I think Dana wants Chael as Champion

Admit it, you like a rassler now. it is ok. Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

I like finishes, if DC can pull off the finish, I don't care what style he is...

but don't get me wrong, if DC comes into the fight and LnP's or wall n' stall's jones for 20+ minutes, I will turn on DC and hope jones finishes that rassler in the 5th round. I don't have any respect whatsoever for fighters like that who abuse the rules/judging.

Last edited:
I definitely agree that Weidman is a more skilled version of Chael, but I think Chael is much stronger than Weidman and a better wrestler.

what the world...really, stronger than Weidman and a better wrestler? =/

I pretty much agree

Just Machida is so damn unorthodox and patient to the point of boring at times IMO that he almost always wins the battle when it comes to getting the strikes in before the take-down. Other than Rua catching him that one time in a rush I can't think of another time it has happened. And it normally ends up like the Rashad, Bader, Munzoz, other Rua fight etc. He is one of the guys I hate to see my favorite fighters have to fight

But this post may be spot on in all points. I do think Chael is stronger and might have the edge wrestling with his power double, top control, and experience. Machida just worries me. I'm worried for Weidman. I wanted him fighting Vitor instead. I don't care what anyone else says, I think Machida is the more dangerous fight for Weidman

Admittedly, I'm more of a Machida fan, so I'll be rooting for him. But Weidman is such a likable guy, that if he wins, he'll definitely win me over as a fan. Its just that his fan base (or at least some of them) can be way too over the top that it pushes me away from Weidman. Even though it shouldn't because Weidman is a cool guy.

With that said, I think Rua laid out the blue print to beating Machida, and Weidman definitely has those tools to do the same. The problem is that guys heads get so big sometimes that they end up overestimating their abilities and end up fighting into the other person's strengths rather than their own. So if it comes down to a striking contest, I think strike for strike Machida edges it out. But the good thing about Weidman is that he's a humble guy and has a very good coaching staff, so this should definitely be a great fight. If Weidman can emerge victorious, he should have no more doubters.

Sonnen is so boring and hardly has any skills + no heart. How could they possibly want him as champ?

I think Chael is much stronger than Weidman and a better wrestler.

some fucking dumbasses running around, just like the ones who say jones is a better wrestler than cormier, who was good enough to represent the USA in the fucking olympics.

fucking sad.

He moved fight to 185 knowing Chael has better chances beating Vitor at MW, maybe even Chael asked for it to be at MW, and he's getting that title shoot if he passes Vitor.. Wrestling will win on UFC 175

UFC_on_FOX0128Presser_11.jpg

Who cares what Dana wants? He can't go in there and give him the title and Sonnen likely won't beat Weidman anyway

some fucking dumbasses running around, just like the ones who say jones is a better wrestler than cormier, who was good enough to represent the USA in the fucking olympics.

fucking sad.

Well, Chael displayed better wrestling against Anderson than Weidman did.

what the world...really, stronger than Weidman and a better wrestler? =/

Well obviously Chael is a big guy considering he's able to compete at 205, and the mere fact that he has the second highest total number of strikes landed (among active fighters) is indicative of how strong his wrestling is and his ability to impose his top game, ground and pound, and control people.

fucking sad.

Posters like you are what dumbs down what could be a great forum. Instead of spewing garbage how about actually formulating an argument.

Chael is a big draw and sell tickets, and he's a real entertainer.

this. i don't think chael will be champion, and i doubt dana thinks that's likely either. but chael will step in and fight and he will sell the fuck out of an event, which is better than most champs can do.

Of course he does. If I was running that company I would too. Chael is a seller. Dana would make a killing for Anderson vs. Chael 3 with Chael as champ.
For whatever reason, Chael draws people in. As a businessman whose whole business relies on people purchasing entertainment, he would be crazy not to want him at the forefront

Well, Chael displayed better wrestling against Anderson than Weidman did.

I wouldn't say so, he showed better top control but Weidman wasn't looking to control Anderson, Weidman was 2 of 4, while Sonnen was 4 of 11.

I wouldn't say so, he showed better top control but Weidman wasn't looking to control Anderson, Weidman was 2 of 4, while Sonnen was 4 of 11.

While I understand your point, when looking at whose the stronger wrestler, you have to look at both fighter's body of work as a whole. You cant just look at takedowns in a vacuum, because takedowns don't = wrestling.

Sonnen has the second highest total number of strikes landed among active fighters. Would you call him the best striker, or the better of the two? Probably not, but what that stat does indicate is that Chael is able to impose his wrestling on people, control a dominant position, and beat them up.

Sonnen has the better body of work on the ground and because of that, you would be correct to say that Sonnen is the stronger wrestler. Now that doesn't mean that Weidman isn't a great wrestler in his own right, but that does mean that Sonnen is better at utilizing his wrestling in a fight, or is at least more proven in that area.

Admittedly, I'm more of a Machida fan, so I'll be rooting for him. But Weidman is such a likable guy, that if he wins, he'll definitely win me over as a fan. Its just that his fan base (or at least some of them) can be way too over the top that it pushes me away from Weidman. Even though it shouldn't because Weidman is a cool guy.

With that said, I think Rua laid out the blue print to beating Machida, and Weidman definitely has those tools to do the same. The problem is that guys heads get so big sometimes that they end up overestimating their abilities and end up fighting into the other person's strengths rather than their own. So if it comes down to a striking contest, I think strike for strike Machida edges it out. But the good thing about Weidman is that he's a humble guy and has a very good coaching staff, so this should definitely be a great fight. If Weidman can emerge victorious, he should have no more doubters.
I feel the same way about DC as far as the fanbase pushing me away at times. Even though I think he is a good guy. I am really interested to see how both divisions shake out

Chael as champ sells more ppvs than any current belt holder, but it'll probably be never happen. He is a great fighter, but not a top one. He is the best promoter they have though.

While I understand your point, when looking at whose the stronger wrestler, you have to look at both fighter's body of work as a whole. You cant just look at takedowns in a vacuum, because takedowns don't = wrestling.

Sonnen has the second highest total number of strikes landed among active fighters. Would you call him the best striker, or the better of the two? Probably not, but what that stat does indicate is that Chael is able to impose his wrestling on people, control a dominant position, and beat them up.

Sonnen has the better body of work on the ground and because of that, you would be correct to say that Sonnen is the stronger wrestler. Now that doesn't mean that Weidman isn't a great wrestler in his own right, but that does mean that Sonnen is better at utilizing his wrestling in a fight, or is at least more proven in that area.

It also indicates that his GnP doesn't really do much damage as he can hit people seemingly forever and not finish them with strikes. If you want to compare their wrestling as a whole Weidman comes out on top, he gets takedowns at a higher rate, has never been takedown and has spent less time on the bottom on average per fight than Sonnen.

That's the only argument that Sonnen has for having better wrestling in MMA than Weidman, he's had more fights, IMO Weidman will prove to have better wrestling, his stats are already there he just needs to continue doing it.

All the Americans seems to love Sonnen, every yank wants him as a Champion lol. Vitor is gonna stomp him.

doesn't he get boo'd in the US? His whole stick is to get people to cheer against him.

Back