I think Dan Hooker is a good bet

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
I like Chandler and hope he wins, but this is a bad stylistic match for him

he's also facing a much taller striker who is good at keeping it standing and getting back to his feet

I think Hooker easily wins a decision or gets a late TKO on a gassed out Chandler

has anyone here watched a lot of Hooker film where he gets grapple fucked? I haven't seen that many of his fights

talk me out of betting on Hooker

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't see enough of Chandler to make a really informed pick but playing the odds, Hooker's a pretty good dog.

Hooker is currently -140.. Odds that Hooker wins ITD is +175. If you bet Hooker bet that he finishes Chandler. I personally like Chandler by decision at +305 but Im staying away from this fight.

Hooker and maybe Gaethje are his worst matchups. If he beats hooker he is world champion UFC level that's all, and I don't believe he is. I do believe he's in the mix at top 5 though.

Hooker should take this imo

Dan looked super good on the scale :)
Not a bad bet at all :)

I like Chandler and hope he wins, but this is a bad stylistic match for him

he's also facing a much taller striker who is good at keeping it standing and getting back to his feet

I think Hooker easily wins a decision or gets a late TKO on a gassed out Chandler

has anyone here watched a lot of Hooker film where he gets grapple fucked? I haven't seen that many of his fights

talk me out of betting on Hooker
How about you post the betting lines?

I bet the fight going the distance at +200 odds.

From Hooker's recent interviews looks like he's gonna avoid being in a war and fight a more calculated style and Hooker's never been KO'd, I don't see Chandler being the guy to do that.

Dan Hooker has very good takeown defence, even Iaquinta had a hard time taking hin down and Burns got punished everytime he tried to close the gap.

If you want my pick it's TKO in the 2nd round.

We haven't seen them vs similar competition. These crossover fights are hard to be confident in for many reasons and you thjnk this is a good bet on Hooker at -150? If you bet 500 you win about 333 and you think that's a good bet? There's plenty of other fights out there to bet on, this is a horrible fight to bet on imo. I think you have absolutely no clue about actual betting.

"talk me out of betting on Hooker"

You didn't even talk about the odds or anything, I think it's obvious you aren't betting on Hooker and don't know anything about betting. Here, i'll talk you out of posting the betting slip, ummm don't do it bro.

Stylistically, Hooker has the edge. But you're playing with fire because all those wars he has been in have to catch up with him at some point. After going 5 hard rounds with Felder last February, he came back 4 months later to face Poirier in what ended up being one of greatest 5-round wars in UFC history. Not to mention, a year earlier Edson Barboza brutally broke Hooker over 3 rounds, it got painful to watch at the end. Yet he still managed to squeeze 2 more fights (both wins) in before going to battle with Felder.

Hooker and maybe Gaethje are his worst matchups. If he beats hooker he is world champion UFC level that's all, and I don't believe he is. I do believe he's in the mix at top 5 though.

Hooker should take this imo
Jones lost 2 times imo.

Dan Hooker has very good takeown defence, even Iaquinta had a hard time taking hin down and Burns got punished everytime he tried to close the gap.

If you want my pick it's TKO in the 2nd round.

Chandler doesn't need to win by wrestling, this is such a stupid take everyone is bringing up.

Chandler is borderline top ten already and definitely top ten if he wins tonight. But no way he approaches the top five, it's way too solid even without Khabib.

He will beat Chandler. I'm confident about it.<JackieThumbsUp>

The only guy I can remember manhandling Hooker with grappling is.....oddly enough.....Yair Rodriguez.

Back