I swear the world is getting smaller.

fingercuffs

36CFIST
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recent stuff:

my boss’ parents are English and her dad grew up next to Arsenal’s old football stadium and she, he and I are both Arsenal supporters.

the same boss’ grandmother used to live in a village in England where I worked for a decade or so. She knows my local supermarket that I used to buy lunch in most days.

the same village I worked with a girl, I used to take her to meetings because she was more savvy about the company’s products of the company I work for. And now she works here, we were really good friends outside of work as well being good work mates.

guy just walked into my office, English guy, turns out we used to live 10 minutes away from each other.

all this while living in California.

anyone else?

I run in to the same girl almost every day.. i'm at my local store, just shopping.. everyday stuff..

Then i go to pay and fuck me.. there she is.. almost every day..

Really though.. ran into a guy from australia (perth) in gamla stan stockholm that i met on a festival in belgium.. ran into the same guy in barcelona in the airport.. the algorithm for that is pretty insane..

18374e9385f5900dbcfa1aa557bddf02.jpg

I go into work each day and I keep seeing the same assholes. What are the odds?

I run in to the same girl almost every day.. i'm at my local store, just shopping.. everyday stuff..

Then i go to pay and fuck me.. there she is.. almost every day..

Really though.. ran into a guy from australia (perth) in gamla stan stockholm that i met on a festival in belgium.. ran into the same guy in barcelona in the airport.. the algorithm for that is pretty insane..
Didn’t mention because the ones in the op are quite recent. Went for a drink locally in a brew place in California of a Friday with friends, heard an English accent, ended up finding out they both live in a tiny village where my mum and grandma used to live. A lot of my childhood was there and he brought up a lovely restaurant we used to have most Christmas Days.

There's an episode of this american life podcast that's all about these coincidences. Some of them are insane.

Like this one dude that hadn't seen his dad in 15 years, or maybe he never met his dad and only saw pictures. I can't remember the details. But anyway he goes to some tourist place like machu picchu and then runs into his dad.

What were the odds they'd be visiting the same day.

Edit:

I found the episode. It's probably my favorite one. Well worth the listen if you have the time.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/489/no-coincidence-no-story

I was at a Dodger/Padres game in like 2004 or so, and some random guy came up to my dad and said '1984 olympic torch relay' and walked away

My dad did, in fact run the torch, and the pic was on the front page of the LA Times at one point. That being said, how in the hell did this guy remember that 20 years later? what kind of autist was this guy?

my parents are from a remote part of mexico even remote to mexicans because it is up a mountain and I have met people from there in the desert here in california and weird places like elko nevada it is like destiny brings you back to where you began life.

Not my coincidence but I was involved.
My American friend Matt Clack was sat on a plane next to an English guy called Matt Clack. They got on so well American invited he and his wife over to stay. He’s an Arsenal supporter and the trip coincided with us winning the FA Cup final...which he watched and celebrated at my house.

Some random Navy Lawyer in Kabul, Afghanistan came up to me as he saw my last name on my Army Patrol Cover. He asked if my dad was a Drill Sergeant in the early 90s in MCRD San Diego, he was.

This was 2011 mind you, and this was was some random former Marine who switched to Navy Jag after law school and remembered that name 20 years later.

It helps that i have an extremely uncommon and random last name

I think you're homesick, Cuffs.
That may influence your attention bias, ie you noticing more English things, etc.

It may also work on some quantum level, and your thoughts may influence your reality.

I think you're homesick, Cuffs.
That may influence your attention bias, ie you noticing more English things, etc.

It may also work on some quantum level, and your thoughts may influence your reality.
All of it is a bit random though, right? And I hate that word bring overused.
I don't think forces are at work to fuck with my head or anything and as much as she's doing my head in a lot, it's nice to hear her saying "bloody hell" in a real Californian accent sometimes. It just sucks we support the same team but I'm the only one who gets talked to about it because...accent.

My dick has gotten smaller with age. After a run that little fella is smaller than my thumb. It's like it gets consumed like and energy bar while I'm out there. After a shower and a hot meal it fills back up though. Still not the animal he once was.

Or sure laugh now , but you'll be crying when you're 50 too.

My dick has gotten smaller with age. After a run that little fella is smaller than my thumb. It's like it gets consumed like and energy bar while I'm out there. After a shower and a hot meal it fills back up though. Still not the animal he once was.

Or sure laugh now , but you'll be crying when you're 50 too.
For the love of women, stop running.

Back