I think dabronx is one the reasons that Khabib quit

Khabib quit because he was scared that he was going to miss weight again. He would have become the first champ to have the belt stripped due to missing weight, which would really hurt his legacy.

Look at what Khabib did at UFC 209. He was fighting Tony for an interim title. He realized 4 hours before weigh-ins that he wasn't going to make weight, so he left the athletes' hotel and went to a random hospital without contacting the UFC's medical staff. The ER doctors at that random hospital diagnosed Khabib as simply dehydrated, gave him an IV, then discharged him after a couple of hours, basically telling him not to waste their time with his bullshit. He didn't need to go to the hospital, he could have rehydrated a bit, showed up at weigh-ins, missed weight again, and the fight with Tony would have gone on as scheduled, except Khabib wouldn't have been eligible for the title.

Fast forward to Khabib's most recent fights. At UFC 242 and UFC 254, he had to strip down to make weight and was unsteady on the scale.

8d84023c-15d0-11eb-9ff1-f14650b70f66_image_hires_063359.jpg

Khabib could have fought at 170. That was where he had been fighting when the UFC signed him. But at 170, the risk of losing was too high for Khabib, so he insisted on trying to make 155 despite missing weight multiple times. Then he quit once the struggle to make 155 became impossible for him.
Arglebargle.
Foofrah.

Olivera didn't look impressive in that fight, and the most surprising thing about it is that he didn't completely give up when grounded in the first round, it was close!

From what we saw of his ground last night is that khabib would be able to do whatever he wanted to him

Nah. Charles is really good and has a style that seems to match well, but to say he left because of him is just reaching pretty hard...

This is exactly it. He was super cautious about fighting guys like Tony and Cerrone who are decent on the ground but nowhere near Oliveira. Both Cerrone and Tony are considered way more dangerous off of their backs then anybody Khabib faced and Khabib pulled out several times against both.

Khabib talked like "oh this guy was supposed to beat me and couldn't, then it was this guy!" I never put much stock in anybody beating him besides Oliveira. I know, I know... "you think he was afraid of Cerrone?? LMAO!!" Fact is he never pulled out against all these guys like Conor, Edson, Johnson, Iaquinta, Gaethje, Poitier etc.. but the 2 guys considered dangerous off of their backs that he was scheduled to fight he pulled out against several times.

Khabib was very careful, never went up to 170 despite missing weight twice and nearly dying every time he weighed in because 170 is full of grapplers.

This is exactly it. He was super cautious about fighting guys like Tony and Cerrone who are decent on the ground but nowhere near Oliveira. Both Cerrone and Tony are considered way more dangerous off of their backs then anybody Khabib faced and Khabib pulled out several times against both.

Khabib talked like "oh this guy was supposed to beat me and couldn't, then it was this guy!" I never put much stock in anybody beating him besides Oliveira. I know, I know... "you think he was afraid of Cerrone?? LMAO!!" Fact is he never pulled out against all these guys like Conor, Edson, Johnson, Iaquinta, Gaethje, Poitier etc.. but the 2 guys considered dangerous off of their backs that he was scheduled to fight he pulled out against several times.

Khabib was very careful, never went up to 170 despite missing weight twice and nearly dying every time he weighed in because 170 is full of grapplers.
Sir I do not know what what a smashed cockroach with one leg still moving would sound like,if it could speak,but I imagine that whatever that sound is like,would match well with whatever it is you are saying here.

styles make fights buddeh. A BJJ guy with superior striking is a problem for a wrestler with average striking like Khabib, there's a reason he has avoided fighting guys like that in his career.
Khabib is a tremendous striker with a granite chin. His striking does not look technically polished or anything a boxing or a kickboxing coach would applaud, but it's almost perfect for his style. He's hard to land a clean shot on, has a great chin and is absolutely relentless and physically strong. Many fighters look sloppy on the surface (often not just due to their style, but some people just look more elegant based on how they are built, by that I mean their skeletal built and proportions), but there is a method to their "madness" and all sorts of mini movements that maybe even they do subconsciously and other fighters react to them on an instinctive level they can't really control.

Anything can happen in one fight, based on not just the random factor which is high in MMA due to 5 min rounds, small gloves and many allowed techniques, but also because fighters are human beings and everyone can have a bad day while the other guy has a great day. That being said, if it were hypothetically possible to let two fighters fight 10 times to minimize the random factor, not many people would put their money on anyone against Khabib to have more than 2 wins.

Reactions: HHJ
So,my friend I see that you are offended,by Khabib's storied undefeated streak,which is long and blemishless. And you say that nobody is unbeatable,but yet 29 men were given the oppurtunity to break the incredible streak of Khabib and ALL OF THEM have FAILED. In fact,Khabib left the UFC on his own terms,despite the begging of president Dana White,despite the lamb like bleating of those who wished to see the streak end,desperate to see the 1 next to the loss collumn. You personally probably tore out your hair and threw a limp wristed flabby arm onto the basement coffee table. In this,Khabib has actually conquered the UFC. He came,he saw,he took the title,and now he basks in his countries' favor in comfortable retirement in Makachkala. As conqueror of the UFC,everyone viewing this thread,and this forum are his servants.

giphy.gif
People can hate and I'm a blue blood American but this is a truthful post.

Sir I do not know what what a smashed cockroach with one leg still moving would sound like,if it could speak,but I imagine that whatever that sound is like,would match well with whatever it is you are saying here.
"I no not know what what" Why did you say what twice? Learn how to type, moron.

Khabib's last 7 opponents have a combined 14 submission wins spanning their entire careers. Oliveira has 14 inside the UFC. Khabib avoided grapplers and retired to avoid Oliveira.

Khabib's last 7 opponents have a combined 14 submission wins spanning their entire careers. Oliveira has 14 inside the UFC. Khabib avoided grapplers and retired to avoid Oliveira.
This stunted c.h.u.d. like creature has learned to use Wikipedia?? This is a medical marvel!

styles make fights buddeh. A BJJ guy with superior striking is a problem for a wrestler with average striking like Khabib, there's a reason he has avoided fighting guys like that in his career.
praytell, who are these fighters that you speak of that Khabib has avoided? Which ones are contenders?

You’re kidding right.

Did you see chandler hold Oliveira down in the first? Imagine that, but the entire duration of the fight, only Charles has no room to breathe and in between rounds he cries to his corner

I think Khabib quit cause he was struggling too much with the weight cut and to preserve his potential to make money from his legacy. He definitely knew he wouldn't be competitive up a weight class so he had to keep making weight while getting old. That incredibly hard to do.

wouldnt be competitive at 170?

Have you seen 170 recently? It’s the shittiest weight class right now

He signed to fight Tony 3x tho, if u think he was scared of Tony really I don’t know what to say

He is natural born khabib kriptonte

Edıt:Seems like I made angry a lot of virgin khabib fans,So let me explain a bit more Charles is 3rd degree black belt in BJJ and looked awesome on the feet too,when was the last time Khabib fought a guy who can give him so much problems?
And at the end of the day I am talking about undisputed UFC champion can you realize this?I am a diehard Muslim like Khabib and I root Muslims against anybody but truth is truth
You’re a delusional virgin. Khabib retired because his mother told him too. If you’re a «diehard» muslim you should know a mothers position in islam, unless you’re a diarrhea muslim.

Nice, calling people virgins who state how he lost 8 fights, and nearly almost got finished by Mike CHandler whose only noticeable wins are from Hooker/Henson and all of a sudden you have a subjective opinion that he can be Khabib's Kryptonite.

I'd say look in the mirror before calling other people virgins for getting overly hyped and emotional after a comeback victory.

This guy has been on sherdog since 2007, he must be near his 40s yet write like a 15-year-old.

Back