I suspect Khabib has focused on striking since the last fight...

He's just going to td him, smesh, tire Dustin and then outstrike him like he did to Conor, RDA and Barboza.

Which is ironic, because Khabib's gastank is actually proven in wrestling heavy, 5 round fights. When was the last time Ferguson had to wrestle for at least 3 rounds in a 5rd fight? It is Ferguson's gastank that is unproven, not the other way around. Throwing hands != throwing your opponent's weight around or being smothered from top and forced to carry your opponent's weight. Khabib will force him to wrestle all night and then we'll see how his gastank holds up, Khabib is a known variable.
If you're questioning TF's cardio you have no idea what you're talking about.
And I'm not even a fan of his.

Which is ironic, because Khabib's gastank is actually proven in wrestling heavy, 5 round fights. When was the last time Ferguson had to wrestle for at least 3 rounds in a 5rd fight? It is Ferguson's gastank that is unproven, not the other way around. Throwing hands != throwing your opponent's weight around or being smothered from top and forced to carry your opponent's weight. Khabib will force him to wrestle all night and then we'll see how his gastank holds up, Khabib is a known variable.

When was the last time Khabib had to primarily strike for 3 rounds of a 5 round fight?

Tony has demonstrated he can fight at a ridiculous pace using his preferred style for 25 minutes in Mexico city.

Khabib has never proven he can fight his preferred style for 5 rounds at any altitude.

The 2 times Khabib went to the Championship rounds he had to alter his game plan and slow his pace.

The one time Tony went 5 in the UFC, It was in Mexico City and he absolutely poured it on in the championship rounds against a proven cardio machine.

If you're questioning TF's cardio you have no idea what you're talking about.
And I'm not even a fan of his.
Dispel my doubts then, show me a fight where he wrestles for at least 3 rounds.

When was the last time Khabib had to primarily strike for 3 rounds of a 5 round fight?

Tony has demonstrated he can fight at a ridiculous pace using his preferred style for 25 minutes in Mexico city.

Khabib has never proven he can fight his preferred style for 5 rounds at any altitude.

The 2 times Khabib went to the Championship rounds he had to alter his game plan and slow his pace.

The one time Tony went 5 in the UFC, It was in Mexico City and he absolutely poured it on in the championship rounds against a proven cardio machine.

Striking cardio != grappling cardio. Striking is inherently less draining, because you're throwing your limbs around, not your resisting opponent's weight. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend. The hypothetical scenario where Khabib has to strike for 5 rounds with Ferguson is irrelevant to the conversation, because Khabib has the tools to force the takedown against Ferguson - someone who has far from elite TDD.

Fact is, Ferguson's cardio is unproven in a wrestling heavy 5rd fight, there's a reason Abdulmanap estimated Ferguson's "danger time" as being only 10 minutes. When the fight happens, we will see how he performs, but until then, you have no arguments to persuade me.

Last edited:
Wait.... khabib throws punches in practice ? News to me.

FoolhardyPinkJunebug-size_restricted.gif

@TapMachine

Serious question. Is English not your primary language?

" != " is not commonly used in English. Does it represent "greater than" ? Or does it mean something else?

In English we use ">" and "<" to represent "greater than" and "less than". The point of the arrow pointing to the lesser side.

Dispel my doubts then, show me a fight where he wrestles for at least 3 rounds.

Striking cardio != grappling cardio. Striking is inherently less draining, because you're throwing your limbs around, not your resisting opponent's weight. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend. The hypothetical scenario where Khabib has to strike for 5 rounds with Ferguson is irrelevant to the conversation, because Khabib has the tools to force the takedown against Ferguson - someone who has far from elite TDD.

Fact is, Ferguson's cardio is unproven in a wrestling heavy 5rd fight, there's a reason Abdulmanap estimated Ferguson's "danger time" as being only 10 minutes. When the fight happens, we will see how he performs, but until then, you have no arguments to persuade me.
Dispel my doubts then, show me a fight where he wrestles for at least 3 rounds
How about you show me a fight where TF has gassed or looked tired?
TF has many holes in his game but cardio is not one of them.

How about you show me a fight where TF has gassed or looked tired?
TF has many holes in his game but cardio is not one of them.

I can't. You know why? Because Ferguson hasn't participated in a wrestling heavy 5-rounder yet. When he does, we'll see how his cardio holds up.

Arm punches. Not even putting his hips into it. I'm gonna laugh when Khabib thinks he can box with Porier because of one overhand off a TD feint.

The last fight that Khabib tried to strike with a southpaw was the MJ fight, which he got tagged by a hard left.

Porier has some of the best boxing at LW, which included good head movement, solid power, and great cardio for the level of output. Max, one of the best strikers at the lower weights, got completely outclassed by Porier for two rounds.

Khabib should just stick to spamming low singles and battering guys against the cage.
lol at completely outclassed..

I know everyone champions Khabib as having a non-stop motor...but he did tire a little bit in that 3rd round (I believe)...hopefully for his sake he's been working on his conditioning too.
The only thing he got tired of in the 3rd was Conor blatenly cheating. I can't believe people are still spouting this crap.

I can't. You know why? Because Ferguson hasn't participated in a wrestling heavy 5-rounder yet. When he does, we'll see how his cardio holds up.
I know you can't. And I do know why.
It's because his cardio is incredible.
Like I said, I'm not a fan but I can recognise and acknowledge his strengths and weaknesses.

lol at completely outclassed..
For the first two rounds, Max was outclassed on the feet. The only reason he survived was because he has a fucking serious chin. Remember even prime Conor was landing some hard lefts and couldn't put Holloway away

I know everyone champions Khabib as having a non-stop motor...but he did tire a little bit in that 3rd round (I believe)...hopefully for his sake he's been working on his conditioning too.

"Your conditioning sucks". Tony called him out on it and I agree his gas tank is overrated.
Khabib has an insane pace that's incomparable to any fighter at LW roster
in the Conor fight he slowed down after the 2nd round (60+ significant strikes on the ground + wrestling)
It's only natural that he would be slower in the next round...
5th round Khabib looks fresher than most to me:

Definetly wouldn't be surprised if he takes one round to box and test his hands, also wouldn't be surprised if he loses that round and takes alot of damage (coming from a Khabib fan).

People will be calling his fights boring if Khabib ground and pounds again after what he did to Conor

Same for Khabib, wait until he fights someone with actual wrestling lol. (Tibau) lol

Back