I think Dana wants Chael as Champion

If he wanted Chael to be champion he wouldn't make the Chael-Vitor fight now. Stylistically it's much more plausible that Vitor could beat Weidman/Machida and become champ, and then Chael could beat Vitor for the title, than it is for Chael to somehow beat Weidman/Machida AND Vitor.

Who cares what Dana wants? We all know Chael will never beat Weidman. I think it's quite a stretch to think he'll win against Cheesus boy.

Yea seems like good image to have as champion been popped on a drug test and went down for realestate fraud a cheater and a liar. Seems good to me lol

why do so many fans love Chael Sonnen and hate Jon Jones?

Its because Chael is funny as shit, and Jon just says some stupid ass shit.

Its hard to respect a champion like Jon when he goes on twitter and says stuff like...."its unfair to have to fight both DC and Gus...they should fight in a title eliminator," or him disrespecting boxing and seriously going on a 15 minute rant on how he could beat the Klitschkos in a boxing match and then three months later be like,..."whoops, just kidding."

Those are just two examples of many....the guy comes off as a douchebag.

DC is a wrestler, not a rassler.

wrestler's use their wrestling to finish guys either by TKO or sub.

rasslers use their rassling to lay on people to decisions.

there's a big difference, plus, I want jones to lose his belt lol.

Aside from Hendo, DC hasn't even attempted to finish any relevant fighter since Strikeforce. He is the ultimate can crusher, yet when he has to fight someone even semi relevant like Mir, who gets KO'd by a stiff breeze, he wall and stalls like the greatest "rasslers" you claim to hate.

I think Machida would be a nightmare stylistic matchup for him and Weidman is a more skilled, younger, more well rounded version of Chael. I can't see him beating either

Maybe he could beat Vitor if he can get him down

Yes Chael is much more personable than Weidman. But Weidman has that whole nice guy, American as apple pie thing going for him. Don't be too quick to undersell that because as much as I like Chael, he is pretty polarizing. And while that can be good for asses in seats if he is in competive fights, his fans don't want to see him get hurt and a lot of people may look at it like a gimmick or spectacle and not care. Weidman could be that champ everyone loves like Chuck.

If Chaek was younger I might feel different. Or even a little better striker. But realistically, how much left at this stage in his career does he have for the top dogs? It would be very short-lived if by some miracle it even got to that point IMO

I definitely agree that Weidman is a more skilled version of Chael, but I think Chael is much stronger than Weidman and a better wrestler. The combination of the two would give bigger problems to Machida in my opinion, and I think stylistically Chael gives Machida more problems than Weidman does.

I also agree that any championship run Chael would have would be short-lived, however, it would set up a Silva/Sonnen III match that would be good for the sport and ratings.

Its because Chael is funny as shit, and Jon just says some stupid ass shit.

Its hard to respect a champion like Jon when he goes on twitter and says stuff like...."its unfair to have to fight both DC and Gus...they should fight in a title eliminator," or him disrespecting boxing and seriously going on a 15 minute rant on how he could beat the Klitschkos in a boxing match and then three months later be like,..."whoops, just kidding."

Those are just two examples of many....the guy comes off as a douchebag.

And you didn't even mention his homophobic insults on twitter.

Aside from Hendo, DC hasn't even attempted to finish any relevant fighter since Strikeforce. He is the ultimate can crusher, yet when he has to fight someone even semi relevant like Mir, who gets KO'd by a stiff breeze, he wall and stalls like the greatest "rasslers" you claim to hate.

you realize he's fighting at 205 now right?

he's got a 100% finishing rate at 205, he's gonna ragdoll jones.

I definitely agree that Weidman is a more skilled version of Chael, but I think Chael is much stronger than Weidman and a better wrestler. The combination of the two would give bigger problems to Machida in my opinion, and I think stylistically Chael gives Machida more problems than Weidman does.

I also agree that any championship run Chael would have would be short-lived, however, it would set up a Silva/Sonnen III match that would be good for the sport and ratings.

Why? Anderson is their only common opponent and Weidman was more successful with his takedowns, I think Sonnen's got better top control but that's more due to his style than ability IMO and his TDD isn't that good, while Weidman's never been taken down.

Chael knows he cant beat The Chris, im pretty sure Dana knows that too.

From an entertainment perspective I want Chael as champion as well. He most likely had a greater chance of beating Silva than he does of beating Weidman though.

How exactly is he a big draw? The only fight that he fought in that had a big ppv was because of Anderson Silva.

How exactly is he a big draw? The only fight that he fought in that had a big ppv was because of Anderson Silva.

On the contrary, it wasn't because of Anderson Silva, but it was because of who he was fighting. Anderson Silva was never considered a draw, and he didn't get anywhere near close to a million buys until Chael came along.

you realize he's fighting at 205 now right?

he's got a 100% finishing rate at 205, he's gonna ragdoll jones.

Admit it, you like a rassler now. it is ok. Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

I pretty much agree

Just Machida is so damn unorthodox and patient to the point of boring at times IMO that he almost always wins the battle when it comes to getting the strikes in before the take-down. Other than Rua catching him that one time in a rush I can't think of another time it has happened. And it normally ends up like the Rashad, Bader, Munzoz, other Rua fight etc. He is one of the guys I hate to see my favorite fighters have to fight

But this post may be spot on in all points. I do think Chael is stronger and might have the edge wrestling with his power double, top control, and experience. Machida just worries me. I'm worried for Weidman. I wanted him fighting Vitor instead. I don't care what anyone else says, I think Machida is the more dangerous fight for Weidman

Back