I think Conor will beat Aldo but lose to others at fw.

MrTeeLogan

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
First time poster... long time lurker.

With all the Conor hype i have decided to make an acct. And post some thoughts. Conors striking is far superior to most at fw. He is also probably the largest of the fws as well. The fighters that do well in the octagon are typically rangy fighters with good distance i.e. gsp, jones, cain, anderson and the diaz bros etc. Thats not to say that that is the best attribute to havr because we all know that the best attribute os wrestling.

Which brings me to my next point. If conor can avoid Aldos leg kicks from turning his legs into hamburger meat i believe it will be a long night for Aldo. Mendes did very well against aldo the second time around in the striling department and we all know conor is a way more well rounded striker than mendes. I think it would be a good fight with conor getting the better of the strikes but, will ultimately lose to the better wrestlers in the game via edgar and mendes depending on how well conors tdd is. I mean he is larger than most so he will probably not be easy to get down.

This is frankies chance to go for gold. If conor wins fw is going to be a MESS simply bc i think frankie will beay conor then lose to aldo again in what will be a vicous circle of fw contenders with no clear cut champ.

Fw is STACKED. and i cant wait to see more of this division.

P.s. I HATE conor but i hope he beats aldo so my boy frankie can get a title back

McGoat will beat Aldo , but lose to Frankie.

Also, Aldo is seemingly losing his drive imo. Hes not the killer we once knew and i think it all boils down to fighter pay and his weight cut getting harder and harder. Conor may not be in his head yet but, he will be. Everything so far seems to be coming in Conors favour to winning this fight.

Also, Aldo is seemingly losing his drive imo. Hes not the killer we once knew and i think it all boils down to fighter pay and his weight cut getting harder and harder. Conor may not be in his head yet but, he will be. Everything so far seems to be coming in Conors favour to winning this fight.

Yeah he certainly looked lethargic in his last fight.

Why are you assuming Aldo stands with him? Conor's 2 losses are both by sub, Aldo is a far better grappler than Conor. It's not rocket science to see what the game plan should be.

Why are you assuming Aldo stands with him? Conor's 2 losses are both by sub, Aldo is a far better grappler than Conor. It's not rocket science to see what the game plan should be.

Conor's two losses which came over four and six and a half years ago respectively. Conor has 100% TDD in the UFC, controlled Holloway, reversed Brandao and nailed him with ground and pound after stacking him, and has gotten a sub win since then. Look at this pass from him against Siver. Aldo's only sub came almost ten years ago. Come on now.

720cb99b7cc182f08eaf6cb3af2dd960.gif

It realy all comes down to how hard Conor is training his wresting then and how fast he can improve. I swear alot of u seem to think hes sitting around doing nothing lol as if he is not drilling sprawls all day lol.

How do you know Aldo is a better grappler? Conor has not displayed much of a ground game but that doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

I'm leaning towards the idea that he beats Aldo and potentially loses to Frankie. At this point I think Aldo beats everyone bar Conor, but Conor may struggle with a guy like Frankie Edgar.

I think he has enough size to bully Mendes and too much skill for Cub and Lamas. Frankie might be dangerous [I say might because we won't know until Conor is tested - If it stays standing Frankie will be put to sleep].

Conor's two losses which came over four and six and a half years ago respectively. Conor has 100% TDD in the UFC, controlled Holloway, reversed Brandao and nailed him with ground and pound after stacking him, and has gotten a sub win since then. Look at this pass from him against Siver. Aldo's only sub came almost ten years ago. Come on now.

720cb99b7cc182f08eaf6cb3af2dd960.gif

Dubs huh.

Are you really going to compare Connor's grappling to Aldo's? lmao. NO ONE you listed above has the grappling background that Jose has. I shouldn't even have to point that out.

I can handle a remote (and i mean remote) discussion on comparing their striking, but to imply Connor's grappling is up to Aldo's is full retard.

I don't think he will beat Aldo, but I agree that if he does, he will lose to Frankie or Mendes, and maybe even Lamas.

I felt a similar way about Weidman going into his second fight with Silva. I thought that if he wins again, he will lose to a guy like Machida. He has proven me wrong thus far, maybe Conor will too.

It's very likely. Conor will probably have to beat Aldo 2 times tho.

Dubs huh.

Are you really going to compare Connor's grappling to Aldo's? lmao. NO ONE you listed above has the grappling background that Jose has. I shouldn't even have to point that out.

I can handle a remote (and i mean remote) discussion on comparing their striking, but to imply Connor's grappling is up to Aldo's is full retard.

Yup. Posting in an e-suicide ban-me-now type thread. Ah well. Appreciate the concern.

Brandao is a BJJ Black Belt with legit skills who armbarred Bermudez.

Also, I was responding to the idea that Aldo would get an easy sub on the basis of a Conor loss from a long time ago when he was primarily just a boxer with a big left hand.

A lot has changed since then, and Aldo hasn't subbed anyone in in almost ten years. Its confusing to think people believe Aldo will be able to easily submit Conor.

Back