I Think Conor's Opponents have broken the 1st rule of combat

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
Rule number one never look down on your opponent that much to the point of hatred it willl make your vision and emotions vived and flawed.

The guys pulling out of all of sudden and how they fight on fightnights is absurd when they fight you see guys freeze, tentative and unusual fatigue while gas'ing out reallly fast. It because of fear? and no it's no fear of McG or physical harm but fear of humiliation since they have held themselves at high pedesal already over him so losing to him is the worst thoughts in there minds which leaves them not at there best and not there former selves and the pulling out has also something to do with the same thing imho it's the hatred of losing to McG since they view him in a very lowly light.

Could be just freezing up / adrenaline dump, from being in the highest profile fight of their lives. McG stays cool as a cucumber under the spotlight, giving him the advantage of responding / reacting much sharper.

They talk about this in tma. Bruce Lee has a quote about it.

They talk about this in tma. Bruce Lee has a quote about it.
Always listen to Bruce, Bruce knows all. This might be one your thinking of?. "A good fight should be like a small play, but played seriously. A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. When he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit. It hits all by itself."

Last edited:
Sun Tsu on this matter:

Master Sun talks often about deception and therefore warns against being deceived by the enemy and underestimating their ability. ‘He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them.’ It’s important to properly assess your opponent without prejudice or assumption.

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance. Sun Tzu

Always listen to Bruce, Bruce knows all. This might be one your thinking of?. "A good fight should be like a small play, but played seriously. A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. When he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit. It hits all by itself."

The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take its course, and your tools will strike at the right moment.”- Bruce Lee

I didn't find it but It was something like this. Basically, make peace with loss and then you don't waste energy and focus on fearing it. Interesting one that you put up also. Small play...huh.

Yes and No, while its possible they are afraid of him. RDA pulling out made him lose millions.

I think Conor makes them angry and it does work for him.

Personally I like Silva's apporach of making them scared to do anything.

Sun Tsu on this matter:

Master Sun talks often about deception and therefore warns against being deceived by the enemy and underestimating their ability. ‘He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them.’ It’s important to properly assess your opponent without prejudice or assumption.

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance. Sun Tzu

Know yourself and know your opponent and you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles.
(something make me think its not actually a Tzu quote for some reason).

Conor not only has good fight IQ, he has great IQ for the mental warfare. He comes across as a sheer knuckle head, so it's very easy to dismiss the skills he brings to the table. And that's the scary thing about fighting someone like him.

If someone can focus strictly on how he fights in the cage, they can get past all his mind games. The problem is that he's excellent at getting under someones skin. He always knows that exact button to push, no matter who he's fighting. And partially for this purpose, the UFC is always going to set up media tours and press conferences so that he has every mental advantage he can get.

Yes and No, while its possible they are afraid of him. RDA pulling out made him lose millions.

Not necessarily. The fight very well may still happen, however he'll probably have to deal with the more of the media circus than he would've if he didn't pull out. Conor will have more time to get him riled up, and the fact that he pulled out of this fight gives Conor even more ammo for the next go-round.

God, Bruce was a tool. Stolen philosophy and no actual fights. I don't want to let the people the glorify him change my opinion of him, but I can't. He didn't have new ideas, he was an actor, not a fighter, and people used to honestly say that he would dominate mma.

Ugh.

This is mcgregors 2nd out of third fight that hes going against a guy on short notice. Hes been knocking out midgets also

God, Bruce was a tool. Stolen philosophy and no actual fights. I don't want to let the people the glorify him change my opinion of him, but I can't. He didn't have new ideas, he was an actor, not a fighter, and people used to honestly say that he would dominate mma.

Ugh.
Your AV is a tool. Bruce Lee was a street fighter who trained and taught self defense, not a prize fighter... big difference. Also he started out as a mixed martial artist then transitioned into movies, much like JCVD or Jet Li. This is the biggest problem with the newer generations, no respect for who started and brought attention to a sport we all love. If it was not for Bruce Lee Mixed Martial Arts would not be what it is today. Shit GSP accredits his career choice to Bruce Lee. Think about it no Bruce Lee, maybe no GSP.

This is mcgregors 2nd out of third fight that hes going against a guy on short notice. Hes been knocking out midgets also

It's quite cringey seeing grown men on the internet acting like hardmen, repeating other peoples words. Conor haters calling McGregors opponents midgets, Conor fans calling McGregor opponents bums. It's hard to watch.

Also the zero use of cop on. If McGregors opoonents have been midgets as he was taller than them, then Diazs opponents have also been midgets as he was taller than them.

It's great. However it might affect the fights I dont care, but I know that hatred for McGregor makes his opponents that much saltier when they lose to him. Aldo even said in a post-fight interview that he can be at peace with losing to Chad and Frankie, but never McGregor. Well imagine if McGregor decides to hold the FW division hostage for 1 year then leave it, never giving Aldo a chance at a rematch. Imagine how butthurt Aldo would get?

giphy.gif

I definitely agree that some have but many haven't. I honestly think that people look into the mental aspect of these press conferences a little too much...

Rule number one never look down on your opponent that much to the point of hatred it willl make your vision and emotions vived and flawed.

The guys pulling out of all of sudden and how they fight on fightnights is absurd when they fight you see guys freeze, tentative and unusual fatigue while gas'ing out reallly fast. It because of fear? and no it's no fear of McG or physical harm but fear of humiliation since they have held themselves at high pedesal already over him so losing to him is the worst thoughts in there minds which leaves them not at there best and not there former selves and the pulling out has also something to do with the same thing imho it's the hatred of losing to McG since they view him in a very lowly light.

TS, you should take lessons from what you wrote yourself the way you belittle Conor in your posts. Your view of Conor is very much clouded by emotions.

MMA is still a very young sport.
23 year old.

This sport, unlike boxing for instance, still doesn't have roots deep enough to help fighters be more calm and vise. They get too affected because they see it as "no-rules-brawl". Even masters of their games, like Aldo.

Muhammed Ali was a fierce trash-talker, but his insults did not affect his opponents in the ring. His style did.
Conor's style is also, obviously, very effective, but his opponents' reaction to trash talk affects them much, and it is seen clearly.

Conor is exploiting holes in overall MMA game.

Back