I think CM Punk will do rather well in UFC

BobSappIsGOAT

White Belt
Reaction score
I can't be the only one that believes CM Punk (Phil Brooks), will do great in his debut?
He has been training jiu-jitsu under Rener Gracie for some years now, although he has no belt he seems to have decent grappling skills. His striking will be the biggest question mark, but he is training with Anthony Pettis, one of the best pure strikers in mma. And to be quite fair, CM has taken many brutal bumps (punches included) in his pro wrestling career so I think he can take a hit. Put him on a boston card and he's bound to win a decision. I could literally see him doing okay against Cathal "Boston Robber" Pendred.

I can see cases for him doing well and cases for him doing awful, but nobody is going to know until it actually happens. I wish him well though

Just wanted to come in here and see what the wasteland looks like....

Ok, I've seen enough

Going against the grain on this one TS. Be prepared to be attacked by neckbeards.

Come on, TS. You can make it a bit less obvious.

Going against the grain on this one TS. Be prepared to be attacked by neckbeards.

says the guy who isn't intelligent enough to see that TS is a troll

I think they should put Punk up against Kelly Hill from the MTV show Slednecks. Kelly beat Caleb "the tank" Whaley by TKO due to strikes. I thought it might have been an early stoppage but you can watch the fight online at the MTV website episode 6. Another opponent for Punk would be Daniel Payne from the MTV show Caged. This two fights would bridge the MTV and MMA gap

I'm more qualified to fight in the UFC than that guy i actually have amateur kickboxing and muay thai experience and have no gi jiu jitsu training

Its funny that you think he's gonna do good hes going to have a huge target on his back who would want to lose to him?

He's gonna come in with great cardio and a great camp..... No commission is gonna let him fight against any kind of real veteran.....ill be putting real money on punk in his first fight

His only experience is in BJJ. And he's no expert by any means, he just has some experience. Now, BJJ experts (real experts) have been able to do well in the UFC in the past, and to some extent, still are. However, it's getting harder to just get by using your BJJ. All the signs point to him losing against any decent fighter. However, he's clearly not getting a decent fighter. His opponent will be carefully chosen, so I think he has a great chance at winning.

54428711.jpg

Come on, TS. You can make it a bit less obvious.

says the guy who isn't intelligent enough to see that TS is a troll

STFU dude! 2005! You know better than to bash fighters!

**I'm so sick and tired of the blatant disrespect for this sport and it's fighters by Sherdoggers whenever Bob Sapp's name is mentioned**

I think he will do well because
1. he's smart and a quick learner (so I hear)
2. he's athletic and not entirely inexperienced in martial arts
3. they will feed him easy competition

3. they will feed him easy competition

Kelly Hill from the MTV show Slednecks, 2-1 in amateur MMA, has an MTV fan base and Daniel Payne from the MTV show Caged, 6-3 in amateur MMA and has not fought since 2011, has an MTV fan base fit the bill as opponents for Punk.

I could literally see him doing okay against Cathal "Boston Robber" Pendred.

Dude, from one Sherbro to another, you should just stick with the WWE. Seriously bro, I feel sorry for you :-(

Someone please post GIF of CM Punk throwing those whack ass goofy kicks.

I could see him doing very well - against a handpicked opponent who would never be in the UFC otherwise.

Dude, from one Sherbro to another, you should just stick with the WWE. Seriously bro, I feel sorry for you :-(

Someone please post GIF of CM Punk throwing those whack ass goofy kicks.

SmYMI.gif

P.S: f@ggot.

Opponent matching will be as scripted as Punk's last WWE event. Dana will make sure the dollars flow in for a few fights, then the first real fighter Punk faces kills him. There is NO substitute for years of professional training against active, resisting opponents.

Back