that all the STEM nerds see things like sociology as useless , considering the massive social issues we are currently dealing with…

I agree with the sentiment.

However, AI is going to make humans mostly obsolete as engineers over the next decade. A young person today would be better off studying the arts, law, or social sciences.

we talkin' long distance or dem lazy daily routes?

I think gym should be free so we have more hot people to do p0rn and sex trade stuff. We need more hot fit people and not just chicks but also dudes and trans b/c i'm inclusive with perverted stuff.

<[analyzed}>

How about Health Care? How about education? Without educators, you can't learn the building blocks of mathematics to even start down the road of engineering. How about agriculture? How about other tech fields? Without computer science, most of today's engineering is useless.

I think first year for majors that relate to the most needed jobs in the country should be free. Then they should scale the cost based on proficiency and grades attained, with the best students getting a free ride and the worst having to pay full tuition. Although that's kind of the system we have now with scholarships.

Schooling costs are the real issue, there's no reason kids should pay $50K each year to sit in a class room. Where is that cost going? The professors probably get paid like $100K-150K per year, so that's about 3 students worth.

Kids should start at a 2-year school and then go to a 4-year school, if college is their chosen path. The kids that either aren't ready, don't have the worth ethic, or don't have the aptitude will wash out without tens of thousands in debt. Those that go on to a 4-year program will save tens of thousands on the first two years of their undergrad vs. a traditional university.

I did a 2-year AAS (Associate in Applied Science), got an internship, then a job offer. After getting my foot in the door, I finished my BS and my MS (information systems and analytics, respectively) on my employer's dime through tuition reimbursement and never paid a dime in student loans.

political science majors?

i kid, i kid

You'd be surprised what you can do with a poly sci degree. There's a lot of statistical math involved in poly sci. I know someone that got an MS in poly sci and is now a data scientist working on applied AI for a major defense contractor.

its so funny that all the STEM nerds see things like sociology as useless , considering the massive social issues we are currently dealing with…

Most fields of study aren't useless, per se, they just don't often lead to a career where the cost/benefit of a university education makes sense. What good is racking up $60k in debt if your earning ceiling (over the course of a career) is $50k and you'll be struggling to pay said debt for the next 40 years?

Most fields of study aren't useless, per se, they just don't often lead to a career where the cost/benefit of a university education makes sense. What good is racking up $60k in debt if your earning ceiling (over the course of a career) is $50k and you'll be struggling to pay said debt for the next 40 years?
College shouldnt cost anywhere near that much, which is a big part of the problem

You'd be surprised what you can do with a poly sci degree. There's a lot of statistical math involved in poly sci. I know someone that got an MS in poly sci and is now a data scientist working on applied AI for a major defense contractor.
Proving my point!

Lay off the arts and humanities grads... It's a rough time of the year with their mall retail and baristas jobs.

Back