I think Bones should retire

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Jone Jons, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Jone Jons Sherdog's Photoshop Ringer

go make bad movies like bas rutten or some shit before someone catches you on the chin. yer brain already doesn't work right -- i dont really want to see the decision making after a few KOs. ride off into the sunset and get fat

2. LDC93 Blue Belt

Nah he gotta fight Izzy first.

3. TheToqueville Banned Banned

He's accomplished more than any other fighter in mma, so he has every right to.

Whether he will or not, remains to be seen.

4. vanillaisis Banned Banned

He makes too much money to retire.

5. Mammothman Silver Belt

He needs to pull a Lennox Lewis and go out now

6. Rorschachxx Purple Belt

Given his recent string of fights, he's looking more and more beatable. He might win another controversial decision against Anderson x Blachowicz but thats it afterwards. Dont even think about moving up to HW or even fight Izzy.

7. DoctorStoppage The Ether

He’ll be getting KO’d within his next few fights if he doesn’t walk away. I’m sure even he realizes it at this point.

He’s not untouchable anymore.

8. BabyBlue_Bomber Black Belt

He won and didn’t even take as much damage as he did against Gustafsson, Santos, or Cormier in their 2nd bout.

He’ll be fine.

9. PlayswellwithLawnDarts Banned Banned

He just needs to fight more fat guys a foot shorter and with a foot and a half less reach.

10. car epic win Purple Belt

hes still dominating the "top competition". he crippled santos, and 49-46d reyes

11. ConorFacts Banned Banned

i heard/read that he makes at least 2-5 Million Dollars per fight

thats shit ton of money

12. OmegaRugal Red Belt

Agreed. He should leave like GSP right when he clearly is no longer this unbeatable force. Seems Jones has ran out of "juice". Still great from far but no longer as fast with his kicks and spinning elbows and no longer as strong with his grappling and takedowns.

The Jones that fought Smith, Santos, Reyes would have been beaten by Cormier EASILY.

If Jones keeps fighting, he will lose for sure. Atm he is getting lucky as hell with these judges.

13. Hungry Joe Purple Belt

It looks like Jones is worth about 10 million now. That's a lot of money for sure but he's still pretty young and probably likes to spend it. He's really not taking that much damage and if he's making at least 400k per fight I doubt he will give it up without good reason.
    There is a good chance Jones will lose a fight in the next few years but that's hardly a reason to retire. Almost no fighters are undefeated in mma. You could say a loss will tarnish his legacy but......lol

14. Plenti0203 White Belt

I mean...even if he is not in peak form anymore, which is hardly surprising coming from a 32 year old fighter, with 28 professional fights, I hardly think he has the point where his skill set is so deteriorated he has to retire. Far, far from it.

I'm not a huge Jones fan, but I respect his skills as a fighter. It just seems this narrative that he has nothing left is getting ridiculous. He had changed his style surely, to try and take less damage. He prefers to point out a victory, instead of going for the kill. Against fighters who are now, faster and stronger than him, and whom have 12 years worth of video to study on him, it's not to bad of an idea. Let's not forget, even with lackluster performances, he is still winning. There is a valid arguement yesterday he got a generous nod...that's fine. In my eyes it was a close enough fight that I wasn't going to be mad at whoever got their hands raised. He had trouble with Santos, but pulled it out. Dominated Smith in every aspect of MMA. Smashed Gus. Knocked out DC.

So yes, his body is turning on him a bit. He's fighting a newer younger crop of upstarts who are pushing him more than he has in years prior. But maybe we should stop acting like he's a broken down decrepit fighter.

15. Natural Order Naughty by Nurture

Canelo Alvarez made more money last year than the UFC's most dominant fighter has made his entire career.

<{Heymansnicker}>

16. pick999 Gold Belt

Goat mma fighter nothing else to prove

17. Bu11etproof_JBE Banned Banned

Yet hes still undefeated, lmfao.

18. Rear Naked Toke Blue Belt

Not true. He beat himself. That was over 10 years ago though.

Imo, he also lost to Santos and Reyes, but it is what it is.

1Jn8.gif

19. Bu11etproof_JBE Banned Banned

Your opinion doesn't matter. Jon Jones is undefeated. If you actually watched the Matt Hamill fight, you'd know that Hamill was literally getting murdered.

20. seanb1979 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Cocaine is expensive op.