"I think DC is the best p4p fighter right now"

we'll se how he deal with that reach when he faces jon jones

a couple of jones' oblique kicks could take away his wrestling base of course, or jones might crack him with a good shot as he rushes in to close the distance... it's gonna be a great fight

i think cormier's chin is good enough to take some shots from jones en route to grabbing hold of him and throwing him to the ground. whether that's enough we'll see

He is definitely not number 1 P4P. He's up there in the top 10 probably, but there are quite a few great fighters.

You can't forget Jones will still have a huge reach and height advantage, and I think he definitely has an athleticism advantage as far as things like cardio and flexibility.

But Jones, Aldo, Cain, Weidman and Johnson are all definitely above him P4P

He is definitely not number 1 P4P. He's up there in the top 10 probably, but there are quite a few great fighters.

You can't forget Jones will still have a huge reach and height advantage, and I think he definitely has an athleticism advantage as far as things like cardio and flexibility.

Cormier is a better athlete than Jones IMO. He is much quicker and more explosive + physically stronger. As for cardio, no idea who has the advantage but I've never seen Cormier even come close to gassing.

I can't put Weidman ahead of DC. If they met at 195 DC would smash him.

Agreed. How could anyone keep him off a top 5 p4p list?? Jones, Aldo, Cain are the only ones I see as being realiistically ahead of him atm.

I think everyone would keep him off it...I'm not saying he has no chance but he hasn't even beaten a UFC champion...You it was said that "UFC belts are promotional tools" which is true but in the end the Champion must face the best in the division and DC has yet to face the best in any division that he's fought at. I'd put him behind Jones, Aldo, Cain, Mighty Mouse, Faber, Junior Dos Santos, Chris Wiedman, Anderson Silva, Rashad, Machida, Benson and maybe I could stretch it out even more...Again I'm not saying he can't be at the top P4P but IMO all the fighters listed have beaten better fighters than he has. The HW division is weak and the best fighter at LW he's beaten is Dan Henderson. Let's all get off the high of his Olympic wrestling performance against a 43 year old man.

Great wrestling, decent stand up, good subs.

Hes a huge threat to Bones but not at the top p4p

Good subs? Do you roll with him on his BJJ days? He has one submission in his whole career and it was earlier against a shitty HW.

Based on the eye test its not a crazy suggestion. But you could never argue that at this point. In order to actually become that he has to beat Jones....or Cain.

He put Hendo to sleep last night didn't he?

RNC and Henderson was beat at that point. Again I don't hate DC and don't think he can't be a P4P but I think stating "He could SOON be the best P4P" would be accurate but that's like calling someone the UFC champion before they have earned the belt. But your right, I think after the SUB against Henderson they are going to hype his BJJ because I think he's the second person ever to SUB him behind Anderson Silva.

Based on the eye test its not a crazy suggestion. But you could never argue that at this point. In order to actually become that he has to beat Jones....or Cain.

Maybe the way he worded it is the hang up here... if he had just said "DC is the best fighter on the planet" maybe we would be closer to agreement. People are getting hung up on who he has faced, but like you said, just watching the fights it obviously isn't a stretch to think DC could beat any guy he steps in their with at this point in TWO different weight classes.

I can't put Weidman ahead of DC. If they met at 195 DC would smash him.

Well that's because DC cuts his weight from like 220 or 215 right? He is a LHW after all.

I'm sure Weidman is a bit smaller than that. And if we're talking P4P, IMO Weidman's fights have been more impressive. Not just the two Silva fights but all of his fights. Of course Cormier has an impressive win streak as well but you gotta realize his competition has NOT been as tough. Hendo is a huge name and a legend, but the dude is old as fuck, super slow, and not only that but he is a very small LHW. Patrick Cummins, Dion Staring. Don't get me wrong he is doing great but we truly haven't seen him against an "elite" fighter yet except for maybe Bigfoot and Barnett, but they are not championship material.

He put Hendo to sleep last night didn't he?

Yeah. That still doesn't really mean he has some great subs. He overpowered Hendo with his wrestling and got the rear naked choke, his BJJ is getting better for sure but IMO submissions are the weakest part of Cormier game. He's getting better at them but I wouldn't really praise them. Jones has better submissions for sure.

since I see him better as Jones, yes, yes he is. skill wise, that is.

Tell your friend that any P4P list in the world is stupid. It doesn't mean anything.

He certainly is in the top 5 skillwise, wether he is top p4p material when it comes to fight results will be determined by his highly anticipated bout with JBJ..

I can't wait until this one happens..

Back